X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 16 year old Jamie Lynn Spears is Pregnant

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
    A.) Writer's strike so there is no writing right now.
    B.) Nickoledeon isn't dumb.
    C.) The world doesn't revolve around the Spears family drama.
    a) Don't think there is alot of writing going on that show anyway ...
    b) Not dumb ... per se' ...
    c) They think it does.

Comment

LISTEN TO THIS!!

"
      Oh, shiz! Who's the babydaddy???? CLICK HERE to find out!
      http://perezhilton.com/?p=11074#more-11074

Har har har

Comment

Great. This story keeps getting better and better. The line that really gets me is, “Jamie Lynn went through a time of partying, and Casey was just a part of that.” How can a 16 year old have gone through a time of partying? She's sixteen! She's not old enough to have gone through any times of anything!

Comment

Her 18-year-old boyfriend isn't her baby daddy?

Meh. I still don't care. Why does anybody? What difference does it make? Why are we all so obsessed with it?

I'd rather be at Disneyland :ap:

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Schadenfreude. It's a beautiful thing. )

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzman View Post
              Luckily? I say unfortunately. Yeah, it's great that when it happens there is a support system to help them, since it isn't the baby's fault. However, society should shame the hell out of the mothers. Fourteen is too damn young to have a baby, period. With all this acceptance and PC crap today these kids think it's perfectly fine, though, and that's a problem. A huge problem. Thanks to kids trying to raise other kids we have a world full of social misfits who have no idea how to behave as a decent human being. It's ridiculous. Society needs to send a clear message to teens that it is not acceptable, at all, to go popping out babies when you're still one yourself.
              Or how taking it back one step farther and sending a message that it is not acceptable at all to be having sex at the age of fourteen. Teens focus should be on going to school and getting good grades and having extracurricular activities like sports, music, etcetera.

Originally posted by MollyTrolly View Post
              I feel really bad for her. At 16 she is not old enough to understand some of her decisions, the mother should not have allowed her to live with her over aged boyfriend, and is in some way to blame for this as well.

Anyway, kids make mistakes (or errors in judgement), she needs the support of her family and fans right now more than anything. This has got to be a very hard time for her.
              I think she is old enough to understand that every time you have sex , you take the chance of becoming pregnant. But I am in total agreement with you that her mother should not have allowed her to live with her boyfriend....I don't know what she was thinking with that decision or the idea that she was qualified to even think about writing a book on parenting.

I also agree that she made a mistake and needs support. At least she didn't have an abortion and at least she has enough money to financially support this baby.

I agree that the Mom is partially responsible, but I say BS to her not being old enough to understand her decisions. A sixteen year old is savvy enough to know that sex does in fact lead to pregnancy. I was. I can agree that she might not be mature enough to appreciate the lifelong consequences (especially considering she's a rich teenager and likely pathetically spoiled and pampered) of getting knocked up, but she's still old enough to know how and why it happened (as well as who is ultimately at fault.) She did this by choice, it wasn't thrust upon her, and therefore she deserves no sympathy.

What I think a lot of teens don't understand is the permanent ramifications having a baby creates for their future love life and children they will probably want to have .

Originally posted by dsnylndmom View Post
              I completely agree. Not to mention, she just watched her sister pop two kids out in rapid succession. 16 is more than old enough to be aware of the consequences of sex.
              And I'm convinced that a lot of Britney's mental problems may be due to having two kids in such rapid succession....she may have post partum depression ..somebody better watch for this in Jamie too.

Originally posted by doombuggy driver View Post
              I agree shame on the mom's! I have to teach these girls and watch the other girls in my class ooh and aah over ultrasound photos and giggle when they touch their belly's. It's totally disgusting how "cool" it is to be pregnant at 14 and I have to watch it almost everyday. "Oh your belly is so cute, Oh I bet you can't wait, How does it feel?", It all just makes me sick!

On the other hand I am glad that these young girls are getting better prenatal care and not just hiding their pregnancies and dumping the baby wherever they feel like once they deliver. So it's a double edged sword that society is more accepting of young pregnant girls.
              I think they should show films on every aspect of being a teen parent..maybe if these kids see what all they'll be missing by getting pregnant and having a kid, they'll think twice about it. They should also show these young girls exactly what a female body looks like right after a pregnancy.

Very true, though I'm not sure that I would say "accepting." I think "accommodating" would be more accurate (excepting, of course, the peers of these girls, with their nearly stomach wrenching fawning and cooing over ultrasounds) or perhaps even "prepared." I just can't support a general acceptance of the phenomena of teen mothers as acceptance usually spawns approval, and this is a situation that should really never be approved of. I do hope that young Baby-Momma Spears finds support and aid from her family and loved ones, but not acceptance. This was a poor choice and that shouldn't be ignored.

I agree that it was a poor choice that shouldn't be ignored. It's a tough call as far as how to be toward these young unwed mothers. We don't want to condone what they did , but we also don't want to punish them or their babies for making a choice that was not ideal. People have sex when they're in love or lust and mistakes happen.

There is a sweet gal at our church who I've known almost her whole life. She got pregnant by her boyfriend and decided to keep the baby. There are always baby showers being thrown at our church by the best friends of the expectant mothers. But no baby shower was thrown for this girl by her best friend and she needed things for her baby probably more than all of the women who are married and have husbands with good paying jobs and nice homes. To me, she is already living with a lot of negative consequences of her decision to keep her baby rather than aborting it which I think is commendable so why wouldn't I want to help her? My girls and I gladly gave her a very nice gift for her baby after church one Sunday and I don't think any of my girls got the idea that having sex or having a baby out of wedlock was the "ideal."

Like I said, it's a hard call as far as how to behave toward these mothers since we don't want to send the wrong message. But once the mistake's been made, I think we need to make the best of it for everyone's sake.

Originally posted by Digital Jedi View Post
              I know Britney has been far less then the model sister lately, but how exactly do Britney's and Jamie's experiences even remotely connect? Britney didn't have a child until she was around 24 and married, so I don't see how the comments that she's just doing what her sister did really fly. By all accounts, Britney's descent into madness didn't begin until recently, certainly not around the time she was still living with her mother, so I don't see how bad parenting ties in here either.

But at the same time, I get this perception that people just really enjoy reveling in other people's mistakes and misery, even if the details don't really fit. Britney has been erratic and borderline insane, made questionable parenting decisions, and comes from a highly publicized failed marriage. Somehow that's her mother's fault, even though all of this stuff happened long after she left her mother's home, married and divorced. I don't know about you, but these seem more like the mistakes of an individual with her own freewill and decision making powers, rather then the mistakes of her parent. Folks seem to forget that Britney has been an adult on her own for some time now, and not all mistakes an adult makes lead back to your parent's door. Most of the time, those mistakes are firmly your own fault.

Jamie, on the other hand, well, I can honestly say I know plenty of parents that did everything they were supposed to and did it right, and their kids still messed up. Kids have this pesky little thing called their own mind that often gets in the way of good, even restrictive parenting. Of course, I don't really know that's the case here, but why are are we ignoring the very real flip side to that coin? Because Britney's crazy? This is what I mean by indiscriminate lines being drawn. It doesn't really ALL fit together. I see an adult that made bad decisions and see a child that made wholly different bad decisions, but I can't see how one influences the other, and by extension, I can't see how it's another parenting mistake. A new parenting mistake, perhaps, but "another"?
              I think you've made some very good points in this post.

I read somewhere recently that even though Britney was "marketed" as being a virgin for a long long time, she had actually had sex around the age of thirteen. I don't think it's the fact that the girls were horny teenagers who wanted to have sex as soon as they had boyfriends that's what made their mom a bad parent. I think it's that their mom didn't chaperone them closely enough at that age. Even with curfews ,many kids still find ways to break them and get into trouble. What makes this most recent situation with Jamie strange is that her mom was letting her live with her boyfriend rather than forbidding her to spend unchaperoned time alone with him which is what I think most moms who are trying to keep their kids out of trouble do.

As far as the mistakes Britney is currently making in regards to her marriage, divorce and continual bad parenting choices, I think if one of my daughters was doing all those same things at that same age, I would do everything I could to intervene and get them help. But like you said, people have free wills and once they're 18 they can do whatever they want , including turning down help.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                Her 18-year-old boyfriend isn't her baby daddy?

Meh. I still don't care. Why does anybody? What difference does it make? Why are we all so obsessed with it?

I'd rather be at Disneyland :ap:
                I was thinking about this while the power was out. Why do I care about the Spears family drama? Why do I comment on it? Why do I bother? And I realized... my life can be drama filled, but it's not as bad as the Spears family. Sure my sister has a nasty temper, likes to play "Jerry Springer Show Rejects," has a bunch of tattoos and piercings that are just wrong (a bullet belt and she gets a new bullet for each person she sleeps with and their intials there...), and she's in a triangle relationship (I don't get it either...), but is she blocking traffic to take a picture of mural and then cusses out the paps? No! Sure my mom has this obsession about being like Martha Stewart. But is she letting my underage sister (I don't have an underaged sibs, but follow me here) live with their significant other? No! Makes me feel good! Thank you Spears family, my life won't ever suck as much as yours does....

But if the baby daddy is someone from her show, a "grown up" someone needs to speak up and say "that ain't not right."

Comment

watch this its Jamie lynn! :lol:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=24551406
                  Har har har

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
                    I think they should show films on every aspect of being a teen parent..maybe if these kids see what all they'll be missing by getting pregnant and having a kid, they'll think twice about it. They should also show these young girls exactly what a female body looks like right after a pregnancy.
                    Totally agreed.

Our niece is 16 and has a boyfriend. My Sister-In-Law just had twin babies 8 months ago.

I'm thrilled to be an uncle again. But I also think it's great that our 16 y/o niece is seeing how tough it is to have babies around, and that she'll hopefully think twice about certain things.

At least I hope so.

When our kids are that age, you'd better believe we'll be borrowing babies from friends to babysit so she can see what it's like.

If I've gotta scare her into not getting pregnant too young that's just what I'll do.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post

When our kids are that age, you'd better believe we'll be borrowing babies from friends to babysit so she can see what it's like.

If I've gotta scare her into not getting pregnant too young that's just what I'll do.
                      I think that's a great idea. Have them take care of a real baby for a week or so. Let them see that it is a lot of work, and not just a little doll to dress up and go ga-ga over.
                      ETA: That would apply to boys as well as girls.
                      Last edited by 7.17.55; 12-29-2007, 07:48 AM.

Comment

You will never believe what I just seen!
                        I was watching Nick at nite and a Commercial came on for her show, and guess who was leaving! Yup Jamie Lynn.
                        Har har har

Comment

Wonder if Jamie Lynn will name her daughter or son, Britney?
                          To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

I really don't see why everone is so wrapped up in their lives. There is so many people in the world that does twice as bad things. You can ride around town and see worse!

Comment

Originally posted by lilmissymeprincess View Post
                              I really don't see why everone is so wrapped up in their lives. There is so many people in the world that does twice as bad things. You can ride around town and see worse!
                              I think it's because it's blasted into our lives. Every news show, every magazine etc. has this story. Someone around town might be in the same situation but it's not advertised on TV or in magazines, so you may not know about it unless you know them personally.

Comment

Originally posted by lilmissymeprincess View Post
                                Because they are role models for little girls and young teenage girls...and we are finding that they are not doing 'role model' types of things......Jamie Lynn Spears has a show aimed at teen girls.....and now she's pregnant. What does that tell those teen girls???

Yes, many people in the world do twice as bad things.....but they aren't celebrities in the public eye.

Comment

Originally posted by garbear View Post
                                  You will never believe what I just seen!
                                  I was watching Nick at nite and a Commercial came on for her show, and guess who was leaving! Yup Jamie Lynn.
                                  That was a show plotline wayyyy before this news broke.
                                  A signature should go here.

Comment

Guess WHAT

BRITNEY IS BALD

omg

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                                      Because they are role models for little girls and young teenage girls...and we are finding that they are not doing 'role model' types of things......Jamie Lynn Spears has a show aimed at teen girls.....and now she's pregnant. What does that tell those teen girls???

Yes, many people in the world do twice as bad things.....but they aren't celebrities in the public eye.
                                      See I understand that but if you look around highschool now there is about 10 girls pregnant.(not counting the one that is soppose to not be told) That doesn't mean they followed in her footsteps. They weren't grown up right! Parents need to be roll models it doesn't help if your mom got pregnant with you at a younge age.Does it? Y'all didn't have Brittany or Jamie around when you were little. Did you? No! So why is everyone so worried about that?
                                      Last edited by lilmissymeprincess; 01-04-2008, 08:20 PM. Reason: Read it again..

Comment

Originally posted by Inanimate View Post
                                        Guess WHAT

BRITNEY IS BALD

omg
                                        Jamie Lynn was bald too. That's why she's pregnant.
                                        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

If the news media hadn't covered them every time they blinked, this never would have happened. This whole family is so screwed up it isn't even funny anymore. Why any teen would hold these idiots as "Idols" or "Role Models" is totally insane. I am so glad a judge/court commissioner has had it and gave permanent custody of the kids to K-Fed. He seems to have a head on his shoulders. Now if he does something stupid, I really feel sorry for what will happen to those boys.

One Spears is still in the hospital for "Observation", has driven drunk over and over, shaved her head, hit a car with her umbrella and so many other stupid things you can't keep track of all the stupid things she has done. And now "Younger" sister and Disney Star of Zoey 101 is PREGNANT at 16!!!!!! Disney should be distancing themselves from both these girls in the fastest way possible.
                                          Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Working...
                                          X