This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell's Kitchen

Who is watching this season? What do you think so far?

I loved Ramsey getting on the bus in disguise with all of these people and then them doing impressions of him. We were laughing so hard at the whole beginning. And what a bad start for their signature dishes. Ouch!

We liked Jen and Bobby early on, but Bobby really needed to step up and assist everyone else. I mean, he was asked twice and still said he didn't want to get all in their way. Hello, you're the team captain and competing to be an Executive Chef here, leadership is a must.

Almost every one of them annoyed me at one point or another, which means it's going to be a good season. :clap:

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

Re: Hell's Kitchen

Yes! I am- and I pretty much hated everyone - but than I usually do in the beginning. The signature dishes, IMO, most of them looked gross - I would not have eaten them. But Ramsey's reactions to some of them were classic. Hope this season continues to be entertaining.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I agree. I wondered to myself where they find these people. By the end, I hope I still want to go eat at LondonLA.

Comment

I forgot to mention that one guy, Jason. He actually left the kitchen when they were getting ready/starting to cook to smoke and then was shown playing with his bare toes. I wish they'd shown that he washed his hands before coming back to the kitchen because I can only hope that he did at this point. And I'm not that convinced. :yuck: And then, all of his sexist comments. Nice guy.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
        Mark Twain

Comment

I had never watched this show before but we started watching Kitchen Nightmares and so we figured we would check this out. A lot of it seemed very contrived but entertaining as well. I am a smoker and even I was hoping we would see Jason wash his hands before returning to the kitchen.

Its an interesting lot of people I have no idea what to expect since I have never seen the show, but thus far it was very entertaining.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

I am hoping that was just editing....I hope:unsure:
            Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Love this show!!! Oh and the resturaunt in LA ALREADY has a waiting list! already!!!! I've been trying to get reservations for the past 6 months!

Okay as for the show - can some of the people get any lazier?? The guys thinking that the girls did worse? My goodness the guys didn't even know the entrees! Hulllooo? Has anyone on this show ACTUALLY see the show????

I'm always amazed at that part, you would think they have seen some of the episodes

Made me wonder what would be my signature dish - I think Salmon with herb butter and lemon seasoned rice OR clam garlic pasta

Ooops forgot to add 'ye donkey!' LOL
              Spell Binding Books
              http://www.spellbindingbookstore.com
              The new bookstore on the corner - We sell books, movies and Annalee Dolls!
              We have awesome shipping prices - check us out!
              Need your book reviewed? Want to market your contest, book, website, signing?
              Contact us info@spellbindingbookstore.com for more details!

Comment

It was my first time watching.
                Can't stand that gross sexist guy. He should have gone.
                Bobby amuses me like crazy. I hope he stays awhile!
                Good morning, son
                In twenty years from now
                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                And I can tell you 'bout today
                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                It was pain
                Sunny days and rain
                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

This was the first time I've seen HK, but I have seen Kitchen Nightmares. I can't believe how much of an @ss Gordon is. Apparently chefs are known for being tough, but he was just over the top. I do not think I will continue to watch this show.

And how often can we watch him force himself to throw up - that is beyond contrived.

Comment

Originally posted by All Aglow View Post
                    I forgot to mention that one guy, Jason. He actually left the kitchen when they were getting ready/starting to cook to smoke and then was shown playing with his bare toes. I wish they'd shown that he washed his hands before coming back to the kitchen because I can only hope that he did at this point. And I'm not that convinced. :yuck: And then, all of his sexist comments. Nice guy.
                    Yuck! I noticed that too. Also, the way several of them were perspiring, was totally disgusting. I just kept waiting for the "drip".

Anyone else notice that most of the contestants were smokers? Just another thing that you try not to think about when dining out!
                    Rally Rat, Oh how I've missed thee!

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                      This was the first time I've seen HK, but I have seen Kitchen Nightmares. I can't believe how much of an @ss Gordon is. Apparently chefs are known for being tough, but he was just over the top. I do not think I will continue to watch this show.
                      Have you seen the BBC America version of Kitchen Nightmares - that is a much better show than the "FOX"-ified re-do, and a much better indicator of how Gordon helps would-be restauranteurs and chefs.

As for HK - again, it's a FOX show. You're expecting something else?
                      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                        Have you seen the BBC America version of Kitchen Nightmares - that is a much better show than the "FOX"-ified re-do,
                        Actually, that is the one I watch. I have caught a few of the US version, but mostly BBC.

Comment

I thought he was a bit mean and stuff... but I also thought that these guys knew that going in, so it was better? It's unnecessary, but it's just him.
                          Good morning, son
                          In twenty years from now
                          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                          And I can tell you 'bout today
                          And how I picked you up and everything changed
                          It was pain
                          Sunny days and rain
                          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

ok so again this is my first season, so he is allowed to kick off anyone he wants, regardless of who the person chooses? Makes it useless to have them choose doesn't it. I am still not sure I get this show. ill give it one more week.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Yeah, we called b.s. on that last night. But, it is his show and his prize being given away, so the final say is his.

I really, really, really want Jason gone. That guy... grrr, he makes me so angry. Which is probably what he wants, with his sexist comments, so then I'm even more angry for falling into it. :lol: They showed him quitting in the previews, but since they showed it, I don't see it actually happening.

I had to laugh when that one guy wanted to quit and Bobby goes up, takes his cigarette and puts it out, pulls him up out of the chair, buttons him up and straightens his close, all while talking soothingly to him. He could have been talking to a toddler who had a friend make them mad and didn't want to play with them ever again.

Mark Twain

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X