Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scarlett Johansson Sues Disney Over Black Widow Release

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21

    Scarlett Johansson and Disney Settle ‘Black Widow’ Pay Lawsuit

    Variety
    September 30, 2021

    Scarlett Johansson and Disney have reached a settlement over her blockbuster lawsuit that accused the studio of sabotaging the theatrical release of “Black Widow” to prop up Disney Plus.

    Terms of the settlement were not disclosed. Johansson had sought a $50 million payout from the studio.

    “I am happy to have resolved our differences with Disney,” Johansson said in a statement on Thursday. “I’m incredibly proud of the work we’ve done together over the years and have greatly enjoyed my creative relationship with the team. I look forward to continuing our collaboration in years to come.”

    Alan Bergman, the chairman of Disney Studios Content, said he, too, was pleased to have resolved the dispute.

    “I’m very pleased that we have been able to come to a mutual agreement with Scarlett Johansson regarding ‘Black Widow,'” he said in a statement. “We appreciate her contributions to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and look forward to working together on a number of upcoming projects, including Disney’s ‘Tower of Terror.'”...


    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
    designed to appeal to everyone."

    - Walt Disney

    "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
    - Michael Eisner

    "It's very symbiotic."
    - Bob Chapek

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
      Scarlett Johansson and Disney Settle ‘Black Widow’ Pay Lawsuit

      Variety
      September 30, 2021

      Scarlett Johansson and Disney have reached a settlement over her blockbuster lawsuit that accused the studio of sabotaging the theatrical release of “Black Widow” to prop up Disney Plus.

      Terms of the settlement were not disclosed. Johansson had sought a $50 million payout from the studio.

      “I am happy to have resolved our differences with Disney,” Johansson said in a statement on Thursday. “I’m incredibly proud of the work we’ve done together over the years and have greatly enjoyed my creative relationship with the team. I look forward to continuing our collaboration in years to come.”

      Alan Bergman, the chairman of Disney Studios Content, said he, too, was pleased to have resolved the dispute.

      “I’m very pleased that we have been able to come to a mutual agreement with Scarlett Johansson regarding ‘Black Widow,'” he said in a statement. “We appreciate her contributions to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and look forward to working together on a number of upcoming projects, including Disney’s ‘Tower of Terror.'”...

      No mention of Chapek in the article... I also find it strange that Bob Iger joined Chapek for the premiere of Enchantment at WDW yesterday evening (a show that was received poorly).

      He's seeming extra absent at the moment.

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

        No mention of Chapek in the article... I also find it strange that Bob Iger joined Chapek for the premiere of Enchantment at WDW yesterday evening (a show that was received poorly).

        He's seeming extra absent at the moment.
        Maybe because ScarJo prevailed and now Disney owes her $40 Million:

        However, when all is said and done, the deal will run to more than $40 million, sources tell me. Accordingly, the funds will not be paid by Disney in a single lump sum, if you pick up the creative accounting I’m putting down.
        Yet, also, with terms like “misogynistic attack” fired off by the actor’s lawyer main lawyer John Berlinski back at Disney and the revealing of Johansson’s Black Widow pay check by Disney in the days and hours following the filing of the explosive suit, both sides were clearly looking for a solution ASAP – especially as the Bob Chapek-led media giant faced the prospect of extensive discovery in the legal face-off.

        Amidst the claims of Tinseltown wags that there was a black cloud between the current CEO and his predecessor Bob Iger, as well as Marvel chief Kevin Feige, about how the Johansson matter was being so roughly handled in and out of the public eye, Chapek made a point of addressing the spider in the room on an August 12 earnings call.
        With the exception of a couple of PR black eyes, the battle over Black Widow profits is over before it even really started

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

          No mention of Chapek in the article... I also find it strange that Bob Iger joined Chapek for the premiere of Enchantment at WDW yesterday evening (a show that was received poorly).

          He's seeming extra absent at the moment.
          Yep. Gotta wonder if Iger was working in the background on this one.

          Chapek and his execs act like newbies. They should have never let the issue fester to the point it went public.

          "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
          designed to appeal to everyone."

          - Walt Disney

          "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
          - Michael Eisner

          "It's very symbiotic."
          - Bob Chapek

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

            Yep. Gotta wonder if Iger was working in the background on this one.

            Chapek and his execs act like newbies. They should have never let the issue fester to the point it went public.
            It’s clear now that he’s being babysat. It’s one thing to make Wall Street’s numbers look good, it’s another to make the brand look like a cheap circus.

            Comment


            • #26
              Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
              It’s clear now that he’s being babysat. It’s one thing to make Wall Street’s numbers look good, it’s another to make the brand look like a cheap circus.
              And per today's Hollywood Reporter, he isn't even making Wall Street's numbers look good:

              "Many Hollywood stocks that lost ground in 2020 have enjoyed gains through the first three quarters of this year thanks to an advertising revenue rebound and the reopening of the economy after the coronavirus pandemic, including in the cinema sector.

              "But some big entertainment names are battling streaming- and deal-related overhangs that have left them below their 2020 closing prices as trading wrapped Friday, the first day of the final quarter of the year.

              "Take the Walt Disney’s stock, one of the big outperformers last year, which is down just under 1 percent year-to-date, as it ended Friday at $176.01 after closing out 2020 at $181.18 and trading above the $200 mark in March. The reason for a recent pullback: investor concerns about recent management commentary about lower-than-expected streaming subscriber growth."


              "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
              designed to appeal to everyone."

              - Walt Disney

              "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
              - Michael Eisner

              "It's very symbiotic."
              - Bob Chapek

              Comment

              Get Away Today Footer

              Collapse
              Working...
              X