Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

Originally posted by CJSFan View Post
    Guys,
    I know where they're shooting next(once they're done with Kauai). Although it seems silly to say now, but they're going to film in Oahu next(I know, it's not very that far now is it? :lol. Here's what Kevin McNally said on his Facebook:
    "Well, let's see what Oahu has to offer. Nice change of pace. From the garden isle to a bustling Metropolis."

Well, there you have it: the cast and crew of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" is going to Oahu to film next(although by the look of his status, I say they're probably in Oahu NOW, or at least on their way).
    CJSFan,
    Thank you for that update on the filming of Pirates 4 . I hope we get to see images of them filming there, or more for that matter, if there are images that just got released that we have yet to find!. I'm so happy that things for Pirates 4 are moving along so nicely, with out any delays, because this means that that the theatrical release date wont be changed to a later date luckily!.
    Captain Jack Sparrow: Marina!.....Please Don't!

Comment

Originally posted by Angelica Teach View Post
      Well, I actually happen to be a HUGE HUGE TWI-HARD myself (I'm actually kind of obsessed with it). I know that from a male perspective, the films must look like there's little action and nothing but kissy cootie stuff but if you actually watch the movies, there's a fair amount of action interspersed throughout all of them (especially in the last one, Eclipse, which was in my opinion the best film in the saga so far). Of course, in all the Twilight books/movies the action does unquestionably play second fiddle to all the romance, I don't deny that. However, I think that's a big part of its allure to the female fanbase: it doesn't rely on big-a** action sequences to draw in an audience (unlike a lot of movies out there, let's face it). Rather, it's biggest draws are the complexities of the characters and the dynamics between them (in fact of all the men I know who like Twilight, they all say its the interesting characters that keep them hooked) and the intensity of the love that Edward has for average, clumsy Bella (again though, you'd have to be a HUMONGOUS romance lover to really appreciate that aspect of it, which let's face it, not too many guys are). Also I know Stephenie Meyer doesn't follow the legends, but sometimes I think its interesesting to see a new "twist" to the old myths and such to keep things fresh and original (I mean how many times can you see the same thing rehashed over and over again?). Oh, and she kind of explains the whole "werewolf" thing in book four: see the werewolves in Twilight aren't really traditional werewolves (although those apparently exist in Meyer's world as well, and they DO depend on the full moon). The werewolves Bella discovers are actually "shapeshifters" that just happen to turn into wolves (so she isn't really messing with that myth that much). Anyway like I said, you'd probably have to enjoy romance movies to be able to appreciate something that's more love story than action, so with "Twilight" it all really boils down to personal taste (and generally speaking, far more women than men like movies/books that are more love story than action). So, my attiude towards the whole thing is that I understand if someone just can't get into it, but if I and a lot of other girls out there can get something positive out of it, what's wrong with that, right?????
      Yeah, you're right about that, because obviously, some people aren't Pirate fans(hence, why we are here, if you know what I mean). And don't worry, I'm not saying that the films are bad "in all", but it has a few things that don't add up. I'm guessing the reason I hate it is because of all the girls drooling over Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner(no offense, I just get jealous when girls around my age act all crazy about them). But then, I think that I shouldn't talk that much(since I'm a Die-hard Pirates fan). But as some Pirate haters should be, I shouldn't talk rudely about Twilight(because I know how it feels like when someone mocks on something that you would like, if you know what I mean). But unfortunately(until I see the films myself), I'm entitled to my opinion(but I'm not going to be rude about it like most people).

Captain Jack Sparrow: "Now...Bring me that horizon."
      My Userpage at POTC Wiki

Comment

I had a feeling they weren't finished in Hawaii. From what I read it looked as if the bulk of the movie will be shot there. I wonder how long they're going to be in Oahu?
        If I had to guess, maybe a month. Because they started filming for Pirates 4 about a month ago in Kauai, and now they're in Kauai(that's how I figured that it might be a month). And if it works like that, it may be a month or two for each filming location(if I had to guess, but I'm not certain on that).

My Userpage at POTC Wiki

Comment

Yeah, you're right about that, because obviously, some people aren't Pirate fans(hence, why we are here, if you know what I mean). And don't worry, I'm not saying that the films are bad "in all", but it has a few things that don't add up. I'm guessing the reason I hate it is because of all the girls drooling over Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner(no offense, I just get jealous when girls around my age act all crazy about them). But then, I think that I shouldn't talk that much(since I'm a Die-hard Pirates fan). But as some Pirate haters should be, I shouldn't talk rudely about Twilight(because I know how it feels like when someone mocks on something that you would like, if you know what I mean). But unfortunately(until I see the films myself), I'm entitled to my opinion(but I'm not going to be rude about it like most people).
          ) My male cousin doesn't like it for the exact same reason :lol::lol:, and even I have to admit that all the girls fussing over RPatzz and Tay Laut all the time is grating (I mean they're just regular guys, it's not like one's ACTUALLY a vampire and the other a werewolf ). Still tho, I really appreciate you not being all "teasing" about it, because, well, I'm REALLY REALLY into the stories (let's just say I dressed up as one of the characters for the midnight premiere of the last movie : yes I know I'm a big girly nerd, I can't help it ).
          Team Angelica

Ruthless con artist, master of disguises, the perfect pirate.

Comment

) My male cousin doesn't like it for the exact same reason :lol::lol:, and even I have to admit that all the girls fussing over RPatzz and Tay Laut all the time is grating (I mean they're just regular guys, it's not like one's ACTUALLY a vampire and the other a werewolf ). Still tho, I really appreciate you not being all "teasing" about it, because, well, I'm REALLY REALLY into the stories (let's just say I dressed up as one of the characters for the midnight premiere of the last movie : yes I know I'm a big girly nerd, I can't help it ).
            You're welcome(because since you're a Die-hard fan I'm not going to go overboard with it or anything, but I do express my opinions about it). And don't worry(about the nerd thing), I'm the same thing about Pirates, except I haven't done the dress up as characters for the midnight premieres(although I'm thinking about doing it for Pirates 4). And I'll admit, if girls didn't fuss so much about RPatzz and Tay Laut, then I would actually like the films(again, not trying to be mean about it or any). Because I too, like great stories(the stories for many movies, especially the POTC movies, were AWESOME), but if girls fuss WAY too much about one of the leads, I might not like it as much(although Will Turner is an exception, because in Pirates 1-3, his character was ok, but his stories over, so I'm ok with POTC, if you know what I mean). But as far as love stories mix with action goes, I'm looking forward into seeing Captain Jack and Angelica in Pirates 4.

My Userpage at POTC Wiki

Comment

You're welcome(because since you're a Die-hard fan I'm not going to go overboard with it or anything, but I do express my opinions about it). And don't worry(about the nerd thing), I'm the same thing about Pirates, except I haven't done the dress up as characters for the midnight premieres(although I'm thinking about doing it for Pirates 4). And I'll admit, if girls didn't fuss so much about RPatzz and Tay Laut, then I would actually like the films(again, not trying to be mean about it or any). Because I too, like great stories(the stories for many movies, especially the POTC movies, were AWESOME), but if girls fuss WAY too much about one of the leads, I might not like it as much(although Will Turner is an exception, because in Pirates 1-3, his character was ok, but his stories over, so I'm ok with POTC, if you know what I mean). But as far as love stories mix with action goes, I'm looking forward into seeing Captain Jack and Angelica in Pirates 4.
              I'm actually that way about most things, where if girls fuss over one of the male leads too much I just can't get into it (like the Jonas Bros. and High School Musical, for instance). "Twilight" actually happens to be like the ONE exception to my rule (again tho its purely because of the really interesting characters and the stories: I'm not fall-on-my-face gaga over Robert Patinson or Taylor Lautner ). And, big surprise, I'm planning on dressing up for the midnight premiere of OST myself (I of course, will be going as Angelica, whatever her costume may wind up being ). I'd imagine that if you did dress up, you'd be going as good ol' Captain Jack, right CaptainJackSparrowFan????????
              Team Angelica

Comment

I'm actually that way about most things, where if girls fuss over one of the male leads too much I just can't get into it (like the Jonas Bros. and High School Musical, for instance). "Twilight" actually happens to be like the ONE exception to my rule (again tho its purely because of the really interesting characters and the stories: I'm not fall-on-my-face gaga over Robert Patinson or Taylor Lautner ).
                Thank you, I'm sorry if what I'm about to say offends you, but I wish that some girls can be like that(not drooling over the Jo Bros, High School Musical and Rob Patz and Tay Laut). I'm not saying that they shouldn't do it, I'm just saying that they shouldn't make such a big deal about it(if you know what I mean).

And, big surprise, I'm planning on dressing up for the midnight premiere of OST myself (I of course, will be going as Angelica, whatever her costume may wind up being ). I'd imagine that if you did dress up, you'd be going as good ol' Captain Jack, right CaptainJackSparrowFan????????
                Oh, dear...how did I know(sarcastically), that you'd be Angelica for the OST premiere:loldon't worry, I'm just joking, I would understand that you would want to dress up as Angelica, we haven't seen much of her, but she seems like a cool woman character)? And yeah, if I decide to dress up for the midnight premiere, I would be Captain Jack, I just need to get all the costumes props and stuff together(I'm trying to look as much like Jack as possible, but without spending a FORTUNE, if you know what I mean). So far, I only have the hat and the compass. And right now, I'm having an eye on the wig, sword and pistol. Unfortunatedly for the weapons, I'm wanting to get the plastic weapons for the costume(I would want to goof around with the weapons, but I wanna keep it safe). Speaking of which, do you know if plastic weapons(like plastic swords and pistols), are allowed in the midnight movie premieres(I know that they obviously don't allow real weapons, but I don't know if they have a crazy rule about plastic ones). But if I can afford it, I'm going to try and get the costume as REAL as possible but without having to spend a fortune(because I saw one costume that looks PERFECT, but it cost around $1300, and no way I can get the money for it in the next 9-10 months). So, if I get a Captain Jack costume, it'll look a little like the real thing, but it won't look EXACTLY like it(if you know what I mean). Although I'm determined to at least get a replica of the wig(because the wigs made by Disney aren't realistic looking, in my opinion). But I found one that is PERFECT(I just need the money for it).

My Userpage at POTC Wiki

Comment

Well in my experiences I've NEVER encountered problems getting plastic weapons into movie premieres. Of course I was careful to make sure that any plastic guns I had LOOKED fake enough (otherwise the ushers might get suspicious).
                  Team Angelica

Comment

Well in my experiences I've NEVER encountered problems getting plastic weapons into movie premieres. Of course I was careful to make sure that any plastic guns I had LOOKED fake enough (otherwise the ushers might get suspicious).
                    Well, that's ok, because the pistol I'm using(as Jack's pistol), is like a toy gun(I know sad isn't it). But hey, I'd rather have a fake gun than a real gun(if you know what I mean).

My Userpage at POTC Wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Sean B View Post
                      SBS,
                      I also read on the internet that the Pirates 4 Teaser Trailer is going to premier when Tron Legacy gets released to theaters, but i actually "read" about it on the internet, i didn't actually "hear" about it though. Isn't that what you ment to say, that the trailer is going to premier on that day that Tron Legacy gets released to theaters on December 17th, 2010 Friday?, if so, Yes i "read" about that on a website, about a "Teaser Trailer" coming in December 2010 for Pirates 4, most likely on December 17th, 2010 Friday, when Tron Legacy gets released to movie theaters.
                      Yeah I read about it on the net also, sorry if that wasnt clear haha.

My two cents on the whole twilight thing, (sorry if this offends anyone especially Angelica, its just my review on the situation), I think there could have been alot of potential with the films in the Twilight Saga. I'm a guy and heck I like a good romance movie once in a while there dosnt always have to be action involved but and this is a BIG but it has to be handled well.

Ok so the books arnt the greatest piece of classical fiction ever to be written but with the kind of popularity that they have the films needed to have a heck of alot more thrown at them. When I saw the first one at the cinema I thought it looked like I was watching a direct to DVD movie, the quality of the picture was awful (I think its because of the cameras they used), and the script was rather shocking. I'm always a firm believer in the fact that an actor is only as good as their script. I dont get why people say Kristen Stuart is an awful actress?!?! Check out Adventureland forgoodness sake haha. Also Robert Patterson was pretty decent in Goblet of fire so we know he has some talent or at least acting skills. But these films are making these somewhat decent actors into robots and its all because of the script. Taylor Lautner in my opinion is a lost cause haha, he seems to be one of those models turned "actors" who probably isnt going to go very far after this series.

In my opinion it all boils down to one thing.... MONEY! Thats right once again its money which has probably ruined a francise. Of course in the producers minds the francise isnt ruined because its making millions but thats because Twihards will pay money to see anything twilight related. I mean its been ruined because it will not stand the test of time. Harry Potter was picked up by Warner Bros. Which is a MASSIVE studio and they throw hundreds of millions of dollars at each installment and it shows in the quality of the filmaking. Harry Potter gets is a critical success as well as a finacial one. When Twilight is the exact opposite.

My final thoughts on Twilight? For me the story in the films and the backgrounds of werewolfs and vampires dosnt bother me nor does the lack of action. Its the scriptwriting, Acting and movie making quality that annoys me and its just a shame that it could have been something waaaaay more than it is.

Once again sorry if thats offended anyone but I hope you can see where I'm coming from.

Ok so back to Pirates haha

I have no doubt that Johnny loves playing Captain Jack I mean heck the character is his legacy now and it's probably going to be the character people will remember him by 60, 70 maybe even 100 years down the track. I just find it a tad fishy that his asking price practically doubled when it came to the 4th movie. I just find it awful that they have blown 50 million dollars of the budget just to pay one guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really really hope he gives alot of it to charity.

Comment

Originally posted by SBS View Post
                        Yeah I read about it on the net also, sorry if that wasnt clear haha.

My two cents on the whole twilight thing, (sorry if this offends anyone especially Angelica, its just my review on the situation), I think there could have been alot of potential with the films in the Twilight Saga. I'm a guy and heck I like a good romance movie once in a while there dosnt always have to be action involved but and this is a BIG but it has to be handled well.

Ok so the books arnt the greatest piece of classical fiction ever to be written but with the kind of popularity that they have the films needed to have a heck of alot more thrown at them. When I saw the first one at the cinema I thought it looked like I was watching a direct to DVD movie, the quality of the picture was awful (I think its because of the cameras they used), and the script was rather shocking. I'm always a firm believer in the fact that an actor is only as good as their script. I dont get why people say Kristen Stuart is an awful actress?!?! Check out Adventureland forgoodness sake haha. Also Robert Patterson was pretty decent in Goblet of fire so we know he has some talent or at least acting skills. But these films are making these somewhat decent actors into robots and its all because of the script. Taylor Lautner in my opinion is a lost cause haha, he seems to be one of those models turned "actors" who probably isnt going to go very far after this series.

In my opinion it all boils down to one thing.... MONEY! Thats right once again its money which has probably ruined a francise. Of course in the producers minds the francise isnt ruined because its making millions but thats because Twihards will pay money to see anything twilight related. I mean its been ruined because it will not stand the test of time. Harry Potter was picked up by Warner Bros. Which is a MASSIVE studio and they throw hundreds of millions of dollars at each installment and it shows in the quality of the filmaking. Harry Potter gets is a critical success as well as a finacial one. When Twilight is the exact opposite.

My final thoughts on Twilight? For me the story in the films and the backgrounds of werewolfs and vampires dosnt bother me nor does the lack of action. Its the scriptwriting, Acting and movie making quality that annoys me and its just a shame that it could have been something waaaaay more than it is.

Once again sorry if thats offended anyone but I hope you can see where I'm coming from.

Ok so back to Pirates haha

I have no doubt that Johnny loves playing Captain Jack I mean heck the character is his legacy now and it's probably going to be the character people will remember him by 60, 70 maybe even 100 years down the track. I just find it a tad fishy that his asking price practically doubled when it came to the 4th movie. I just find it awful that they have blown 50 million dollars of the budget just to pay one guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really really hope he gives alot of it to charity.

Well actually "Harry Potter" has gotten its fair share of criticism (especially the 1, 2, and 4 film). Not that I'm bashing "Harry Potter" or anything (although I'm personally not a fan), I get why people are into it, but like with "Twilight" it doesn't suit everybody's tastes. Also, the first "Twilight" was intentionally shot as an indie flick with a low budget so that's probably why the picture looked "different" than mainstream flicks. Anyway like I said, it all boils down to personal taste. I think the actors do just fine portraying the awkwardness and uncertainty that mark their characters in the books but other people may see that differently...I have a cousin who doesn't like the casting choice for Edward (she thinks RPat is ugly) so there's really no accounting for taste... What I would say tho is that actors today get paid WAY too much money...25 million for the Twilight guys, 50 million for Johnny...I mean don't get me wrong I admire Johnny and the Twi guys a lot and I know shooting a movie isn't exactly easy but when you consider all the people suffering in this economy, getting offered that much money by studio execs for playing make-believe is REALLY excessive.
                        Last edited by Angelica Teach; 07-10-2010, 06:28 PM.
                        Team Angelica

Comment

Guys,

I've just found ANOTHER filming location for Pirates 4(revealed in Jerry Bruckheimer's Twitter). Here's what JB wrote:
                          "Some truly amazing locations in Hawaii I think you will enjoy in Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides."

And it came with THIS image, here's the link(I hope you will all like it):
                          Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter

I think that it's a filming location in Oahu(considering I they're supposedly filming there NOW, considering that Kevin McNally implied in his FB status that they're in Oahu now). So, what do you all think of this update?

My Userpage at POTC Wiki

Comment

Guys,

I've just found ANOTHER filming location for Pirates 4(revealed in Jerry Bruckheimer's Twitter). Here's what JB wrote:
                            "Some truly amazing locations in Hawaii I think you will enjoy in Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides."

I think that it's a filming location in Oahu(considering I they're supposedly filming there NOW, considering that Kevin McNally implied in his FB status that they're in Oahu now). So, what do you all think of this update?
                            CJSFan,
                            I saw that new image earlier today!. I think it looks cool, every time he releases new images of filming locations and other stuff, that he he's posting on there, the images get better and better every time!. I can't wait to see more of them, and the ones soon, of the main actors and actresses starring in Pirates 4 !.
                            Captain Jack Sparrow: Marina!.....Please Don't!

Comment

Guys,

That is truly one beautiful island. So far I'm really loving all the spots they're choosing to use in the movie: I can't wait to see how they work into the film.
                              Team Angelica

Comment

Originally posted by Sean B View Post
                                CJSFan,
                                I saw that new image earlier today!. I think it looks cool, every time he releases new images of filming locations and other stuff, that he he's posting on there, the images get better and better every time!. I can't wait to see more of them, and the ones soon, of the main actors and actresses starring in Pirates 4 !.
                                I agree with that entirely:thumbup:!!! And by getting photos with the main actors and actresses, I agree with that also. Although, I hope the photos are DIFFERENT than the ones that have already been revealed(Johnny Depp as Captain Jack and Kevin McNally as Mr. Gibbs). Like I wanna see photos of Angelica(because her character sounds interesting, so I would like to see what she looks like), Blackbeard(because he's a REAL legendary pirate, and costume and makeup is bound to look exciting to see), AND of course the mermaids(because I'll bet POTC mermaids will look better than mermaids that we have seen before). So, YES I'm excited to see what everyone's going to look like in Pirates 4(they haven't failed me yet, like with the costumes from Pirates 1-3).

My Userpage at POTC Wiki

Comment

Working...
                                X