Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

Originally posted by CJSFan View Post
    Good pic of the HMS Surprise as the HMS Providence(it's nice to see they're filming out in open sea). GREAT pic of Captain Jack, mate :captain:.

As Captain Jack himself said to Beckett in Pirates 3:"You may kill me, but you may never insult me :captain:." And don't worry, it's not as big as any NEW Pirates 4 news, but it'll be a good surprise (believe me).

You know that it's the HMS Surprise and that it's going to play a British ship named the HMS Providence, right ? I just had to ask, in case you didn't know(and if you did not know that...you do now ).

Believe me, it won't be as good as Pirates 4 news, but you'll all love my surprise .

Great pics of the Brits on the Providence(it's nice seeing it close up). And GREAT pics of a real good look of the construction of the QAR(which is kind of exciting, considering we're seeing the transformation of the Sunset: from the Black Pearl to the Queen Anne's Revenge :captain. I can't wait to see how both of those ships work in Pirates 4(especially the QAR, considering it was Blackbeard's REAL ship ). And Pirates 4 is confirmed to take place around the 1750s, ye say(well, at least it makes the "films taking place sometime in the 1720s-1750s" info, from Pirates Wiki, accurate ) ).

EVERYONE,
    I just have to tell you this one thing about my surprise(mostly because I forgot to mention it yesterday...sorry :blush. Here's one more thing you need to know about the surprise:
    It does indeed include a video, one that all of you I hope have watched(but I'm still not saying what it is inch.

There, now you all have about 4(now 5), clues on what the surprise may be, And don't worry, you'll all love this surprise when I unveil it in a few weeks, on an unknown EXACT date (mostly because it is for a special occasion, you'll see). And I hope you guys will love it(even though Pirates 4 news are a WHOLE lot better).
    CJSFan,
    Now you have me wondering what this surprise is, that you have for us!:lol:. I wonder what it could possibly be?. If it includes a video of something involving Pirates 4, i bet it's going to be something good!:thumbup::yea:, right?. Also, i'm guessing that since you said you were going to show us this "Surprise" in a few weeks, i would assume that, that means you're probably going to show us it in about "2 weeks" , right?.
    Captain Jack Sparrow: Marina!.....Please Don't!

Comment

Originally posted by Angelica Teach View Post
      Hey guys I know this is pretty pathetic news-wise but I saw this on my google alerts and couldn't help but laugh: TV and Film Sector Now Use Floor Protectors from Trio Plus. At least now we know what floor-protector they'll be using on the sets! :lol:

Edit:

Okay, now for some REAL news. I just found this on my google alerts: Pirates of the Caribbean #4 set at Falls lake - Nothing Dies With Blue Skies

Double Edit:

Wow, just went to DeppHeads and found loads of new goodies. First here's a link this page with A TON of photos (you have to scroll down a bit to get to them though):
      http://www.lost-forum.com/showthread.php?p=270168746

Also these pics from LA:

There was also a link to this website http://www.universalextras.co.uk that had this bit of info about casting:

I thought this was particularly interesting because it seems to confirm that OST is set somewhere in the 1750s.
      Thank you for those websites and photos Angelica Teach! :captain:

CJSFan, so part of it is a video that we might have seen? Hmmm... I wonder what the video and surprise could be...
      If adventure has a name, it must be Indiana Jones ... and Disneyland

Comment

Originally posted by Sean B View Post
        CJSFan,
        Now you have me wondering what this surprise is, that you have for us!:lol:. I wonder what it could possibly be?. If it includes a video of something involving Pirates 4, i bet it's going to be something good!:thumbup::yea:, right?. Also, i'm guessing that since you said you were going to show us this "Surprise" in a few weeks, i would assume that, that means you're probably going to show us it in about "2 weeks" , right?.
        Well, the surprise will be a video(and the other stuff I said about what the surprise will be like )), but it won't be a NEW video, it'll be a video that I hope everyone here has seen before(if not, then it'll be a COMPLETE surprise, because I'll be surprised if no one here has seen it :lol. But I'm not going to reveal more than that(because you know, it wouldn't be a surprise ). But I have a very good reason for doing this little surprise(because as I said, it'll be a celebration of sorts). Ok, NOW I'm not going to reveal more than that :lol:. Don't worry, I think you guys will all love my surprise AND the video that's in it(since hopefully, you all have seen it before). But as for how long until I unveil my surprise, I cannot reveal inch:. I'm sorry, but all I can say is that it'll be a few weeks(otherwise, you all might figure it out before the big day :lmao. But I'm sure you'll all love it, mostly because it's about the OCCASION for me to post the video(instead of the video itself ).

Originally posted by DisneyIndy7 View Post
        CJSFan, so part of it is a video that we might have seen? Hmmm... I wonder what the video and surprise could be...
        DisneyIndy7,
        Yes, part of the surprise will include a video that hopefully everyone has seen. But even if we have seen it, I have a very good reason for it(but I will say my reason when I unveil the surprise). All I can say for now(about the occasion for the surprise), is that it is a celebration of sorts. And expect the surprise to come in a few weeks(sorry, I can't reveal an EXACT date, without spoiling the surprise TOO early :lol.
        Last edited by CJSFan; 08-24-2010, 07:10 PM.

Captain Jack Sparrow: "Now...Bring me that horizon."
        My Userpage at POTC Wiki

Comment

Well, the surprise will be a video(and the other stuff I said about what the surprise will be like )), but it won't be a NEW video, it'll be a video that I hope everyone here has seen before(if not, then it'll be a COMPLETE surprise, because I'll be surprised if no one here has seen it :lol. But I'm not going to reveal more than that(because you know, it wouldn't be a surprise ). But I have a very good reason for doing this little surprise(because as I said, it'll be a celebration of sorts). Ok, NOW I'm not going to reveal more than that :lol:. Don't worry, I think you guys will all love my surprise AND the video that's in it(since hopefully, you all have seen it before). But as for how long until I unveil my surprise, I cannot reveal inch:. I'm sorry, but all I can say is that it'll be a few weeks(otherwise, you all might figure it out before the big day :lmao. But I'm sure you'll all love it, mostly because it's about the OCCASION for me to post the video(instead of the video itself ).

DisneyIndy7,
          Yes, part of the surprise will include a video that hopefully everyone has seen. But even if we have seen it, I have a very good reason for it(but I will say my reason when I unveil the surprise). All I can say for now(about the occasion for the surprise), is that it is a celebration of sorts. And expect the surprise to come in a few weeks(sorry, I can't reveal an EXACT date, without spoiling the surprise TOO early :lol.

Wow, I can't wait to see what your planning . I wonder what the special occasion is....
          Team Angelica

Ruthless con artist, master of disguises, the perfect pirate.

Comment

Wow, I can't wait to see what your planning . I wonder what the special occasion is....
            It'll be in a few weeks, luv (but I'm not saying EXACTLY how many weeks :lol.

My Userpage at POTC Wiki

Comment

DisneyIndy7,

CJSFan,
              I will be sure to keep my eyes open on here, for the video you said you are going to post on here soon!. By the way, what about hints?, could you give us all some very small hints about the video, that you're going to post on here soon?, or would that possibly ruin the surprise?.

Comment

CJSFan,
                I will be sure to keep my eyes open on here, for the video you said you are going to post on here soon!. By the way, what about hints?, could you give us all some very small hints about the video, that you're going to post on here soon?, or would that possibly ruin the surprise?.
                I'm sorry, but the only hint I can tell you about the video in my "surprise", is that it's a video that you most likely have seen before. Sorry, mate, but if I reveal any more details, then it would possibly spoil the surprise itself. But, don't worry, in a few weeks(which I'm not going to reveal the exact date), I'll unveil my surprise and hopefully you'll love what I have in store(to celebrate about ).

My Userpage at POTC Wiki

Comment

I'm sorry, but the only hint I can tell you about the video in my "surprise", is that it's a video that you most likely have seen before. Sorry, mate, but if I reveal any more details, then it would possibly spoil the surprise itself. But, don't worry, in a few weeks(which I'm not going to reveal the exact date), I'll unveil my surprise and hopefully you'll love what I have in store(to celebrate about ).
                  Oh, okay . Are you going to post it on here when that time comes?.

Comment

This just in via Twitter.

Originally posted by @BruckheimerJB
                    PIRATES shooting nights @ Universal. bumper to bumper traffic on way. The Black Pearl could've got us there faster sailing the long way

1. Disneyland 1997;
                    2. Disneyland Resort 2008; 3. Hong Kong Disneyland 2009; 4. Disneyland Resort 2009; 5. Disneyland Resort 2010; 6. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2011; 7. Disney Cruise Lines 2011 - Disney Dream; 8. Disneyland Resort 2011; 9. Disneyland Resort 2012; 10. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2012; 11. Disney Cruise Lines 2012 - Disney Fantasy; ?. Tokyo Disney Resort; ?. Disneyland Paris

Comment

Originally posted by rya86n View Post

Thanks for sharing, rya86n. I have a feeling it's very telling that he specifically mentioned "The Black Pearl".
                      Team Angelica

Comment

Thanks for sharing, rya86n. I have a feeling it's very telling that he specifically mentioned "The Black Pearl".
                        Angelica Teach,
                        Why would he call it as "The Black Pearl", when they already re-built it as the "The Queen Anne's Revenge"?. Did they re-build the Black Pearl or something, and no one has told us yet?. Or was Jerry Bruckheimer talking about a Barge, that'll be used in Pirates 4 as the Black Pearl, to add Special Effects/Visual Effects in later on it, after they filmed Pirates 4 in Post-Production?.

Comment

Angelica Teach,
                          Why would he call it as "The Black Pearl", when they already re-built it as the "The Queen Anne's Revenge"?. Did they re-build the Black Pearl or something, and no one has told us yet?. Or was Jerry Bruckheimer talking about a Barge, that'll be used in Pirates 4 as the Black Pearl, to add Special Effects/Visual Effects in later on it, after they filmed Pirates 4 in Post-Production?.
                          Sean,

I'm not one hundred percent sure what he meant exactly, just that I think he might have been hinting at the presence of the Pearl in this movie (which has been called into question, understandably, though I've heard that the chances are good it will appear). I think that, since we only just found out about the Providence, which looks to be important considering it's the British soldiers' ship AND Barbossa is on it, that just because we haven't seen whatever it is that might play the Pearl yet doesn't mean we won't soon. I personally think it will be a barge like in movie 1, but again we have to wait and see.
                          Team Angelica

Comment

Originally posted by rya86n View Post
                            Thanks for sharing rya86n! :captain:
                            If adventure has a name, it must be Indiana Jones ... and Disneyland

Comment

Sean,

I'm not one hundred percent sure what he meant exactly, just that I think he might have been hinting at the presence of the Pearl in this movie (which has been called into question, understandably, though I've heard that the chances are good it will appear). I think that, since we only just found out about the Providence, which looks to be important considering it's the British soldiers' ship AND Barbossa is on it, that just because we haven't seen whatever it is that might play the Pearl yet doesn't mean we won't soon. I personally think it will be a barge like in movie 1, but again we have to wait and see.
                              Oh!, so what we might see in Pirates 4 for the Black Pearl, will be like what they did in Pirates 1 with a barge!. That sounds good " I guess" ,because what we saw in Pirates 1 as the Black Pearl, did seem very very convincing as a "real ship" like it seemed as in the previous three movies!:thumbup:, even though the last two movies didn't even use a barge either all the time or never did, which i'm not 100% percent sure how many ways they did it in Pirates 2 and Pirates 3. I bet Barbossa is trying to become someone of a higher authority in Pirates 4, because of what we've seen him wearing in the recent video and pictures we've seen with him in them!. Also, i just found two new short articles from the website called www.JohnnyDepp-Zone.com THE JOHNNY DEPP ZONE , that are titled as "Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides films at Universal Studios", and another new short article on there that is titled as "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides to film in Puerto Rico in October", that i thought maybe you'd like to check out on there, if you're interested!, if you have not already seen them yet!.

Comment

Guys Bruckheimer was simply referring to the fact that the Black Pearl is the fastest ship in the Caribbean (within the POTC verse; yes in real life, behind the scenes, the Pearl was transformed to the QAR - a nice way to save on production costs)

Dont overlook it too much, even in my own experiences I know peak hour at Universal City is a bottleneck.
                                Logically thinking aside, I would be happy to see the Pearl in the new film, but I also understand stroy wise, why it would have no place in the new film.

1. Disneyland 1997;
                                2. Disneyland Resort 2008; 3. Hong Kong Disneyland 2009; 4. Disneyland Resort 2009; 5. Disneyland Resort 2010; 6. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2011; 7. Disney Cruise Lines 2011 - Disney Dream; 8. Disneyland Resort 2011; 9. Disneyland Resort 2012; 10. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2012; 11. Disney Cruise Lines 2012 - Disney Fantasy; ?. Tokyo Disney Resort; ?. Disneyland Paris

Comment

Working...
                                X