Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phase 4 Schedule OFFICIAL Lineup

Below is the schedule lineup with the MCU for 2020, 2021 and 2022. It should be noted that there will be 8 MCU Series that will be released exclusively on Disney+, 1 TV series scheduled for Hulu (Helstrom) and 1 final season of Agents of SHIELD for ABC. Updated on July 24th, 2020.

Helstrom Season 1 (Hulu Series) October 2020

Black Widow (Movie) November 6th, 2020

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+ Limited Series) Fall 2020

WandaVision (Disney+ Limited Series) December 2020

The Eternals (Movie)February 12th, 2021

Loki (Disney+ Limited Series) Early 2021

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (Movie)May 7th, 2021

What if...? Season 1 (Disney+ Animated Series) Mid 2021

Hawkeye (Disney+ Limited Series) Fall 2021

Untitled Spider-Man 3 (Movie) December 17th, 2021

Thor: Love and Thunder (Movie) February 18th, 2022

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Movie) March 25th, 2021

Black Panther 2 (Movie) May 6th, 2022

Captain Marvel 2 (Movie) July 8th, 2022

​​​Projects with Unknown Dates:
    Ant-Man 3
    (Movie)
    Blade (Movie) TBA
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (Movie)
    Moon Knight (Disney+ Limited Series) TBA
    Ms. Marvel (Disney+ Limited Series) TBA
    She-Hulk (Disney+ Limited Series) TBA

Canceled:
    Ghost Rider (Hulu Series) Originally scheduled for 2020.
    Cloak & Dagger (FreeForm Series) Canceled after 2 seasons.

Premiered:
    Runaways Season 3 (Hulu Series) On December 13, 2019

Agents of SHIELD Final Season (ABC Show)Final Season Currently Airing since May 27th, 2020
    Last edited by Spongeocto4; 07-24-2020, 01:57 AM.

Post has been updated to include the Blade Reboot and 3 more Disney+ Miniseries(Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Moon Knight).

Finally, with Sony's and Disney's split/dispute over Spider-Man, the intended third installment is listed under as "Status Unknown".

Comment

Thread has been updated to include Black Panther 2's May 2022 release. I also re-edited the thread, as the recently announced Disney+ shows were not clarified as Miniseries or a regular series.

Comment

Thread updated, as Marvel Studios and Sony agreed to a new deal over Spider-Man. The third entry will be released July 16, 2021. This also tenantively means that 2021 will be the 1st time that 4 MCU movies will be released in one year.

In addition, Spider-Man will also appear in one future Marvel Studios movie(AKA Disney film).

EDIT: Another update is needed. The Ghost Rider spin-off TV show has been scrapped. This would of been the Robbie Reyes version, who appeared in Agents of SHIELD.

In addition, Agents of SHIELD Final Season has been added.
        Last edited by Spongeocto4; 09-27-2019, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Post Update: According to Variety. Ant-Man 3 is officially going foward as Director Peyton Reed is scheduled to return.

The third installment was up in the air, as it was not mentioned in either Comic Con or D23 Expo.

Variety also reported the film for a possible 2022 release.
          Director Peyton Reed is sticking with the Marvel Cinematic Universe for 'Ant-Man 3.'

Comment

Recently Kevin Feige was quoted as saying the new heros debuting on Disney+ will be coming "towards the end of next year". This is a bit surprising, as they were previously left undated.
            At Brazil's CCXP, Kevin Feige revealed that Moon Knight, She Hulk and Ms. Marvel would hit Disney+ in the near future.

Comment

WandaVision's release date has been pushed up to 2020, after being scheduled for Early 2021. What the exact date is, remains unknown.

I have also moved Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, and She-Hulk to 'unlisted', as the shows have not been officially scheduled for next year, despite Feige's recent comment.

EDIT: The Falcon & the Winter Soldier is scheduled for August, while WandaVision is scheduled for December.
              Last edited by Spongeocto4; 02-04-2020, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Marvel Movies have been immediatelypushed back because of the Coronavirus. The changes are below:
                Disney announced a series of new
                release dates Friday that see several major date changes for Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Black Widow, which was to have opened in May but was delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic, will now take the November 6, 2020, slot originally occupied by The Eternals.

The Eternals, in turn, moves to Feb. 12, 2021, which was when Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings was to have opened. Shang-Chi now takes the May 7, 2021, date that had belonged to Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

The Doctor Strange sequel moves to Nov. 5, 2021, which bumps Thor: Love And Thunder to Feb. 28, 2022.

Black Panther 2 remains slated for May 8, 2022, while Captain Marvel 2 shifts ahead two weeks to July 8, 2022.
                Spiderman 3 is still scheduled for July 16th, 2021.Guardians 3 is still not scheduled, but was previously scheduled to start filming in June. Ant-Man 3 and Blade are also not scheduled yet.

Marvel TV has not announce any delays yet, but they are likely on the horizon. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Loki had their filming suspended, while WandaVision had already finished filming.

The original post will be updated soon.
                Last edited by Spongeocto4; 04-03-2020, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Forgot to post link!

Comment

Except for The Fantastic Four (who desperately need a reboot), earlier phases have used up all the Marvel characters I have any identification with or predetermined fondest for. I suppose there could be unpredicted surprises like Guardians of the Galaxy, but (having grown up on DC Comics) I have no high level of anticipation for characters in upcoming entries, and I'll miss the ones I identify with - like Steve Rogers/Cap.

Comment

Update: James Gunn has confirmed that production on GOTG 3 has not been delayed, despite the schedule shift. While the film still does not have an official release date yet, production was slated to begin this year.

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
                      ...and I'll miss the ones I identify with - like Steve Rogers/Cap.
                      The good news, is that even though Cap/Steve Rogers is out of fold, his legacy lives on. Based on the premise of The Falcon and the Winter Soilder, its sounds like a premise for 'Captain America 4', with Sam/Falcon taking over the mantle of Cap, and partnering with Bucky to take down Zemo again.

Comment

Agents of Shield's Final Season, has a premiere date for May 27th.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                          Agents of Shield's Final Season, has a premiere date for May 27th.
                          Can't wait!! My favorite TV show! Though are they even considered part of the MCU anymore? I read they deliberately chose to ignore the consequences of Infinity War to tell their own story.
                          Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by 3IAlienKid View Post
                            Can't wait!! My favorite TV show! Though are they even considered part of the MCU anymore? I read they deliberately chose to ignore the consequences of Infinity War to tell their own story.
                            I don't know. I will admit that I'm very behind on SHEILD.

In the past, Marvel Studios TV and Films divisions have had a bit of rocky past, despite them being connected in the MCU(AOS resurrects Coulson, Cap America 2 outs SHIELD as Hydra). The relationship did not improve when Iger gave executive film control to Kevin Feige, after Feige was nearly drove to quit from the antics of now defunct Marvel executive panel(which also oversaw TV).

With Marvel's TV Division officially being shut down, we can expect a shift back to the connected universe, as the Disney+ series are directly connected to the MCU.

Comment

Hooray more dates shift!

Sony officially delayed the Untitled Spiderman 3 to November 5th(4 months later), but that's not all!

Doctor Strange 2 got bumped back from Sony's decision to March 25th, 2022! For those keeping track, that means DS2 has been delayed twice in the span of 1 month.

The bright news is that Thor 4 has been pushed forward a week to February 18th, 2022!
                              After Sony Pictures announced it would be delaying the sequel to Tom Holland’s Spider-Man: Far From Home, Marvel Studios announced more shuffling of Marvel Cinematic Universe movies, including Doctor Strange and Thor.

Comment

This phase feels cursed

Disney has made the (expected) official decision to delay 'The Falcon and Winter Solider' to an unknown date this Fall. While the show had filmed 5 out of 6 episodes, production on the 6th and final episode was shut down mid-production episode, due to the Coronavirus Epidemic in March. Filming to set to resume next month.

In some positive news, Hulu's Helstrom will premiere this October.

Comment

It will all be worth it when we get the next Thor!!!

Comment

Cursed Again. Ok, mildly joking...

Because production on Tom Holland's next Sony film, the Uncharted Film Adaptation, was delayed, Sony decided to push Spiderman 3's release in response to December 17th. This also tentatively makes Spiderman 3, the 1st December MCU release!

Now one will wonder, if Disney will try to take back the November spot for Dr. Strange 2 or Thor 4, which are both scheduled for Early 2022.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X