Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Bloomberg: Disney's Parks Chief Emerges as Contender to Succeed Iger

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    I think you're right about this, but I do reserve a little bit of hope that someone could come in (shareholder revolt, merger/acquisition, ???) and see that some original Disneyland's magic can be as big a selling point as anything they can get through acquisition of other media franchises.
    I agree. I've held the same hope for years, and still do. Iger's regime has been an extension of Eisner's in all essential aspects. Hopefully something will trigger the desire for the Company to get some fresh thinking into Burbank, Anaheim and Orlando. (To be seen if John's departure might be the catalyst.) It'll be an uphill battle, though -- the Eisner/Iger model has been so risk-free, and the Company is so risk-averse, anything new and fresh will be a hard sell.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

"I didn't know the story of baby Jesus could be any better,
    until Thor told it to me."
    -
    Young girl at Disneyland's 2017 Candlelight Ceremony

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

I agree. I've held the same hope for years, and still do. Iger's regime has been an extension of Eisner's in all essential aspects. Hopefully something will trigger the desire for the Company to get some fresh thinking into Burbank, Anaheim and Orlando. (To be seen if John's departure might be the catalyst.) It'll be an uphill battle, though -- the Eisner/Iger model has been so risk-free, and the Company is so risk-averse, anything new and fresh will be a hard sell.

I for NEW HOPE,
      After Eisner ,I keep telling myself ...things will get better, IGER regime was that hope.......
      "CRASH" my hope went down the drain .......IMO ........IGER is worst than EISNER !
      It's no way when we said "Disney" 3 or 4 decades ago we mean the same company today .........
      I find it very SAD !.........yep.....Company is so risk-averse, anything new and fresh would be a hard to sell.

Forgive me , if I still "TRY" to have new hope, for a new Disney ,Visionary company
      Last edited by Eagleman; 11-30-2017, 06:19 PM.
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

And then... there's this:

LA Times: Why James Murdoch could be angling for a top job at Disney

Could James Murdoch soon be in the running to succeed Robert Iger?

That's one of several intriguing scenarios that could be at play as talks between 21st Century Fox and Walt Disney Co. gain momentum, according to two executives close to the process who were not authorized to discuss the situation.

“It would be the craziest ending ever to the Bob Iger CEO sweepstakes,” said a third senior media executive who declined to be identified discussing 21st Century Fox’s asset sale. “Maybe dangling a job for James might be what it takes to get a deal done.”

Insiders and industry veterans say there are several reasons Disney has emerged as a front-runner in the auction for Fox’s Los Angeles-based entertainment assets. Such a large transaction — estimated at more than $60 billion — would entail a stock transfer that would enable press baron Rupert Murdoch and his family to become leading shareholders in the world’s most powerful entertainment brand, wielding influence for decades to come.

For Fox’s Chief Executive, James Murdoch, a deal might also lead to a plum role within the Disney organization at a time when Disney Chairman and Chief Executive Iger approaches his proposed 2019 retirement. Disney for years has sought a successor for Iger, whose contract has been extended three times since he became CEO in 2005.

Representatives of 21st Century Fox declined to comment. A spokesperson for Disney did not respond....

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
        Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
        imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

"I didn't know the story of baby Jesus could be any better,
        until Thor told it to me."
        -
        Young girl at Disneyland's 2017 Candlelight Ceremony

Comment

^Interesting. More news articles are saying the same thing, this sounds likes its legitimate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
            And then... there's this:

Could James Murdoch soon be in the running to succeed Robert Iger?

That's one of several intriguing scenarios that could be at play as talks between 21st Century Fox and Walt Disney Co. gain momentum, according to two executives close to the process who were not authorized to discuss the situation.

“It would be the craziest ending ever to the Bob Iger CEO sweepstakes,” said a third senior media executive who declined to be identified discussing 21st Century Fox’s asset sale. “Maybe dangling a job for James might be what it takes to get a deal done.”

Insiders and industry veterans say there are several reasons Disney has emerged as a front-runner in the auction for Fox’s Los Angeles-based entertainment assets. Such a large transaction — estimated at more than $60 billion — would entail a stock transfer that would enable press baron Rupert Murdoch and his family to become leading shareholders in the world’s most powerful entertainment brand, wielding influence for decades to come.

For Fox’s Chief Executive, James Murdoch, a deal might also lead to a plum role within the Disney organization at a time when Disney Chairman and Chief Executive Iger approaches his proposed 2019 retirement. Disney for years has sought a successor for Iger, whose contract has been extended three times since he became CEO in 2005.

Representatives of 21st Century Fox declined to comment. A spokesperson for Disney did not respond....

I seen this happen, with others Buyout / Meger ,It can Happen !
            James Murdoch can succeed Bob Iger.
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

This comment came from the - The Wall Street Journal

"James Murdoch has embraced—and even propelled—the idea of doing the deal, according to people familiar with his thinking. If a deal happens with Disney, James could wind up going to Disney in a senior role, setting him up as a potential candidate to succeed Mr. Iger, who has said he plans to retire in 2019, people close to the deal talks say."

I reading the same thing - all over in the investing reports
              Last edited by Eagleman; 12-06-2017, 06:10 PM.
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

At this point all we can say for sure is that nobody has any idea what is going on, haha. Speculation history: Staggs, then outside hire, then Chapek, then Murdoch, and now...

Disney Deal for Fox Assets May Mean Iger Stays Longer, WSJ Says

My vote is still for George Kalogridis! Loved when he was president of the DLR and from the looks of things he's managing WDW well also.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                  At this point all we can say for sure is that nobody has any idea what is going on, haha. Speculation history: Staggs, then outside hire, then Chapek, then Murdoch, and now...

Disney Deal for Fox Assets May Mean Iger Stays Longer, WSJ Says

My vote is still for George Kalogridis! Loved when he was president of the DLR and from the looks of things he's managing WDW well also.
                  I think George Kalogridis , would be great for leadership of Disney Parks and Resorts
                  But It just he not going be the person ,running the whole Disney Company!

The Disney Board are looking outside of the company...........IMO .......this can mean something if the Fox-assets , go all the way
                  with James Murdoch !

PS: we should know if there DEAL ,this week........this from the news
                  Last edited by Eagleman; 12-11-2017, 09:40 PM.
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X