X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Chapek the Biggest Iger Blunder

I am completely disgusted by Iger turning
    the reiigns over to Chapek. Does anyone else have the same opinion
    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Iger's biggest blunders were not perpetuating Walt's entire film library (or Walt's public persona) to new generations, suppressing films like Song of the South, buying Fox, pushing external IP onto Disneyland, rebranding the company aesthetics, the remakes of classics, and then this.

Comment

Disney deja vu?

Eisner made Pressler head of Disney Parks. Pressler slashed budgets and raised profits. For a time, he was touted as Eisner's successor. But he didn't make it.

Iger made Chapek head of Disney Parks. Chapek slashed budgets and raised profits. For a time, he was touted as Iger's successor. He made it...

...But for how long?
      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
      - Michael Eisner

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
        Disney deja vu?

Eisner made Pressler head of Disney Parks. Pressler slashed budgets and raised profits. For a time, he was touted as Eisner's successor. But he didn't make it.

Iger made Chapek head of Disney Parks. Chapek slashed budgets and raised profits. For a time, he was touted as Iger's successor. He made it...

...But for how long?
        Didn't Pressler cut safety standards too, though? Leading to deaths that probably invalidated any chance he'd ever have at a position like that? I don't think Chapek has done that yet, but I think there may be some precedence for your question of "how long?". This whole shake up feels so sudden and I've read that Iger didn't leave due to health issues or for anything in the political realm.. so maybe there is something behind the rumors that Iger foresaw a bad financial year for Disney coming up because of the Coronavirus, lack of major blockbusters, etc. and wanted to throw someone under the proverbial bus?

That person may be Chapek if that turns out to be true which, while certainly a scummy business tactic, wouldn't be entirely unwelcome if it means getting rid of him entirely. It might be why Iger seemed so relaxed during his interview regarding the matter yesterday and why Chapek looked uneasy. Maybe they both know what is going on.

Or maybe I'm wrong. Time will tell.
        "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
          Disney deja vu?

...But for how long?
          For how Long...........I agree with some posters
          that Chapek now CEO ,can it mean he also became the Fall Guy
          to a power play..........?...........
          IGER is still executive chairman until 2021

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X