This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand-Alone Star Wars movies: Young Han Solo and Boba Fett

Yesterday, Bob Iger confirmed that yes, there will be Star Wars movies outside of the core trilogy movies focusing on characters we already know. Today, the rumor is that one of these movies will focus on a Han Solo between Episodes III and IV, and another movie focusing on Boba Fett. Now, as a huge Star Wars nerd that can't get enough and knowing that after the prequels they can only go up, this has me super excited. And the people taking up the helm of these films know what exactly is at stake and they don't want to let us down.

Also, this seems to be the same winning formula Disney uses for the Marvel films. These well known characters get their own films and then celebrate with an Avengers movie, lather, repeat.

So, who is brave enough to take on the role of a young Han Solo? I'm going to elect Joseph Gordon Leavit. Yeah, he's in everything right now. But he's good. Damn good. And I feel like he's got the right amount of cocky and wit to pull a Han Solo. Or Josh Holloway of Lost fame. What do you think? Who do you want and what do you want out of these films?

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Re: Stand-Alone Star Wars movies: Young Han Solo and Boba Fett

I also read the a young Yoda, a youn Chewbacca and Jabba Da Hutt on his way to building his territory will be made.

Likely close to a movie a year with the stand alone films between the new 3 saga chapters.

Iger said a "few" of these stand alone films would be made but did not state what character would be in them. This news was released in a CNBC interview yesterday.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

I imagine the Jabba one would coincide with the young Solo one. Also, I like Yoda, but I don't think I could handle his speech pattern for two hours.

Click the banner! ^^^^
      Follow us on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzapants View Post
        Today, the rumor is that one of these movies will focus on a Han Solo between Episodes III and IV
        I think they should focus on Han Solo between Episodes V and VI. It could be two hours of staring at a block of ice.
        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

And here I was hoping for a standalone movie featuring Lando Calrissian during his intergalactic gambling/pimping years, when he still had the Millenium Falcon. They could've even had product placement with some Colt 45...

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzapants View Post
            I imagine the Jabba one would coincide with the young Solo one. Also, I like Yoda, but I don't think I could handle his speech pattern for two hours.
            Chewbacca would probably coincide with the Han Solo story too.
            And see a movie with Yoda story I would.
            sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Comment

An IG-88 or 2-1B movie would be so awesome!

I think Holloway would be a great choice for a Han Solo film. I can't wait to hear about more developments from these stand alone films. And I'll hold my breath for an Old Republic one.

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                I think they should focus on Han Solo between Episodes V and VI. It could be two hours of staring at a block of ice.
                CARBONITE! Come on, man!

A movie of all the bounty hunters from Empire Strikes Back would be awesome! Not just Boba and IG-88, but Bossk, Dengar, 4-LOM and Zuckus. Boy howdy!

Click the banner! ^^^^
                Follow us on Twitter

Comment

Do you guys think these should be movies about:

How the character was?
                  How the character came to be in the previous tales?
                  How the character goes on with the previous tale?
                  How the characters goes on speratate from the previous tale?

By which I mean stand alone stories before or after they were in Star Wars, or spin in/off?
                  Be Cool Stay in School!
                  Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

I'm on board with a Han Solo movie. You can lump a bunch of characters in that one. Chewie, Lando, Jabba, some bounty hunters. Even show him winning the Falcon!!!! The Yoda one though I m having a hard time coming up with what they could do with him for 2 hours. Even in those awful movies they made 10 years back or so I didn't really think Yoda was that great. I liked him in Empire by far the best.
                    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                    My company had a special night at the park
                    WdW trip report with WWoHP
                    NYE 2011 trip report
                    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                    Leap year 24 hour report
                    New DCA trip report
                    NYE 2012
                    HKDL trip report

Comment

Disney working on standalone Star Wars movies

Disney working on standalone Star Wars movies - SFGate

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzapants
                        So, who is brave enough to take on the role of a young Han Solo?
                        Ryan Gosling!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X