Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Unkrich leaves Pixar

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Lee Unkrich, who has been with PIXAR for 25 years and directed Toy Story 3 and Coco, has left the company:

On Friday, the filmmaker informed Pixar employees of his decision. "I'm not leaving to make films at another studio; instead, I look forward to spending much-needed time with my family and pursuing interests that have long been back-burnered," said Unkrich, 51, in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter.

Sources say the departure is amicable, with Unkrich leaving on a high note: Coco made over $807 million worldwide and won the best animated feature Academy Award at the 2018 Oscar ceremonies. He is said not to have started on any new projects.
    Not trying try to sound like a conspiracy nut, but I notice that, despite what he said in his statement, he isn't retiring. I have a feeling, that he is lined-up with another studio. Skydance, perhaps?
    Lee Unkrich, the Oscar-winning director behind 'Toy Story 3' and 'Coco,' is leaving Pixar Animation Studios. The move marks an end of era as Unkrich has been at the Emeryville, California-based studio for 25 years.

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X