Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

This is not the star wars movie, you're looking for

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This is not the star wars movie, you're looking for

    THIS IS NOT THE STAR WARS MOVIE, YOU'RE LOOKING FOR

    OMG....that was one of the worst boring/lack luster SW movies I have ever seen. And at 2 1/2 freakin hours of literally 2 different scenes the whole time (the FO chasing the Resistance/ and that damn remote island Luke was kicking rocks on)...just straight up dumb. And I hate the freakin Rose character...OMG I cant stop thinking about how lame all the new characters are and Im sorry but Snook looks like a Harry Potter/Lord of the Rings stupid creature thats supposed to be all mighty...phew...whatever?? Not when we are accustomed to Darth Vader. The Emperor and Darth Maul, this guy was so lame, And Kylo Ren is such a b%%&& and a traitor. So sad that Im here talking crap about a movie franchise that I have feel in love and cherished for almost my entire life

  • #2
    Don't sugar-coat it; tell us how you really feel.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Right Down Broadway View Post
      Don't sugar-coat it; tell us how you really feel.
      LOL.... I know, Im sorry just still trying to process the whole movie (saw it last night). But man...what a disappointment. I have been a fan my entire life and I feel like now a days that just because a certain brand or title (i.e. Star Wars) that people automatically like/love everything that has to do with it. I feel its a cop out and Im truly saddened about what I just witnessed :-(

      Comment


      • #4
        Well, FWIW, my boys and I had a great time.

        As for the length, If I'm going to shell out that kind of dough for a movie, it damn well better last a long time!

        Comment


        • #5
          I was riveted the entire time. Thinking of seeing it again before it leaves the theaters. For me, a brilliant film! And I don't "automatically like everything that has to do with it". I also don't hold everything up for comparison with the past. Each stands alone.

          (Star Wars fan since '77)

          (Also, why did you post this in the Disneyland section? They're not showing it in park.......... yet.)

          Comment


          • #6
            Well, without throwing out any spoilers, I must admit that there were a few scenes and characters that didn't serve any purpose to the story. (submit Big Bang Theory episode on Indiana Jones)
            My wife is the rebel spy.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by YeaDZNY View Post

              I feel like now a days that just because a certain brand or title (i.e. Star Wars) that people automatically like/love everything that has to do with it.
              I always say it, and I'm sorry if this offends people but I think some people are behaving like Pavlov's dogs. The "brand name" ("Star Wars", "Jurassic" (Parks, Worlds), "Marvel", etc.) is the ringing dinner bell, and you know the rest.
              I haven't seen the new movie yet, but I'm planning to, probably some time after New Years. I'll see the same movie that everyone else is seeing now, but with a little elbow room. Actually, I'll probably see it next week since by then it'll already be considered an "old movie" the way things are going these days.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by emanon17 View Post
                I was riveted the entire time. Thinking of seeing it again before it leaves the theaters. For me, a brilliant film! And I don't "automatically like everything that has to do with it". I also don't hold everything up for comparison with the past. Each stands alone.

                (Star Wars fan since '77)

                (Also, why did you post this in the Disneyland section? They're not showing it in park.......... yet.)
                Yea I know, but at the same time, Disney is so Star Wars this and Star Wars that...that I felt it had to be said.

                Comment


                • #9
                  We saw it last weekend and we really enjoyed it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I enjoyed it. FWIW, I don't think it being a certain brand (SW) has anything to do with it, at least not in the Star Wars franchise. SW fans certainly proved they can dislike things (Ep 1-3).


                    SLIGHT SPOILER BELOW:







                    I thought the movie was fantastic. I was hit with all the feels pretty much any Carrie scene. "You go ahead, I've said it enough" But, to each their own!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 9oldmen View Post
                      I always say it, and I'm sorry if this offends people but I think some people are behaving like Pavlov's dogs. The "brand name" ("Star Wars", "Jurassic" (Parks, Worlds), "Marvel", etc.) is the ringing dinner bell, and you know the rest.
                      I haven't seen the new movie yet, but I'm planning to, probably some time after New Years. I'll see the same movie that everyone else is seeing now, but with a little elbow room. Actually, I'll probably see it next week since by then it'll already be considered an "old movie" the way things are going these days.
                      Yea good idea...as I waited outside in a queue for over an hr just to get a mediocre seat. And like most people who saw SW...I have a been a fan since I can remember and this was a straight gut punch to my beloved franchise
                      Last edited by YeaDZNY; 12-18-2017, 10:52 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JoFi View Post
                        I enjoyed it. FWIW, I don't think it being a certain brand (SW) has anything to do with it, at least not in the Star Wars franchise. SW fans certainly proved they can dislike things (Ep 1-3).


                        SLIGHT SPOILER BELOW:







                        I thought the movie was fantastic. I was hit with all the feels pretty much any Carrie scene. "You go ahead, I've said it enough" But, to each their own!
                        I do think it plays a role on why people like certain things more then others, because of the brand. Im just trying to get some insight from other SW fans as to why you liked this film...I just dont get it??

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by YeaDZNY View Post

                          I do think it plays a role on why people like certain things more then others, because of the brand. Im just trying to get some insight from other SW fans as to why you liked this film...I just dont get it??
                          Because its a great MOVIE.

                          In the same way you don't like it, I really enjoyed it.

                          What's there not to get? Are we not individuals?

                          (Just flipping to the other side of coin here)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by emanon17 View Post
                            I was riveted the entire time. Thinking of seeing it again before it leaves the theaters. For me, a brilliant film! And I don't "automatically like everything that has to do with it". I also don't hold everything up for comparison with the past. Each stands alone.

                            (Star Wars fan since '77)

                            (Also, why did you post this in the Disneyland section? They're not showing it in park.......... yet.)
                            How do you call this a "brilliant film" it was ravaged by a horrible story, lack luster characters and focused on the First Order waiting for the Resistance ship to run out of fuel...and that whole "Casino scene" was incredibly lame. Im just trying to understand how any true SW fan thinks this movie was even somewhat of a good movie?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by emanon17 View Post

                              Because its a great MOVIE.

                              In the same way you don't like it, I really enjoyed it.

                              What's there not to get? Are we not individuals?

                              (Just flipping to the other side of coin here)
                              LOL...I get your point!

                              Oh I get it...I just dont understand why other SW fans think this movie is even somewhat good...its right up there with Episodes 1-3

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                I agree the movie is too long. A number of scenes don’t move the story along at all. Examples being the planet with the gambling and when Ray falls in the water. If I was to guess, perhaps they are setting up some future movie plot line. There is probably a pretty good sub two hour movie in there someplace if it was edited better.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  What's not to like? Light sabers, X-wings, droids, exotic locales, beat-up machinery, narrow escapes, the Falcon, the Force, TIE fighters that sound like they're screaming...That's why SW fans like it (well, some).

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by YeaDZNY View Post

                                    I do think it plays a role on why people like certain things more then others, because of the brand. Im just trying to get some insight from other SW fans as to why you liked this film...I just dont get it??
                                    Those always a bit of "brand loyalty" in all fandoms, for sure. I just think the SW fandom has proven over and over again "they" in general, are not quick to react like Pavlov's dogs. They have been, and still are, quite vocal about their hatred toward episodes 1-3, and poor Jar Jar Binks in particular. So, in my opinion, the SW franchise hasn't been subject to the whole "it's Star Wars so I love it" thing.

                                    As for why I personally liked this movie - This article is pretty much how I feel about TLJ. Fair warning to others - Spoilers are within, as well as some sweary words - Be warned, those that click: http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2017...owly-cracking/

                                    I respect your hatred for the film, you're allowed to have your own opinion and feelings about it. I think this is a polarizing one, to be sure.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by JoFi View Post

                                      As for why I personally liked this movie - This article is pretty much how I feel about TLJ. Fair warning to others - Spoilers are within, as well as some sweary words - Be warned, those that click: http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2017...owly-cracking/.
                                      Fantastic article! Thank you for posting it. It's like he took the words out of my keyboard.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by YeaDZNY View Post

                                        I do think it plays a role on why people like certain things more then others, because of the brand. Im just trying to get some insight from other SW fans as to why you liked this film...I just dont get it??
                                        I was a kid when the first Star Wars movie debuted in theaters and have loved Star Wars ever since. Enough of a fan that I hung onto all of my Star Wars action figures from the late 70's/80s up until a couple of years ago, at which point I handed them over to my little nephew who loves Star Wars as much as I do.

                                        I really enjoyed this latest Star Wars movie. Some highlights/stuff that I liked:
                                        • Kylo Ren - still just as much a conflicted character in this movie as the 1st one. He's still battling it out with the inner demons in his psyche. Next to Darth Vader, he's my favorite villain. He's very powerful, but emotionally very out of control, which makes him almost more dangerous than Darth Vader in some ways.
                                        • Rey - is sort of like the Light side of the Force version of Kylo Ren. Potential to be very powerful, but is new at all this, untrained, and therefore dangerous & vulnerable.
                                        • Kylo Ren vs Rey - make a good team in terms of protagonist vs antagonist. LOVED the part where Kylo Ren killed Snoke, then Kylo Ren & Rey fought off the guards, and then shortly after that, Kylo Ren turned on Rey.
                                        • the porg birds & Chewbacca - entertaining & amusing, but not in a lame sort of way like Jar Jar Binks was. I like Chewbacca's acting because Chewie communicates a lot without saying anything. That takes a lot of skill to achieve.
                                        • Luke's journey throughout the film - I thought it was really well done. Like the Chewbacca actor, Mark Hamill says a lot without saying anything in certain scenes. That's pretty great movie magic in my opinion.
                                        • Leia - loved every part of the movie that had her in it. Leia is just as awesome as she was in the first 3 movies.
                                        • R2D2 - how he gave Luke some lip in 1 scene. Luke deserved it. It fit well in the movie and it was funny, but not over the top.
                                        • Finn vs Captain Phasma - I really liked their fight scene.
                                        • Benicio del Toro's character - I think he'll show up in the next movie. He's like a more grisly & surly Han Solo. Looking forward to seeing what they do with him.
                                        • Rose & Finn - Rose is kind of like Finn's external conscience. She improvises, tells him to suck it up when he needs to hear that, and reminds him why he's doing what he's doing. The 2 of them together remind me of Han Solo & Luke Skywalker together in the Death Star in Episode IV when they have the stormtrooper outfits on and they're trying to talk their way out of a jam with the Imperial forces.
                                        • Poe & Leia - Poe is a hot head/hot shot pilot and he's kind of cocky. I like him, but he's also a little irritating at the same time. LOVED how Leia put him in his place.

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X