• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tin Man - Darker view of 'The Wizard of Oz'

Who thinks Glitch loved DG's mom?

Comment

I figure out why I have a problem with this show. It's too much technology. OZ is about magic, but when you look around they have holographic projects and other things of technology. It's very cyberpunk, not fantasy.
      Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

It's supposed to be that post either WW1 or 2 Oz/The O.Z. split and it's a different version of reality. I don't know... I mean if they want to justify that explain some of the costumes and why it looks so set in the past with touches of creepy...?

Comment

I'm wondering who the father of the sisters is? There is no mention of a father.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm liking this so far. It's an interesting, yet twisted, take on the story. Can't wait to watch the final part tonight. I've been recording it all too so I can watch again sometime.

Comment

I have watched Part 1 and 2, I love it. I am recording 3 to watch tomorrow night. I think these were very well done and I enjoyed every minute. thank god for DVR way to many comercials !!

Comment

So wow...

Spoiler
                The original Dorothy is DG's great, great, great, great (you get the idea) grandmother.

I had a feeling there was some kind of connection.

Oh yeah and apparently Azka-D got a nose job between childhood and now. :lol:
                Last edited by aimster; 12-04-2007, 06:23 PM.

Comment

There's a character (or at least I read this) whose name is Omaha spelled backwards.

Comment

^^Yep!

Spoiler
                    Ahamo is DG's father.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                      ^^Yep!

Spoiler
                      Ahamo is DG's father.
                      Ah!!! I didn't catch the spelling part of that! Very interesting.

Although I almost felt the ending was a bit anticlimatic. It felt like it ended to soon. I would of liked to of seen it play out a bit forward rather than ending where it did.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                      all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Yeah I had a feeling the hand holding was going to be an issue later on... I felt like they should have wrapped things up more. Like did Raw have a kid? Was Glitch going to get his brain back? What was going to happen to Azkadelia now? What happened to Toto? And did anyone get a Caine and DG would be hooking up later vibe? Also was DG's dad from Omaha thus not OZ?

Comment

Oooo! I liked this miniseries! very neat twists on the 1938 movie

If anyone doesn't have access to Scifi, you can watch the whole
                          miniseries at scifi.com
                          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Loved it! Wish there were more quality movies on TV like this one. I too, however, would have liked to see a little more at the end. It just stopped too soon. Not enough gratifying scenes of everybody happy.

Comment

The ending was so clipped. It seems like if you hook people in for three nights, and make them put up with Pop up ads during the running of your mini-series, the least you can do is give them a slow fade at the end, perhaps a ariel shot of the characters standing on the balcony of the castle...whatever, instead... you had two seconds of relief with these people, then YANK...abrupt cut to credits and next ad. Really poor quality.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                                Ah!!! I didn't catch the spelling part of that! Very interesting.

Although I almost felt the ending was a bit anticlimatic. It felt like it ended to soon. I would of liked to of seen it play out a bit forward rather than ending where it did.
                                I agree. All that and... the ending went *pfft*.

Oh and I had the closed captioning on mt TV (good way to learn how things on shows are spelled and catch everything that's said like when characters talk in low voices & stuff).

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
                                Yeah I had a feeling the hand holding was going to be an issue later on... I felt like they should have wrapped things up more. Like did Raw have a kid? Was Glitch going to get his brain back? What was going to happen to Azkadelia now? What happened to Toto? And did anyone get a Caine and DG would be hooking up later vibe? Also was DG's dad from Omaha thus not OZ?
                                I saw Toto come in the room at the end still as a dog, so I'm guessing he's ok. But the rest had too many small loose ends to tie up like with Glitch/Ambrose & Raw.

Comment

I enjoyed it. Not perfect obviously, but it was a very creative twist on the old story. Interestingly enough, I also attended a dress rehearsal for a local production of Wizard of Oz this week, so I seem to be dwelling in that world at the moment.

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                                  Agreed! 3 nights of slow build up for a too quick resolution. They couldn't give us a quick scene (30-60 seconds) of a happy O.Z. with the royal family being praised or something?

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
                                  And did anyone get a Caine and DG would be hooking up later vibe?
                                  No, I got more of a mentor/surogate father vibe from their interactions.

Originally posted by knittingknerd
                                  Also was DG's dad from Omaha thus not OZ?
                                  Yes, in the baloon he told DG about how he crossed over from Nebraska and fell in love with her mother.

Comment

Working...
                                  X