Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

James Gunn REINSTATED as GOTG 3 Director

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Gunn REINSTATED as GOTG 3 Director

James Gunn will returned to direct Guardians Of the Galaxy 3, after being fired last year over re-surfaced crude tweets. Gunn had been signed on, to write and direct GOTG 3, with the 1st draft already finished, before his termination.

However, a consensus in Marvel and Hollywood was against the termination, with cast of GOTG speaking out on the firing, and director Taika Waiti refusing to take over as director.

There are 2 things to note here:

1. Gunn was fired by Disney's Film head, Alan Horn. And not by Bob Iger nor MCU head, Kevin Feige.

2. Despite GOTG 3 appearing to go into Development Hell, The Hollywood Reporter disclosed this:
    In the weeks after firing Gunn, there was speculation around town about who could replace the filmmaker, with agents lining up clients but by mid-fall, any perceived search seemed to have petered out, with many thinking that the project was on the back burner. What almost no one knew was that Marvel and Disney had never undertaken a search and had gone back to Gunn and made a deal ... in secret, according to insiders.
    This line does make me raise an eyebrow, as James Gunn was notably hired by Warner Bros/DC, to helm Suicide Squad 2. And this happened after he was fired.

Personally, I don't think he needed to be fired from the beginning. Disciplined by company, yes. But flat out termination, was a bit over the top.

Your thought?

I forgot to link the article.
    James Gunn has been rehired to direct Disney's 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.' He had been fired in July 2018.

Comment

Working...
    X