Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

COCO won Oscar for BEST ANIMATED MOVIE!!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News COCO won Oscar for BEST ANIMATED MOVIE!!!

....And they won best Song. I hope this means they will bring in more COCO to the parks. I hope they do something permanent or even a overlay for Halloween time. Such an epic moment for this film.

These films also won Oscars for best animated feature.

2004 Finding Nemo
    2005 Incredibles
    2008 Ratatouille
    2009 WALL-E
    2010 Up

2011 Toy Story 3
    2013 Brave
    2014 Frozen
    2015 Big Hero 6
    2016 Inside Out

2017 Zootopia

Indicates nothing is in the parks for these films (Merida is very, rarely out. So count her too)
    Last edited by Natalie Price; 03-05-2018, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Hooray for Coco! I didn't watch the Oscars, but I woke up with "Remember Me" in my head this morning anyway. Might have something to do with the fact that I watched the movie again last night.

Congratulations to everyone on the Coco crew: You all deserve credit for an amazing job. It's a beautiful film. And as far as bringing it to the DLR, I think it would be a great fit somewhere on the reimagined Pier, even if only for a seasonal overlay.

Comment

Coco would be an epic dark ride attraction! Imagine the colors!
        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
        My company had a special night at the park
        WdW trip report with WWoHP
        NYE 2011 trip report
        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
        Leap year 24 hour report
        New DCA trip report
        NYE 2012
        HKDL trip report

Comment

same writing duo who wrote "Let it go"....in other news Jimmy K must lurk here or some other site, he gave Kudos to Bob inger be happy about the new cash cow and Disney character Wrinkled Mark Hamill received the most recognition from a prank audience....a movie going audience that had no desire to see the Oscars but to watch Wrinkle....but did see their beloved Mark Hamill. isn't Disney just great!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post

2004 Finding Nemo
            2005 Incredibles
            2008 Ratatouille
            2009 WALL-E
            2010 Up

2011 Toy Story 3
            2013 Brave
            2014 Frozen
            2015 Big Hero 6
            2016 Inside Out

2017 Zootopia

Indicates nothing is in the parks for these films (Merida is very, rarely out. So count her too)
            Also, "Spirited Away" won in 2003. Also, both "Monsters Inc." and "Cars" lost in their respective years. Oscar win does not equal theme park attraction. It doesn't mean there won't be one, but the two have little to do with each other.

Comment

My hope for Coco is actually in Florida as I hope Coco takes over the Grand fiesta tour and that they gut the attraction and make it a full pirates/small world style boat ride complete with AA's and not just the screen mess that the attraction currently is. I am not sure in Disneyland but I agree it would make an epic dark ride.
              BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Sorry to disappoint you but...

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post

2016 Inside Out
                2017 Zootopia

There are no plans to increase the amount of merchandise for these films, but you will see a lot more Cars (winner of no academy awards!) merchandise because it sells a heck of a lot more. Same thing for anything Star Wars (only A new Hope won like 6 academy awards, but nothing every since), because...it SELLS! OMG!, people just can't get enough of that stuff, despite no star wars film ever winning an academy award since A New Hope.

The truth of the matter is, Disney will make what they know people will buy, not what was critically acclaimed by their peers in the industry.

Just heads up... World of Disney, as well as a few other stores in the parks, stopped selling Black Panther merch cuz it doesn't sell as well as everything else... yep... despite successful box office and critical acclaim. People just don't want Black Panther stuff as much as mickey/minnie plush/pixar stuff/etc.
                Last edited by reswob; 03-05-2018, 11:42 AM. Reason: Corrections

Comment

...well....A New Hope was a product of a film student from Modesto......the rest of the SW films were betting the ranch....and oh....a blonde in a T-Bird that received five Oscar nominations.

Comment

YEP....Disney have a new CASH COW ....to over kill !
                    Just trill - NOT !
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by laferney Road kid View Post
                      same writing duo who wrote "Let it go"....in other news Jimmy K must lurk here or some other site, he gave Kudos to Bob inger be happy about the new cash cow and Disney character Wrinkled Mark Hamill received the most recognition from a prank audience....a movie going audience that had no desire to see the Oscars but to watch Wrinkle....but did see their beloved Mark Hamill. isn't Disney just great!!!!!!
                      Kimmel works for ABC and, thus, Iger, so not shocking he'd give his boss a shout-out.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X