Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DISCUSSION: What Disney franchises do you not care for?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DISCUSSION: What Disney franchises do you not care for?

Ok, I'm just having a friendly discussion and not trying to offend anybody. But since I've been soul-searching the last few months, what are some Disney franchises you simply don't care for?

I will start.

I don't care for Tron, Frozen, the Muppets, and Pirates of the Caribbean (sorry Johnny Depp).

Tron just isn't for me. It's all special effects and no story.

Frozen- Look, I didn't mind the movie...I just don't get why it's so liked. I didn't think it was that great.

The Muppets - Maybe if I was 5 or 6, but I never really cared for them all that much.

Pirates- The movies have gotten stale for me. The first was thrilling...after that, just trash.

What about you?

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Fun question! Love the peace disclaimer (unfortunately sometimes we get offended if someone doesn't like something and we take it as a personal insult.)

Winnie the Pooh. I just don't get it. It's cute enough on merch, but having actually tried to sit through actual content, like a movie, I can't say I understand the appeal, other than purely being cute. Which is very shallow for something of a Disney classic.

The Muppets. They don't feel Disney and with the exception of the critics and maybe miss piggy, I just don't find them funny, except in small doses. Kermit is a Mary Sue. Or Gary Stu, I suppose.

Brave; I dislike the canned and forced feminism. As if all the princesses (except Mulan) have no value as role models because they aren't "sporty". Strength comes from more than just physical prowess.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post
      Fun question! Love the peace disclaimer (unfortunately sometimes we get offended if someone doesn't like something and we take it as a personal insult.)

Winnie the Pooh. I just don't get it. It's cute enough on merch, but having actually tried to sit through actual content, like a movie, I can't say I understand the appeal, other than purely being cute. Which is very shallow for something of a Disney classic.

The Muppets. They don't feel Disney and with the exception of the critics and maybe miss piggy, I just don't find them funny, except in small doses. Kermit is a Mary Sue. Or Gary Stu, I suppose.

Brave; I dislike the canned and forced feminism. As if all the princesses (except Mulan) have no value as role models because they aren't "sporty". Strength comes from more than just physical prowess.

Absolutely. Not here to ever make people upset or hostile. I didn't know what I liked or disliked about the company until I did some soul-searching. I also forgot to mention I don't like Cars too.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

I enjoyed the puns in Cars (the sheer number is impressive), but it is one of the weakest of the Disney-Pixar stories. Carsland takes the the better parts (the landscapes and buildings).

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X