• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thrax
    careful...i'm contagous!
    • Aug 2006

what is pete?

seriously, in steamboat willie he looks like a cat. but the modern pete looks more like a dog?

what does everyone else think?
    sigpicDISNEYROYALTY
  • Hayley B
    Delawarean Girl
    • Jun 2006

Re: what is pete?

:ghug:

According wiki, he is a anthropomorphic cat as to Mickey Mouse is a anthropomorphic mouse. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_%2...y_character%29

Pete is indeed a cat. A couple of times Mickey on Mickey's House of Mouse. Mickey has referred Pete as a cat.

There is a book out there called "Walt Disney's Animated Characters" by John Grant. Leonard Maltin himself recommend me to get that book and I did. It has the best information about Pete, that I know of.

Still, it would be nice if they gave him a little spotlight on maybe the Disney Treasures. Explaining his history.

I hope that answers your question. I know, it's probably too much information. But, I just can't help it. I love Pete very much.
    Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

• BFJen
      For You!
      • Feb 2006

I didn't know that - I guess I never really thought about what Pete was - great question and answer!
      sigpic
      Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

• thrax
        careful...i'm contagous!
        • Aug 2006

Pete is indeed a cat. A couple of times Mickey on Mickey's House of Mouse. Mickey has referred Pete as a cat.

There is a book out there called "Walt Disney's Animated Characters" by John Grant. Leonard Maltin himself recommend me to get that book and I did. It has the best information about Pete, that I know of.

Still, it would be nice if they gave him a little spotlight on maybe the Disney Treasures. Explaining his history.

I hope that answers your question. I know, it's probably too much information. But, I just can't help it. I love Pete very much
        it does thank you
        sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

• Kuzcochik
          The Yodelin' Cowgirl
          • Jul 2005

Yeah... I always thought he was a cat... you know to rival the mouse and later on the dog (goof troop, goofy movie, et al).

Comment

• steamboatpete
            Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

• Sep 2006

Pete's a cat? Dang. I hate cats. I shall now begin self-loathing.
            Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
            The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
              Beach Expert
              • Sep 2006

Good question. I posed the same question to DisneyIPresume, Jr. today. We went to Disneyland and spent a few minutes in the cinema.

He thinks he's a cat. But he says he is not the same in Steamboat Willie as he is in House of Mouse.

Comment

• Hayley B
                Delawarean Girl
                • Jun 2006

Yes, Pete has gone through many of changes. I'm trying look at the Animated Character book.

One thing they say. "Pete's career goes all the way back to the Alice comedies. The appearance may have changed since then, but the character is still recognizably the same" - John Grant

^ This is a image of him in the Alice comedies and the picture appears in the book long with the quote I have just said.

oh and they also make it clear that he is a cat in the book. It's a very good book by the way. I'm so happy Leonard Maltin recommended to me.
                Last edited by Hayley B; 01-19-2008, 07:59 PM. Reason: Had to fix some of the sentences. I'm little sleepy at the moment. But I am happy to fix it right away, for the love of Pete.

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

• CrystalJ.Squirrel
                  MiceChatter
                  • Jan 2008

He is officially a cat. He looks like a bear in the Alice Comedies and Oswald shorts. I think the cat Oswald was in love with in "Oh What a Knight" is his daughter. Who I am guessing is named Sadie, because a title of this fragment was called "Sagebush Sadie".
                  No sweat, no sweet.- British Proverb

Comment

• Hayley B
                    Delawarean Girl
                    • Jun 2006

Originally posted by CrystalJ.Squirrel View Post
                    He looks like a bear in the Alice Comedies and Oswald shorts.
                    I want to say, yes he does. That's actually one of the reason, why I would like them to have a little tv spotlight on him (something like Disney Treasures or some tv thing telling his history). I would like them to try to clear that up, if they can.

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X