X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrek the halls tomorrow

Alright everyone,

I Just finished up watching a charlie brown christmas on abc which was on tonight. Tomorrow night abc is going to show shrek the halls, which I am excited for and it looks funny too. Anyone looking forward to that? Just to let you guys know.

Re: Shrek the halls tomorrow

What I find strange about this is that Shrek Christmas, a Dreamworks production is being shown on ABC, A Disney Owned Station, while the Broadcast Premiere of "The Incredibles" was shown last weekend on NBC a Universal partner station. Very strange goings on here.

I am kind of looking forward to Shrek Christmas, but not too much.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

lol the irony.

Comment

I'm looking forward to it. I do hope to remember tomorrow. I would love to see this special.
        Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Boy View Post
          What I find strange about this is that Shrek Christmas, a Dreamworks production is being shown on ABC, A Disney Owned Station, while the Broadcast Premiere of "The Incredibles" was shown last weekend on NBC a Universal partner station. Very strange goings on here.

I am kind of looking forward to Shrek Christmas, but not too much.
          I was wondering that too! I'll watch it and then pushing daisies

Comment

Shrek the Halls

(Special -- ABC, Wed. Nov. 28, 8 p.m.)

'Shrek the Halls'

By Brian Lowry
            Variety
            November 27, 2007

DreamWorks rekindles the "Shrek" franchise (and conveniently plugs a holiday book) with this slick and almost insanely fast-paced special. Like the movie sequels, "Shrek the Halls" keeps the gags flying, helping to obscure the fact that relatively few connect. Drawn from the deeply rooted tradition of characters discovering the meaning of Christmas, this passable half-hour pales, alas, next to "How The Grinch Stole Christmas," the venerable classic about another not-so-jolly green animated fellow that ABC will run alongside the new special.

full review at:
            http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117...goryid=32&cs=1

ABC Plans 'Shrek' Holiday Special - The Hollywood Reporter, 11/7/06
            http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...orks+animation

ABC to air 'Shrek the Halls' special 11/28 - USA TODAY 10/29/07
            http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...orks+animation
            "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Just like the Grinch, Shrek the Halls sounds to be another green Christmas tale - and
              environmentally fashionable. Wonder if Donkey will end up with antlers and a red nose.
              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

I am very much looking forward to this, my kids love Shrek. Gotta Tivo it though since 8pm is bedtime.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Gotta give it a peek.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

Off topic a tad, but I missed a Charlie Brown Christmas. It's on next Monday again, right?

Comment

!?!?! It's only Nov!
                      Yes please tell me that Charlie Brown Christmas will be on again!
                      i didn't even think Christmas specials would be starting so early
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I liked Shrek the Halls tonight, and am glad I recorded it to watch again.

Comment

I see the Grinch is on tonight too... Will THAT be repeated?
                          Good morning, son
                          In twenty years from now
                          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                          And I can tell you 'bout today
                          And how I picked you up and everything changed
                          It was pain
                          Sunny days and rain
                          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I only saw Shrek The Halls because the Grinch came on afterwards. In my opinion, this Shrek special definatly will not become a classic. I felt it had no real story to it, or atleast not a well developed story.

Comment

I missed the first few minutes, but as a whole I really liked it. Sure there were still those Shrek-centric fart jokes here and there... but I was very happy that modern jokes and references were kept at a minimum this time around (and no Disney bashing). I cracked up with the Goose joke and the Gingerbread Man had be laughing too. And yes, the end got cheesy in a very Shrek-like way, but was Christmas special isn't cheesy?
                              “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Comment

I didn't really like it. It felt really rushed and I didn't think the story was that great.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                                  I see the Grinch is on tonight too... Will THAT be repeated?
                                  Yes, the animated version will be repeated Monday 12/24 at 8 PM. Here is a list of all the Holiday specials on ABC.

http://abc.go.com/specials/holiday/index
                                  sigpic

Comment

And I believe ABCFamily will be airing a lot of the Rankin-Bass animated specials (also the Charlie Brown spelling bee special is on tomorrow at 7pm). Their entire holiday schedule can be found here.
                                    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Comment

There is a new set of Christmas Specials on DVD. It includes the Grinch, The Year Without a Santa Claus, Twas the Night Before Christmas, Rudolph's Shiny New Year, Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July and others. Most importantly it includes Frosty's Winter Wonderland, which introduced his wife Crystal. This is the true sequal to Frosty the Snowman, not those stupid ones they have made more recently.

http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Tele...6327806&sr=8-4

Now if we could only get Rankin and Bass's "Jack Frost" and "The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus" I will be much happier.

Comment

ABC's 'Shrek' special bests 'Grinch'

By Paul J. Gough
                                        The Hollywood Reporter
                                        Nov 30, 2007

NEW YORK -- A half-hour "Shrek the Halls" holiday special was anything but ugly for ABC, scoring by far the night's highest adults 18-49 rating that even the perennial "How the Grinch Stole Christmas!" couldn't match.

"Shrek" averaged 21.1 million viewers and a 7.2 rating/20 share in adults 18-49, according to preliminary estimates released by Nielsen Media Research. The special, along with "Grinch" (18.7 million, 6.8/17), gave ABC a wide-margin victory on the last night of the November sweeps.

"Shrek" and "Grinch" combined to give the other holiday standby, NBC's "Christmas at Rockefeller Center" (9 million, 2.0/5), its lowest-ever rating in adults 18-49, and it was down 23% compared with a year ago's 2.6/7.
                                        http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...e7a4ac1d3e839e
                                        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Working...
                                        X