Tomorrowland film - Carousel of Progress footage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomorrowland film - Carousel of Progress footage

Those of you who followed the production of "Tomorrowland" surely remember updates following where film crews were .. in relation to the theme parks. DL's It's A Small World was used for scenes of the 1964 Worlds Fair version. But film crews were also spotted at WDW's Carousel of Progress. Surely to recreate a scene or two of CoP at the fair. So scenes were obviously filmed. But never made the final cut of the film. But surely were going to be in Deleted Scenes for the video release of the film.

Well .. I finally got a Bluray of the film .. But guess what? There is no Deleted Scene for Carousel of Progress in the Extras for the video AT ALL!

So ... I'd like to know what happened.

When young Frank was seen at the New York Worlds Fair ... I thought it would show a CGI recreation of the GE Progress Pavilion .. cut to close up scenes of the WDW version ... with young Frank boarding the ride,and taking a spin on it.

I'm disappointed to know the only known footage of the 1964 Worlds Fair is what we see in the film .. which isn't a lot.

Does anybody know anything ... why scenes filmed in CoP didn't even make it to Deleted Scenes for the DVD/Bluray?
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

The deleted scene shows the boy at the world fair getting off the bus and forwards to him inside COP just watching in aww and shows the main animatronic singing great big beautiful tomorrow, its about 12 sec long, not sure if its on the dvd or blu ray, i found it on the bonus features on my digital tomorrowland movie through disney movies anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC1986 View Post
      The deleted scene shows the boy at the world fair getting off the bus and forwards to him inside COP just watching in aww and shows the main animatronic singing great big beautiful tomorrow, its about 12 sec long, not sure if its on the dvd or blu ray, i found it on the bonus features on my digital tomorrowland movie through disney movies anywhere.
      Thank you MAC.

Disney never had this put on the DVD or Bluray. For whatever their (stupid) reasons were.

I kept digging and searching this subject ...
      I finally found out. I found the cut scene online. Like you said .. it's very short. I was hoping on a grand, sweeping view of a CGI recreated Progress Pavilion (as young Frank approaches the attraction). I figured - Since they spent 190 million making the film ... I thought .. Surely there would have been some better footage of the fair. But .. nah ........... just cuts directly to 2 intimate shots of Frank and the Father AA. With a theater full of extras dressed in 1964 clothing.
      MY SIGNATURE:
      Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Working...
      X