Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo movie bombs

So now what?
    Jim in Merced CA - former cast member at Walt Disney World, Walt Disney Imagineering and Disneyland.

Originally posted by Jim in Merced CA View Post
    So now what?
    Lets make a new franchise that Disney can milk (like they do everything else - PotC films, Princess films, Tinkerbell Cheapquels, Etc) till people get sick of it!

I read - Some 6 Star Wars films in the last 28-29 months ......... or was it 5? People are having Star Wars Fatigue!

Anyway ....... No fear ... here comes SWL .... That will keep future generations interested in this franchise. OR MAYBE IT WON'T!

And then there's Marvel! There will come a time people get sick of them too.

It happens to all movie genres and individual IPs..........
    Look at the 20th century ........

Musicals ... Westerns ..... Annette Frankie Beach Party films ... Irwin Allen Disaster Films ... 1940s Noir .... Dirty Harry films ... Godfather ... Jaws, etc ....

They all take a dive eventually ........ ALL OF THEM!
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

As has been posted here before... if any corporation on Earth could take mega-popular franchises like Star Wars and Marvel, and kill them with overexposure, it would be Disney.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
      - Michael Eisner

Comment

This deserves a new thread in the DL section .... Is the Star Wars franchise showing signs of slowing down? Was devoting precious land in DL to a fading IP worth it? Last Jedi’s script left a lot of head scratching amongst fans including myself. Solo was so-so 🤣..... made execs go - uh-oh pull other Star Wars spin off films in development. Now here’s Rise of Skywalker ... the end of the Skywalker family films. And it is not the smash hit Disney surely wanted it to be. Reading Forbes magazine saying it won’t top Rogue One’s domestic box office, also states “Relatively speaking, the folks who wanted to see it did so in the first week and, sans any buzzy “gotta see it again” moments, opted not to go back.” After I saw it I have to say I’m in that same camp. I wanted to see Force Awakens and Rogue One again. Not the others! From what I see ... tv shows will continue going. I’m impressed with The Mandalorian. Despite a messily 8 episodes at around 30 minutes each. Obi Wan and Rogue One characters tv shows could be good. But on a much bigger scale ... looking at the whole franchise and getting perspective ... I see this franchise starting to shrink as this franchise is showing signs of fatigue, and audience more “niche” in size. One thing that is getting old is rehashes of the Empire, same characters making their way in one way or another. Yeah ... I’m talking to you Darth Vader. And stormtroopers. And the Millinium Falcon. The use of imagination... creating new situations with new worlds new ships seems to get hampered by using imagery audiences are FAMILIAR with. Mandalorian shows promise though. Despite a rehash of Yoda’s species. (40+ years and Lucas can’t give a name for the species?)

Point is ... both Star Wars 8 and 9 a bit of a disappointment. Not to mention Solo.

And then we have a new land on both coasts that got budget cuts because they think whatever momentum the franchise has in audiences hearts will be enough.

No matter how clever today’s Disney execs think they are ... they are not infallible. And make mistakes like any other human being. Howard Hughes as clever the world think he was had RKO fold before 1950’s closed. And Kirk Kerkorian led MGM down a path to near obscurity now.

This cow has been over milked enough. But they’ll kill it off. And I’ll just sit back and laugh at them all! 😆
        MY SIGNATURE:
        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
          This deserves a new thread in the DL section .... Is the Star Wars franchise showing signs of slowing down? Was devoting precious land in DL to a fading IP worth it? Last Jedi’s script left a lot of head scratching amongst fans including myself. Solo was so-so 🤣..... made execs go - uh-oh pull other Star Wars spin off films in development. Now here’s Rise of Skywalker ... the end of the Skywalker family films. And it is not the smash hit Disney surely wanted it to be. Reading Forbes magazine saying it won’t top Rogue One’s domestic box office, also states “Relatively speaking, the folks who wanted to see it did so in the first week and, sans any buzzy “gotta see it again” moments, opted not to go back.”
          Theaters or theme parks, "one and done" has been the growing response to Disney's version of Star Wars.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
          - Michael Eisner

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Theaters or theme parks, "one and done" has been the growing response to Disney's version of Star Wars.
            George wowed us in 1977 to a whole new “world” that was completely new to us. The imagination and creativity was there. The second trilogy though juvenile, did widen the scope with Corruscant, Naboo, new ships, etc.

The third though all feels like a weaker rehash of the first trilogy.

MY SIGNATURE:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X