Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CEO Successor

Now since the Fox deal is completed, who would you rather have as new CEO of The Walt Disney Company, out of the four executives I listed. I just came across an article on Obeserver.com stating possible successors. My question is who would you all pick from these executives. Here are the contenders: “Right now, there are three front runners,” DiGuido said, “Bob Chapek, head of parks & resorts; Kevin Mayer, chief strategy officer; and Peter Rice, former CEO of Fox Network.” And another not listed in the article would be James Murdoch. The following is not the order of who I like best, but are my predictions:
    I see Bob Chapek as the new Disney CEO, and Peter Rice takes Chapek's current position of Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products. I personally would like to see some different people we don't know of, such as Murdoch who you never know, possibly could understand our love for original attractions. OR ANYONE YOU'D LIKE FROM ANY CURRENT COMPANY?
    Last edited by rld275501; 09-26-2019, 07:11 PM. Reason: Added options to be more inclusive rather than choices I listed.

Originally posted by rld275501 View Post
    Now since the Fox deal is completed, who would you rather have as new CEO of The Walt Disney Company, out of the four executives I listed. I just came across an article on Obeserver.com stating possible successors. My question is who would you all pick from these executives. Here are the contenders: “Right now, there are three front runners,” DiGuido said, “Bob Chapek, head of parks & resorts; Kevin Mayer, chief strategy officer; and Peter Rice, former CEO of Fox Network.” And another not listed in the article would be James Murdoch. The following is not the order of who I like best, but are my predictions:
    I see Bob Chapek as the new Disney CEO, and Peter Rice takes Chapek's current position of Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products. I personally would like to see some different people we don't know of, such as Murdoch who you never know, possibly could understand our love for original attractions.
    IMO- It not going be
    Bob Chapek
    Disney Board of Directors ,
    has already hinted
    that next CEO will come a outside source.........
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Hahahaha

Comment

I think Sgt. Carter should be the CEO and Gomer Pyle should be the resort President..........

Or even better, The Brain should be CEO and Pinky the Pres.........

Comment

I don't see Chapek because while he can bump off a string of lower level execs to excuse his failures, the board who hires and fires the CEO will likely see it as a problem.

Chapek thought he could slash the parks and mortgage generations of stored goodwill to look like he had a "Midas Touch".

Iger stayed longer than planned and the budget slashing eventually caught up with Chapek.

Chapek won't be fired because it looks bad on Iger, but very unlikely that Chapek becomes CEO.

I'd say Meyer has the lead if Disney+ is a hit, if not, I'd say Peter Rice or possibly someone of that mold.

Plastic isn't the main source, nor the future, they are looking for someone who is a media mogul. Chapek is not, he sells Heinz, plastic, and cheaped out experiences. He is not a celebrity mogul. For goodness sakes, he knows nothing about showmanship in a company all about showmanship, from old media to digital media, to shows, entertainment, etc. Can you imagine elevating the guy who cut entertainment to the top post in the global leader in entertainment?? Let's be real here.

Then again, in this crazy age, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post
            Let's be real here.

Then again, in this crazy age, who knows.
            If Heinz can have a up-side down Ketchup Bottel
            then Disney can have a
            up-side down no showmanship CEO...........
            "O"They do.................lol

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

This thread is like ...

Should we pick JR Ewing, Saruman, Lord Voldemort, Palpatine, or Joffrey Baratheon?

Picking from that lot ...
              You all think there's going to be any good outcome ... leading the Disney Legacy?

This is the Nightmare edition of a real GAME OF THRONES!

With one bad decision after another!

MY SIGNATURE:
              Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Michael "concrete is landscaping" Eisner.

Comment

Dolly Parton

Comment

It might be time to unfreeze Walt himself.
                    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                    My company had a special night at the park
                    WdW trip report with WWoHP
                    NYE 2011 trip report
                    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                    Leap year 24 hour report
                    New DCA trip report
                    NYE 2012
                    HKDL trip report

Comment

What they need to start doing is all parks executives need to be personnel that have come up through the parks. Make being a CM the first step to being a future Disney parks executive and we will never have another Eisner/Chapek again. Sure those above the parks division can come from Media or Product backgrounds but for the parks there should be ex CM's at the helm.

Comment

Just know
                        Chapek
                        Is not into showmanship.....nor what Theme Parks is all about.
                        He doesn't even know what Experience is........
                        Un-less he in a mall or store ,watching other's pull out there wallet !

NO ,I can not see him as CEO - over all the company -IMO
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I have no clue about Rice or Meyer. Either could get it the Job. Chapek........not in the lead, but he could (unfortunately) turn it around in his favor. It all depends on Target/Disney, Fiscal 2019/20 and the crown jewel, Avengers Campus.

Murdoch and any other Fox Executive could take the lead, which would help bring the 2 companies together.

Other Candidates(some serious, others.....):

-Sheryl Sandberg, previously served on the board

-Kathleen Kennedy, actually considered a contender in the past.

-Tim Cook. Can't get Apple or Steve Jobs's ghost? Get the next best thing!

-Elon Musk. EARTH's Economy would go insane!

-Jeffery Katzenberg. Because fate can be a crazy unpredictable thing!

-Jay Rasulo. Because fate can be crazy, but a boring let down thing.

-Amy Pascal. How much would it cost Disney to get Spider-Man completey?Billions...and Bribery?

One does wonders, how Laurene Powell Jobs's shares will affect the CEO race, considering she holds the most shares.

Comment

Richard Branson. Let the CFO handle the money ends of things. Let the COO handle the supply chain. Let CCO handle all things creative.

Comment

Working...
                            X