Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

Originally posted by king arthur View Post
    the new pirates movie sounds like it should be a good one. the first three were good
    FINALLY:yea:!!!! Someone in the forums(beside the people who I already talk to:whistling), agrees with Pirates being GOOD:judgerather than harshly judging it to be BAD)!!!!

Captain Jack Sparrow: "Now...Bring me that horizon."
    My Userpage at POTC Wiki

Comment

Originally posted by king arthur View Post
      the new pirates movie sounds like it should be a good one. the first three were good
      Yeap!, that is so true! :lol:.
      Captain Jack Sparrow: Marina!.....Please Don't!

Comment

[QUOTE=Angelica Teach;1056073767] CJSFan,

I'm so glad you came!!!! (it wouldn't have been the same without our pirate guru)!!!! Glad you like the new place....

I'm glad to be here(it wouldn't be the same without my crew of POTC fans:captain!!! And this place is better, because it's a better place to talk about POTC4(without people being rude), we can talk freely(about Pirates 4), and the fact that THESE smiles:yea: are better than the other ones(if you know what I mean).

My Userpage at POTC Wiki

Comment

I guess I can see why some people dont like the 3rd movie because it did start to get a bit crazy haha but I still enjoyed it. But what I really dont get is how people dont like the first two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially number 1, it was so so sooooo good.

I think the problem I had with 3 was that they tried to go a bit too epic, thats not to say I didnt enjoy it though!

Here are my thoughts on 'On Stranger Tides'

1. A decent director! When Gore Verbinski said that he wouldnt direct anymore I must admit I was a little worried about who would step up, but Rob Marshall has an awesome resume so things are looking good!

2. Smaller Budget: Some of you may be thinking that I may have gone a little mad but hear me out haha. Jerry Bruckheimer said that the budget for this movie will be around the same as the first film, which means they had to scale down some of the scenes. This is good because it will hopefully mean this movie will be another great character piece like the first rather than a special effects extravaganza with no soul.

3. Johnny Depp and Geoffrey Rush are back!!! Oh and Ian Mcshane playing Blackbeard = PURE GENIUS!!!

Only possible negative

Penelope Cruz: Even though she is very beautiful I have never been a massive fan of her as an actress, but I guess time will tell if she is good here

Comment

[quote=CJSFan;1056074190]
            Originally posted by Angelica Teach View Post
            CJSFan,

I'm so glad you came!!!! (it wouldn't have been the same without our pirate guru)!!!! Glad you like the new place....

I'm glad to be here(it wouldn't be the same without my crew of POTC fans:captain!!! And this place is better, because it's a better place to talk about POTC4(without people being rude), we can talk freely(about Pirates 4), and the fact that THESE smiles:yea: are better than the other ones(if you know what I mean).
            Can I join your crew of POTC lovers pleeeeeeeease!!! )

Comment

Ok, since all my crew of POTC fans are here, I have to ask all of you something right now(while this question is still in my head). Alright, I'm trying to decide what my avatar should be, well, technically I do have that jolly roger, but that was temporary until my final decision(but it's hard to decide, BOTH avatars are GOOD). And so my question is:
              Should I rather keep that jolly roger as my avatar OR use this picture(in the link below), as my avatar?
              http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...k_D23_Expo.jpg

I could've picked but it's SO hard to pick(mostly because both have something to do with Captain Jack). So, pick which avatar is best for your "Pirate Guru"(or PGuru), who is a HUGE fan of Captain Jack Sparrow(obviously).

My Userpage at POTC Wiki

Comment

[quote=SBS;1056074193]
                Originally posted by CJSFan View Post

Can I join your crew of POTC lovers pleeeeeeeease!!! )
                Sure, the more the merrier:captain:. You can also help me with picking my new avatar(look in my previous post).

My Userpage at POTC Wiki

Comment

Hmmm it sure is a tough one!! While I think Jack Sparrow is awesome, the Jolly Roger is original so I think I will say The Jolly Roger!

Comment

I like the Captain Jack Sparrow one...

Comment

Ok, we have a tie(for now):thumbup:. But I shall let my crew of POTC fans(Sean, Angelica Teach, and kkapp11), vote before I make my decision(otherwise, I probably think it wouldn't be fair to my loyal crew:captain.

My Userpage at POTC Wiki

Comment

Originally posted by CJSFan View Post
                        Ok, since all my crew of POTC fans are here, I have to ask all of you something right now(while this question is still in my head). Alright, I'm trying to decide what my avatar should be, well, technically I do have that jolly roger, but that was temporary until my final decision(but it's hard to decide, BOTH avatars are GOOD). And so my question is:
                        Should I rather keep that jolly roger as my avatar OR use this picture(in the link below), as my avatar?
                        http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...k_D23_Expo.jpg

I could've picked but it's SO hard to pick(mostly because both have something to do with Captain Jack). So, pick which avatar is best for your "Pirate Guru"(or PGuru), who is a HUGE fan of Captain Jack Sparrow(obviously).

I have an idea...why not use one as your avatar and put the other one in your signature, that way you technically don't have to choose? On the other hand, if you only want to have one, then I would have to vote for the actual pic of Captain Jack, mostly because (a) it's Captain Jack Sparrow luv, savvy? and (b) it's such a unique picture of him because its from a personal appearance rather than a scene from one of the movies. That's just my 2 cents.

Oh and by the way you are so right the smiley selection here is AWESOME!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
                        Last edited by Angelica Teach; 06-26-2010, 11:00 PM.
                        Team Angelica

Ruthless con artist, master of disguises, the perfect pirate.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelica Teach View Post
                          I have an idea...why not use one as your avatar and put the other one in your signature, that way you technically don't have to choose? On the other hand, if you only want to have one, then I would have to vote for the actual pic of Captain Jack, mostly because (a) it's Captain Jack Sparrow luv, savvy? and (b) it's such a unique picture of him because its from a personal appearance rather than a scene from one of the movies. That's just my 2 cents.

Oh and by the way you are so right the smiley selection here is AWESOME!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
                          Thanks for the idea(it is a good one), but I'd rather just have one image. That, and when I previewed it(each separately), BOTH pics filled up the page(but thanks for helping out).

And now that I have your vote, I just have to wait for Sean and kkapp11's vote on the avatar(I just can't leave without them:mob.

My Userpage at POTC Wiki

Comment

PGURU, I am soooo glad we are all here...I DO think we have all arrived at a very special PLACE! I always love to look at Jack, but I'll place my vote for the Jolly Roger...His turned up face watching the sparrow is unique, and I love IT! By the way, what is the difference between the Jolly Roger and Billy Bones?
                            Last edited by kkapp11; 06-27-2010, 03:29 AM. Reason: omission
                            Jack Sparrow: [to Weatherby Swann] I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically.

Comment

Okay SeanB, what say you? Of course, PGuru, the final choice should be yours, but thanks for allowing our input.
                              Is there no new pics from JB? And no news leaks? I love getting just a little news... even the pics with Johnny heading out on a helicoper ride with his family after fathers day were pretty neat....
                              Well, so Jack contracted a STD....hmmm, not a good sign, haha, I had never heard that 'bout the red mark...that is probably very typical of the times he lived in....and for it too be included in the story is funny (to me), Maybe it is at a stage that is affecting his mind some, thus we get some of his unbalanced behavior.
                              Jack Sparrow: [to Weatherby Swann] I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically.

Comment

Originally posted by kkapp11 View Post
                                PGURU, I am soooo glad we are all here...I DO think we have all arrived at a very special PLACE! I always love to look at Jack, but I'll place my vote for the Jolly Roger...His turned up face watching the sparrow is unique, and I love IT! By the way, what is the difference between the Jolly Roger and Billy Bones?
                                Thank you for your vote(now, I have to wait for Sean's vote). And I agree, this IS a very special place, eh:captain:? And as for the differences between the Jolly Roger and Billy Bones, they are quite different(from what I know).
                                The Jolly Roger is a flag(the ones with skulls and crossbones), and from what I've read, there is a villain named Jolly Roger in the online game "Pirates of the Caribbean Online"(I'm not a big fan of the game, but by the look of the commercials, he does seem like a cool bad guy in the game). If you want more info about both look in here:
                                http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/Jolly_Roger
                                http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/Jolly_Roger_(flag)

And Billy Bones, well, from what I know, he's a character in the novel Treasure Island(and the films and stuff). Other than that, I don't know much about them.

My Userpage at POTC Wiki

Comment

Okay SeanB, what say you? Of course, PGuru, the final choice should be yours, but thanks for allowing our input.
                                  Is there no new pics from JB? And no news leaks? I love getting just a little news... even the pics with Johnny heading out on a helicoper ride with his family after fathers day were pretty neat....
                                  Well, so Jack contracted a STD....hmmm, not a good sign, haha, I had never heard that 'bout the red mark...that is probably very typical of the times he lived in....and for it too be included in the story is funny (to me), Maybe it is at a stage that is affecting his mind some, thus we get some of his unbalanced behavior.
                                  Hi kkapp I too have been waiting for more pics from the pirates set!! I'm a but frustrated because Jerry Bruckheimer said that he would be updating his twitter with them very often but there havnt been any for about a week arrrrgh!!! haha

Comment

You're welcome. And actually, I like both, but it's such a HARD decision(because they BOTH involve Captain Jack). One pic is of Captain Jack himself, and the jolly roger is Captain Jack's OFFICIAL jolly roger(as seen at the end of Pirates 3). So, depends, I may pick, I may not. But hopefully, the avatar that is finalized(by me), is adored by all. But first, I shall wait until Sean's vote(mostly because it wouldn't be fair that you all have voted and he didn't, if you know what I mean).

Sadly, from what I've looked at(JB's Twitter and Facebook), I could NOT find any new pics(I wished that he would hurry though, I wanna see pics SO bad:beg. And NO WAY, you saw NEW pics of Johnny?! Where on earth did you find them:waaI desperately need to see Johnny in some shape or form, at least AFTER the filming of the Tourist)?

Well, so Jack contracted a STD....hmmm, not a good sign, haha, I had never heard that 'bout the red mark...that is probably very typical of the times he lived in....and for it too be included in the story is funny (to me), Maybe it is at a stage that is affecting his mind some, thus we get some of his unbalanced behavior. [/QUOTE]
                                    I dunno how it happened(I've read that Johnny was joking about it being having that disease). And hopefully, it won't cause him to die...again(I mean, it was great for Pirates 2, but to die in NEWER Pirates films would just make it too weird, if you know what I mean).

My Userpage at POTC Wiki

Comment

I think Disney named the Pirate skull that talks to you on the dvd (? or when you visit the POTC Disney site..on the site you could change his hat, hair, eye patch and such) , Billy Bones, do you remember him? That is why I asked about the difference...I didn't know the history and I just assumed they were skeleton/skull of decorative use, with names.
                                      Last edited by kkapp11; 06-27-2010, 05:26 AM. Reason: error

Comment

I think Disney named the Pirate skull that talks to you on the dvd (? or when you visit the POTC Disney site..on the site you could change his hat, hair, eye patch and such) , Billy Bones, do you remember him? That is why I asked about the difference...I didn't know the history and I just assumed they were skeleton/skull of decorative use, with names.
                                        The skull from the POTC stuff(the skull with cross swords, torches, and bones), was named "Billy Bones"? I did not know that.

My Userpage at POTC Wiki

Comment

CJSFan,
                                          I think the Avatar image you have now, is one you should use for the forums on here, and the other one would probably good for the other thing you mentioned using that one for, meaning the one of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow on it, that you have.
                                          Captain Jack Sparrow: Marina!.....Please Don't!

Comment

Working...
                                          X