This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shrek the halls tomorrow

The only part that really made me enjoy the Shrek thing was the Gingerbread Man barfing up a chocolate chip. It was mediocre IMO. Grinch is waayyyyyyyy better. :bow:
    http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
    www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
    http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

We really enjoyed the Shrek special (now that fact that my kids LOVE Shrek may have something to do with it). I thought it was well planned, a bit rushed but still quite fun. The Gingerbread cookie and the chocolate chip was definitely the best part apart from Santa eating Gingy's wife.

We didn't watch the grinch since we have it on DVD and it was past the kids bedtime anyway. This in no way compares to the Grinch, which is a classic.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

It won't show here until Saturday, it got preempted so we could be served the Sacramento Kings losing another game through pitiful effort and lackluster talent.

I think it'll be hard to top Raging Rudolph and The Reinfather, but here's hoping.

Comment

I liked Puss in Boots and Gingerbreadman's versions of the Night Before Christmas.

Does anyone know when the first Rudolph movie will be on? ABC Family is showing every Rudolph movie except that one.

Comment

I thought it was so good.. the girls really enjoyed it

Friends for life

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment626 View Post
              The only part that really made me enjoy the Shrek thing was the Gingerbread Man barfing up a chocolate chip. It was mediocre IMO. Grinch is waayyyyyyyy better. :bow:
              yes I loved that part

Friends for life

Comment

I only caught the last 10 minutes, which were pretty good.

Of course, now, I'd like to see the entire special, but TVGUIDE.com
                didn't show any repeat showings. However, I just checked again
                and now it looks like ABC will replay "Shrek the Halls" on Tuesday
                Dec. 11 at 7pm here in Phoenix. Probably 8pm if you're in California.
                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I like it. I would love to see this one again.

I laughed when Shrek and Donkey were fighting and Donkey called him "Ebenezer Shrek". :lol: Shrek said something back to Donkey like 'bah humbug' , in which made me :lol: also.

I laughed at Gingy's Santa story and laughed again when Gingy ran away from Santa. :lol: Poor guy.

My cat Loudy was falling in love with Puss-n-Boots in his little Santa outfit. She was watching Puss-n-Boots and she was purring and meowing along with him. She thought he was hot. Oh boy! Just imagine when that spin-off about him comes out.
                  Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Boy View Post
                    What I find strange about this is that Shrek Christmas, a Dreamworks production is being shown on ABC, A Disney Owned Station, while the Broadcast Premiere of "The Incredibles" was shown last weekend on NBC a Universal partner station. Very strange goings on here.
                    It has to do with regulations regarding the television industry. Off the top of my head, currently the Touchstone produced Scrubs airs on NBC, and the NBC Universal produced House airs on FOX. Many television programs are aired and produced by the different, competing companies.

Comment

We just watched it. I thought it was cute.

It's no Charlie Brown or Grinch, but it was cute for what it was.

Who knows, in 30 years it could be a classic too.

Comment

Originally posted by jane2073 View Post
                        I liked Puss in Boots and Gingerbreadman's versions of the Night Before Christmas.

Does anyone know when the first Rudolph movie will be on? ABC Family is showing every Rudolph movie except that one.
                        Tuesday, December 4th, at 8PM on CBS.
                        It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                          Tuesday, December 4th, at 8PM on CBS.

Thank you, Yoyo. I wanted to know that one also.
                          Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

I thought I was done with the Shrek franchise after suffering through the tedious third movie. I decided to give this one a chance when I read that there was some talent involved in the special (http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...franchise.aspx).

Generally, I can't say I was impressed. It felt like too much of a retread of the Shrek series. Shrek is annoyed with Donkey again? Donkey is oblivious again? Yawn.

I can see why fans of Shrek would appreciate it, it was very familiar after all. For me though, the franchise as a whole has become stale.
                            My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

i thought this special was hillarous!

what i thought was sad that this half hour special was funnier than the entire third movie
                              sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

Working...
                              X