This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News L.A. greenlights Disney production facility

L.A. County greenlights Disney production facility near Santa Clarita - latimes.com
    Last edited by OC2Epcot; 08-27-2013, 06:39 PM.
    sigpic

Re: L.A. greenlights Disney production facility

Kind of sad the ranch is getting developed.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Overall it seems like a small section of the total property, but as it has been, mostly open land with a few buildings and sets. This will bring full sound stages and offices. I wonder if they will try to hide them in a corner of the property.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OC2Epcot View Post
        I wonder if they will try to hide them in a corner of the property.
        They will camouflage them by building them into a giant mountain range shaped like Cadillac tail fins.
        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Cool...too bad this was not open a few years ago...so I could have tried to get an internship or job there
          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Disney's Burbank property has always been too small. The film incentive / Hollywood defection issues aside, this is a brilliant and high use of that property. Having a bunch of open space on their P&L, making pennies per acre, is a poor use of the land.

Surprised they didn't do it before.

Warner Bros. has always had a hate-hate relationship with their "ranch" because of logistics when working between the main studio and the second property, which is only blocks away from the main gate. They've updated the Warner Bros Ranch to be more self-sufficient, and I suspect Disney took a page from this playbook.

Good choice.
            ~ Erik

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X