X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALIASd
    replied
    Re: 'Lincoln' Marches On

'Lincoln' received seven Drama nominations this morning, more than any other film, from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards held on January 13, 2013.

Nominations for the Disney release included Best Motion Picture, Best Actor - Daniel Day-Lewis, Best Actress in a Supprting Role- Sally Field, Best Actor in a Supporting Role -Tommy Lee Jones.

Steven Spielberg was recognized in the Best Director category along with Ben Affleck 'Argo', Kathryn Bigelow 'Zero Dark Thirty', Ang Lee 'Life of Pi', and Quetin Tarantino 'Django Unchained'.

Leave a comment:

• swampymarsh
    replied

Originally posted by clara View Post
    I just saw this comment on a Yahoo Article about Daniel Day-Lewis as Lincoln and how Oscar worthy his performance is:

"Daniel Day-Lewis deserves an Oscar just for breathing."

Very true but it made me giggle....
    He is great in this movie. Really the best part of this terribly long and slow movie.

Leave a comment:

• clara
    replied

I just saw this comment on a Yahoo Article about Daniel Day-Lewis as Lincoln and how Oscar worthy his performance is:

"Daniel Day-Lewis deserves an Oscar just for breathing."

Very true but it made me giggle....

Leave a comment:

• ALIASd
    replied

'Lincoln' continues to conect with adult audiences bringing in $13.5 million over the weekend, seeing it's domestic total rise to $83.7 million according to industry estimates.

Leave a comment:

• wiigirl
    replied

I wasn't going to see it, now I think i am.

Leave a comment:

• DisneylandTraveler
    replied

When I was at the movies yesterday there were large numbers of people in line to see Lincoln. Very encouraging. Think I will wait a week or two since I have an aversion to packed theaters but I am looking forward to seeing it. Interesting that EW describes Lincoln as a "Disney" movie which isn't completely accurate. Dreamworks makes the movie with several financing partners, Disney distributes the movie through their Touchstone division. Disney has no say so in what movies Spielberg and company make, the Disney contract is to just distribute Dreamworks movies that are produced. Disney only distributes the Dreamworks live action films. Dreamworks Animation is completely separate and not part of the Disney distribution deal.

Leave a comment:

• ALIASd
    started a topic 'Lincoln' Marches On

'Lincoln' Marches On

LincolnArgoWar Horse, which was less well-received, galloped all the way to $79.9 million over the holidays after a $7.5 million opening weekend. With awards season right around the corner, Lincoln could make it to $100 million with ease.
    Box office report: 'Breaking Dawn -- Part 2' just misses 'Twilight' record with $141.3M, 'Lincoln' expands successfully | Inside Movies | EW.com

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X