Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Jurassic World. Twice. Can't get enough of seeing the park actually open. Really liked the "Romancing the Stone" aspects of it, and the character with the old park t-shirt.

Was inspired to create an "Armchair Imagisauring" project because of it:

Dinosaurs: Wow Enough?

Comment

Inside Out. I loved it. May be in the running for one of my top 3 Pixar. Just incredibly intelligent and thoughtful representations of cognition and emotional concepts. Very touching and mature. It was a bit above my 6 year old, but my 9 year old thought it was great.

Johnny Tremaine. Before seeing Inside Out, I watched a few older Disney titles for the first time. I liked Johnny Tremaine a little better than Davey Crockett. Interesting characters and good performances for the elder Sons. The care in the details of reenacting the events leading to war was nice. Also, I love that the DVD includes the Walt Disney TV intros.

The Three Lives of Thomasina. Pretty good overall. It is a bit awkward at times because it would spend so much time on one storyline then shift suddenly to another, but each one on it's own works well and it all comes together in the end alright. I was really surprised by how weighty all the themes are yet at the same time still be down-to-earth with a lot of charm.

Now You See Him, Now You Don't
      . I don't remember laughing with the other two films in this series as much as I did for this one, so this is probably my favorite of the three.

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
      TOMORROWLAND...I LOVE the concept of it though and wish it was better fleshed out...I wonder if there's more to it that just wasn't provided...
      Yes, I felt it had so much more to say that it was able to. Hearing Brad Bird in interviews talk about the ideas that inspired the film is exciting, but then most of that inspiration just doesn't materialize.
      Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

McFarland, USA, Great Disney sports film, right up there with The Rookie. Great script for a formula true story, great direction, and one of Costner's best performances.

The Cat From Outer Space
        . Saw this in the theaters as a kid and something made me want to revisit it. It's one of those dumb films, didn't age well either, but can still be somewhat entertaining as long as you don't expect much. The actors have funny moments. The cat is actually pretty forgettable.

The Searchers. First time seeing a John Wayne movie. It's pretty epic. I was surprised by how dark and challenging it can be in in how it deals with race and racism. And what an angry and difficult character Wayne plays. It's a fantastic performance for sure, but the character is almost not really the hero. I think I need to see it again.

Comment

ANT-MAN -- ​I enjoyed it! It was exactly what it needed to be. And I'm ready to see him join the rest of the universe. Also.. COOL SUIT!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Ant-Man
            Jurassic World

Comment

FOXCATCHER -- I never stop movies in the middle. If I do, I start it back up the next day. Not with this one. I was just so bored by it I couldn't take it anymore. I know that the movie gets more interesting in the second half but i just lost all patience with it. Maybe another time I'll give the last hour a go but I won't sit through the first hour ever again.

Comment

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

Comment

• Caught quite a few films during the Christmas break. I'll just give them a short review and rating for quickness

Oz the Great and Powerful 2/5 - disappointing.

The Santa Clause 3 2/5 - not as good as the original.

The Rise of the Guardians 3/5 - clever concept, decent animation.

Star Wars Episode VIII The Force Awakens 5/5 - just wow. A return to form for Star Wars.

Tron 3/5 - better than I remembered.

Captain Ron 2/5 - cheesy but not a classic.

Tron Legacy 4/5 - even better than the last time I saw it.

The Rocketeer 5/5 - love it. An underrated classic.
                  sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                  Walt Disney

Comment

• STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS - Second round...and just as good as it was the first time.

UP- This is truly one of Pixar's best. Funny, adventurous, and sad all at the same time. I forgot how hilarious the scenes with Carl, Russel, Kevin and Dug were, and a great score by Michael Giacchino.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

• THE REVENANT -- Wow... this was amazing. I need to see some other nominees but this might win it.

Comment

• DEADPOOL -- Really enjoyed it! Not for kids but it was a lot of fun.

KUNG FU PANDA 3 -- If you like the first two, you'll like this one. Also a lot of fun.

KUNG FU PANDA -- Rewatched the original and it's probably the best of the three.

MAD MAX FURY ROAD -- Car Chase the movie! It's okay... decently entertaining. Has no chance at the Best Picture though.

Comment

• ZOOTOPIA- I really enjoyed this film.Great story, great characters, plenty to love.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

• "City of Gold"
                            It's now in theaters in limited release. L.A. Times food critic Jonathan Gold is the first food critic to win the Pulitzer Prize for criticism. In this documentary he takes movie goers to a diverse collection of his favorite restaurants around Los Angeles. It's a fantastic tour of L.A.!

My kid and I also REALLY liked "Zootopia"! It's the smartest entertaining movie I've seen in a while, and like the best Pixar and Miyazaki movies, it's as entertaining for adults as it is for kids.

Comment

• Finding Dory... Adorable, but the ending jumped the shark a bit for my tastes.

However, baby dory is worth the ticket alone.

Seeing PETs next... I usually have less luck with non Disney animated films, but it looks cute.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X