Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Team Sought Delay to 2016; Disney Adamant about 2015 Release

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Team Sought Delay to 2016; Disney Adamant about 2015 Release

What does this do to the quality of the film that will be released? STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Team Sought Delay to 2016; Disney Adamant about 2015 Release | Collider

Star Wars, bringing such a massive property to life is even more intense. One year ago, Disney announced that it had purchased Lucasfilmand was planning a new trilogy of Star Wars films, with Episode VII due for release in 2015. This January, J.J. Abrams was hired to direct the pic under the stewardship of producer Kathleen Kennedy.
    Official news on the Episode VII front has been scant in the ensuing months, and last week we learned that Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan were taking over scripting duties from Michael Arndt, thus hinting at a script that is very much still in flux. How can Episode VII still possibly be barreling towards a 2015 release date, then? It turns out the Star Wars team actually requested a delay to 2016, but was denied. Much more after the jump.
    While no official release date for Star Wars: Episode VII has been announced, Disney has reiterated over and over again that 2015 is the target date for the film. Reports have pegged an early 2014 production start-date in London, but with the script apparently going in a different direction and casting yet to be firmed up, that deadline looks to be cutting things very close.
    The folks over at THREpisode VII to 2016 in order to give them ample time to deliver a worthwhile effort, but Disney CEO

Another interesting tidbit gleaned from the THR piece is word that screenwriter Michael Arndt apparently penned a 40 to 50-page treatment of
    All this to say that the pressure is very much on for Episode VII to meet (or exceed) extremely high expectations, and all involved are working around the clock to bring the film to fruition. Whether the tension between Abrams and Kennedy is being exaggerated or is completely unfounded, the producer has plenty of experience working with very high-profile directors on very high-profile projects (Kennedy has been Star Wars: Episode VII before the holidays or after the New Year, assuming the early 2014 production start-date sticks.

Re: STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Team Sought Delay to 2016; Disney Adamant about 2015 Relea

Well, pressure could be both a good and bad thing.

Take Episode IV - Lucas made that under extreme duress.

Then, take the prequels - Lucas had time to breathe and actually sleep on that one.
    The list of Disney people I've encountered in my life: John Lasseter, Brad Bird, Lee Unkrich, Darla K Anderson, Eric Goldberg, Don Hahn, Peter Schneider, Burney Mattinson, John Musker, Ron Clements, Nik Ranieri, John Kahrs, Jeff Turley, Patrick Osbourne, Dave Bossert, Roy P Disney.

People I would love to meet in person: Glen Keane, Andreas Deja.

Comment

Re: STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Team Sought Delay to 2016; Disney Adamant about 2015 Relea

The important part - Lucas as consultant only - is out of the way. I'm willing to give the new round a shot based on that alone.

As to the rest, if it comes down to crisis time and real money is on the line for a certain launch date, that's gonna fall heavily on Abrams. If it's ready, it'll launch. If not, I'm pretty certain he's canny enough to arrange things so that the movie can't be shangheid and assembled in editing. If more time is needed, I'm pretty sure he can make sure it's there.
      Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X