What would Disney buy next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would Disney buy next?

Ever since Disney has doing great thanks to the acquisition of Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm. Pixar has been a great boost for Disney Animation, ever since the early 2000's, where Disney doesn't do well in Animation, rather be box office failure like Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Treasure Planet, Home on the Range. or critical failure like Dinosaur, Brother Bear and (again) Home on the Range. The only film that Disney has success with it in the early 2000's is Lilo and Stitch. Disney shuts down the 2D Department and make a CG film without the help of Pixar with Disney's hated film, Chicken Little. After Disney purchase Pixar, Ed Catmull became president of both Pixar and Disney Animation, Steve Jobs steps down as CEO of Pixar and became Disney Chairman Board of Director, and most importantly, John Lasseter became the Chief Creative Officer and be in charge of not only Pixar, but also Disney Animation. That's why movies like Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and recently Zootopia became such a successes.

Marvel, on the other hand, they made Disney a lot of money with movies like The Avengers and even made a Disney-Marvel crossover like Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel and Prep and Landing: Mansion Impossible, and i even wanted to see a comic book series, where the Sugar Rush racers (including Vanellope) to meet and team-up with Marvel Superheroes. Lucasfilm, They were in the right hand now, ever since Disney Parks made a Star Tours attraction, even a Star Wars event. Lucasfilm is a prefect fit for Disney, they also help make Disney to be in $2 Billion with Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Now I'll talk about What company should Disney buys next?

Hasbro

Yeah, i don't know why i still keep hearing the rumors of Disney buying Hasbro? Althought Hasbro did a great job with toys based on Disney properties like Star Wars, Marvel and even Hasbro won the rights to the Disney Princess from Mattel. I wish Hasbro could get the toy rights to Cars. Not to mention that in 2014, Hasbro was in a potential talk to buy DreamWorks Animation, but the deal felt apart, due to possibly Disney's Interference. Also, not too long ago, Hasbro bought an Irish Animation studio, Boulder Media.

Lightstorm Entertainment

When Disney announced that it's going to make an area based on Avatar for Animal Kingdom, i predicted that Disney could buy James Cameron's production company, Lightstorm Entertainment. so that Disney could get the rights to Avatar. I don't know, Ever since people compaints of how the story of Avatar is too predictable.

Rainbow s.r.l.

For those who haven't know about this studio, Rainbow s.r.l. is an Italian Animation Studio, best known for the creation of the Winx Club, founded by Iginio Straffi. In early 2016, i was thinking of DreamWorks Animation to buy the studio, but now it would be possible, due to Comcast's buyout. If Disney wins a bidding war to buy the studio against Comcast, Hasbro and Saban. Not only Disney should expand the TV business, but also expand their market to Italy. Rainbow not only focusing on their original IP like Winx Club, Monster Allergy, Huntik, PopPixie, etc., but also making some programs based on Disney IP like Star Wars: Resistance (Yeah, i don't know why because it's still keep leaking in Wikipedia, but it was later removed.)

Like Hasbro, Rainbow bought a Canadian animation studio, Bardel Entertainment in 2015. If Disney buys Rainbow, which means that Disney also owns Bardel Entertainment. Maybe, Mercury Filmworks could be purchase by either Disney (since Disney and Mercury have been a great partners when it comes to animated series) or Rainbow. Bardel and Mercury will be making projects and animate the programs for both Disney Television Animation and Rainbow s.r.l.

EA/Activision Blizzard/SEGA

For those who still keep hearing the rumors of Disney buys Nintendo, I don't it will be a great idea for Disney to buy a game company that's dedicated to make console-exclusive games. Why not let Disney make games for Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft consoles, including PC Games.

I still keep hearing of Disney buying EA, do you have any idea of ESPN games for EA Sports, not to mention that Star Wars: Battlefront have been a financial success. Why not let Disney to buy Activision Blizzard, best known to make great games such as Skylanders, Call of Duty. don't forget that Activision owns Kings, best known for creating Candy Crush games.

Personally, i would love to see Disney buying SEGA, so that they can help the company, ever since SEGA is going downhill.

If i open my own game studio in the future, i'm sure to buy the Disney games license. if my company are doing well.

Twitter/Netflix

Because i don't know. some news are keeping up. However, that's Disney's decision.

21st Century Fox??

MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
      21st Century Fox??
      I saw that & I hope not.

Comment

Working...
      X