Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Planned Maintenance

Our host has advised us that there will be an outage today (12/11/17) around 6PM PST. It should last no more than one hour.
2 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

'BRAVE' - MiceChat Reviews

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'BRAVE' - MiceChat Reviews

Disney Pixar's 13th film, 'Brave' opens in theatres on June 22, but first it makes a few stops:

June 18 World Premiere at The Dolby (formerly Kodak) Theatre in Hollywood

June 19 Gala Screening at Los Angeles Film Festival at Regal Cinemas at L.A. Live Downtown

June 19 CineEurope (European distributors trade show) in Barcelona

local screenings to follow...

5 Stars
    15.87%
    4 Stars
    50.79%
    3 Stars
    26.98%
    2 Stars
    4.76%
    1 Star
    1.59%
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: 'BRAVE' - MiceChat Reviews

Howdy Pards,

Well, after watchin' a trailer or two, I can honestly say that I'm kinda bitin' at the bit to see this one. It looks like Merida is mighty spirited...and I think we're in for a touch of Scottish magic and adventure as well!

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."
    sigpic

Comment

Actually there is an even earlier stop. It will be showing June 10th at the Seattle International Film Festival.

Brave | 2012 Seattle International Film Festival | Mark Andrews | Brenda Chapman | USA < Films

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
      Disney Pixar's 13th film, 'Brave' opens in theatres on June 22, but first it makes a few stops:

June 18 World Premiere at The Dolby (formerly Kodak) Theatre in Hollywood

June 19 Gala Screening at Los Angeles Film Festival at Regal Cinemas at L.A. Live Downtown

June 19 CineEurope (European distributors trade show) in Barcelona

local screenings to follow...

Comment

^cool, thanks!

More BRAVE news:

Special Event: "The Art of BRAVE" Artist Panel & Book-Signing

Saturday, June 23 Noon - 1PM Artist Panel 1 - 1:30PM Q&A 1:30 - 3PM Book-Signing

Featured Artists:
        Emma Coats - Storyboard Artist
        Paul Abadilla - Visual Development
        Jenny Lerew - Author of The Art of BRAVE

More to be added...

Nucleus Gallery 210 E. Main Street Alhambra 91801
        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Brave MiceChat Reviews

I was able to see a screening of this last night, so I thought I'd post a thread with a poll that is just for reviews, and doesn't have news or other info in it

I won't post spoilers unless people want them!

I wasn't too sure about this movie based on the previews, but I did enjoy it. It packs A LOT of emotions in... it had suspense, action, violence but also heart and humor... I did laugh and cry, and one time gasped out loud die to surprise.

Merida is a FABULOUS character. She definitely knows what she wants and won't be swayed by it. The chacters hat urrond her are pretty well written.

The scenery is outstanding, and I bet in 3D it will be even better.

There were some flaws, minor ones, and a few things that weren't to my taste but might not bother others.

I do recommend it!!
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Re: Brave MiceChat Reviews

Have to agree. We both liked it, but not our favorite Pixar film. A lot of heart and humor though, and Merida is a great character.

This is quite a worthy film and a welcome addition to the Pixar canon, but has some minor issues along the way.
            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Last night:

At the BRAVE wrap party (at a Castle in Napa)!
              https://twitter.com/BradBirdA113/sta...998592/photo/1

Comment

There was a preview screening last night in Newport @ Edwards Big Newport 6.
                Didn't see the Pizza Port truck. Guess I'll just have to see it again.

I really enjoyed the film. One of the darker (story wise) Pixar movies.

Comment

A friend of mine invited me to a preview screening for Disney/Pixar's "Brave" last night.

While I thought the film was visually stunning with amazing animation, I think this might be Pixar's first non-blockbuster film. For me, story is most important and while this movie had a good story, it wasn't the best.

Also, most films have a villain - Brave doesn't really have a villain. I didn't find myself rooting for Princess Merida. I just found myself sad for her mom.

There was also no catchy songs as it's not a musical.

The Pixar short "La Luna" on the other hand was so cute and enchanting people clapped after it played. I don't recall the audience clapping after Brave.

As a Disney shareholder, I hope that Brave goes on to sell tons at the box office, but I doubt it will. I also thought it was interesting that before the movie, they advertised the Scotland Adventures by Disney trip.

Comment

Here's the link to the review thread with poll: http://micechat.com/forums/movies/16...t-reviews.html
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Howdy Pards,

Ahhh...I saw the movie first thing this morning...and to me it's 5 stars and more all the way! If you loved Merida from the trailers, you will surely love her even more once you've seen her story...she is, indeed, a free and adventurous spirit and it is a joy to journey with her.

Pixar has done it again...in a big, big way. You'll find yourself wantin' to visit Scotland...to hop aboard a big Ol' Clydesdale like Angus and ride with the wind!

Tis a film about family...about growin' up...about an unbridled joy of life! I found tears rollin' down my cheeks for some reason or other during parts of the movie...you'll be laughin' out loud in other parts...even the witch is...well...kinda lovable. (by the way, stay till the very end of the credits).

It's a movie with action, adventure, humor, spirit, magic, and joy! A film about a mother and daughter...a film about family. A celebration!

I can't recommend this thing any higher...go see it...and you'll see what I mean...Merida
                      is now one of the great Disney/Pixar heroines...a spirited princess you are surely gonna love!

GO! Go see it as soon as you can!

Wild Ol' Dan
                      Last edited by Wild Ol' Dan; 06-22-2012, 04:50 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Howdy Pards,

Well, my gosh, I saw it this very morning, first thing...and I tell ya folks, I couldn't recommend the thing any higher! It's a spirited adventure...a celebration! It's filled with exciting adventure, laugh out loud comedy, stunning animation, delightful humor, magic, and fun! It's about growing up...it's about family...and I found every moment to be a shere delight. Even the witch is...well...kinda lovable!

You'll wanna move to Scotland, live in a castle, hop on the back of a big ol' Clydesdale like Angus and ride with the wind!

Disney/Pixar has done it again! Look for this one to make a TON of money at the box office!

If you loved Merida from the trailers, you are really gonna love her once you've seen her story!

So...what are ya waitin' fer? Go! Go see it as soon as you possibly can. And, oh, by the way, be sure to stay till the very end of the credits...

Wild Ol' Dan
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Ol' Dan View Post
                          Howdy Pards,

Ahhh...I saw the movie first thing this morning...and to me it's 5 stars and more all the way! If you loved Merida from the trailers, you will surely love her even more once you've seen her story...she is, indeed, a free and adventurous spirit and it is a joy to journey with her.

Pixar has done it again...in a big, big way. You'll find yourself wantin' to visit Scotland...to hop aboard a big Ol' Clydesdale like Angus and ride with the wind!

Tis a film about family...about growin' up...about an unbridled joy of life! I found tears rollin' down my cheeks for some reason or other during parts of the movie...you'll be laughin' out loud in other parts...even the witch is...well...kinda lovable. (by the way, stay till the very end of the credits).

It's a movie with action, adventure, humor, spirit, magic, and joy! A film about a mother and daughter...a film about family. A celebration!

I can't recommend this thing any higher...go see it...and you'll see what I mean...Merida
                          is now one of the great Disney/Pixar heroines...a spirited princess you are surely gonna love!

GO! Go see it as soon as you can!

Wild Ol' Dan
                          Dan, you summed it up perfectly.

Wonderful movie. I'm not sure why the mixed reviews though.
                          I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

I'm leaning between 3.5-4 stars so i just gave it 4.

Liked it but I wanted to love it. I think it feels a bit disjointed, characters not really fleshed out (besides merida and the queen), and not that much story to tell.

The movie isn't short at an hour forty, but it somehow feels short.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I gave it 3 stars.

I (and many of my animation friends as well) were actually rather disappointed with this one. We all wanted to love it but it never really came together by the end. The beginning was great, and really brought the mother/daughter dynamic to life, but the process by which they finally resolve the issue feels flat and inorganic. The flowy-language'd voiceovers that bookend the film and the constant repetition of the word "fate", to me, just seemed out of place and silly especially when I felt the story really wasn't about fate at all. And I hated the fact that Merida's totallyawesome archery skills didn't have any sort of spotlight or large role in the climax.

The visual artistry is top-rate, of course. Like everyone says, Merida's hair is pretty much a reason to see this movie in and of itself. But that's not the equivalent of a good story, and this story feels like something we've seen time and time again. Treading familiar ground can be done awesomely *cough*howtotrainyourdragon*cough*, but unfortunately this movie didn't reach that point.

This isn't to say I didn't enjoy watching the film. I've seen it twice already, so that should be some indication. It has plenty of fun moments. But I only liked it, I didn't love it, which unfortunately makes this my least favorite Pixar film. (Yes, I even loved Cars 2! Why does everyone else hate it so much? ;__; ) Come on Pixar, your first female protagonist deserves better than this!

In other news, La Luna is possibly my new MOST favorite Pixar short. Go figure.
                              Last edited by AcmePunched; 06-23-2012, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X