Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Disney Heir Calls Iger’s $65 Million Pay ‘Insane’

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Heir Calls Iger’s $65 Million Pay ‘Insane’

Disney Heir Abigail Disney Calls CEO Bob Iger’s $65 Million Pay ‘Insane’

Abigail Disney, an heir to the Disney entertainment empire, continues taking the company to task for CEO Bob Iger’s $65.6 million compensation last year, which a study says was 1,424 times the median employee pay.

“I like Bob Iger. ... But by any objective measure a pay ratio over a thousand is insane,” Disney — a granddaughter of Roy Disney, who co-founded the entertainment giant with brother Walt Disney — wrote in a viral Twitter thread on Sunday...

“When he got his bonus last year, I did the math, and I figured out that he could have given personally, out of pocket, a 15% raise to everyone who worked at Disneyland, and still walked away with $10 million.
    "

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
    - Michael Eisner

Thanks, Mr. Wiggins! I was just about to share that.

Let me save one other Micechatter the trouble of writing his predictable post for him:

"Well as an American I have no problem with Iger making 65 million, and I would have no problem if Disney paid him 65 billion a year and if full-time Disneyland workers earned 30 cents a day. It's called capitalism! In fact, I would have no problem if the world compensated Iger with 65 trillion a year and the other 7.53 billion human Earthlings all split $7.53 billion a year! Don't like it? Move to Mars! P.S. Everything I know about capitalism I've learned from Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity who each read most of a column by the late William F. Buckley who mentioned Adam Smith's "The Wealth of Nations."

(Fun fact: Buckley admitted he'd never read it.)

Comment

Here's the LA Times version of the story.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

Comment

Given the documented pay issues within the Disney Company, I dont know how anyone can possibly defend the pay disparity between Mr. Iger and those that actually make the Company the success that it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Figment56 View Post
          Given the documented pay issues within the Disney Company, I dont know how anyone can possibly defend the pay disparity between Mr. Iger and those that actually make the Company the success that it is.
          Unless, of course, you're so blinded by your own personal greed that you simply don't care about anyone else. Then you can defend your $65 million compensation package.

Comment

I see it less as personal greed and not caring, and more as being inculcated in a business culture where obscenely large CEO pay disparity has become normal and expected.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

Comment

Bob Iger has devolved from a somewhat normal human to yet another grossly overpaid executive
              who is completely consumed by his lust for money.
              Every thought he thinks
              and every decision he makes ,
              is always based on how it will affect his personal wealth.
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                I see it less as personal greed and not caring, and more as being inculcated in a business culture where obscenely large CEO pay disparity has become normal and expected.
                I almost wrote something similar but decided not to.....I'm glad you did, it's a good point.

Further, just about every CEO these days is not much more than a puppet of Wall Street. Whatever Wall Street wants the CEO will do his best to satisfy them.

It seems that presently, Wall Street likes crowded parks, so Iger and his minions gave them exactly that. If Wall Street decided they want lower crowds, DL would become a perpetual ghost park in just a few months.

Comment

Working...
                X