Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

    Originally posted by WatchYourHeadNStep View Post
    Captain Hector "Blue Boy" Barbossa!

    His right leg is in "blue screen" mode. I wonder if he will be getting a peg leg?


    Thank you so much for posting this pic. I THOUGHT that was Barbossa when I saw him in the second video CJSFan posted but I wasn't 100 % sure 'til now. I can't wait to find out why he's in that outfit and just what's going on with that leg of his.
    Team Angelica


    Ruthless con artist, master of disguises, the perfect pirate.

    Comment


    • Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

      Originally posted by rya86n View Post
      Great Videos! Thanks for sharing.

      There has been some talk on keeptothecode about the sheer amount of land based story in this film... but yes, it makes sense that their journey to the fountain of youth is over land in that case
      Thanks you . I just found them and thought "Everyone HAS to see this !"(so I posted them so everyone can see the awesomeness of the videos )). And I hope they post more, because these vids were GREAT(they didn't reveal too much or too little ).

      Captain Jack Sparrow: "Now...Bring me that horizon."
      My Userpage at POTC Wiki

      Comment


      • Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

        Originally posted by WatchYourHeadNStep View Post
        Captain Hector "Blue Boy" Barbossa!

        His right leg is in "blue screen" mode. I wonder if he will be getting a peg leg?

        Ok, that's cool AND weird at the same time . Cool, because we FINALLY see Barbossa on set of Pirates 4(now all we need is Blackbeard, Angelica and Syrena). Weird, because I sorta miss his Pirate gear from the previous films(I dunno, it feels a little different). All in all, I'm excited into seeing Pirates 4, considering from all the sneak peeks we've been looking at, it makes me think that Pirates 4 will be the BEST film in the series yet(or a conclusion to the films, depends on what happens)!

        Captain Jack Sparrow: "Now...Bring me that horizon."
        My Userpage at POTC Wiki

        Comment


        • Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

          Originally posted by CJSFan View Post
          Ok, that's cool AND weird at the same time . Cool, because we FINALLY see Barbossa on set of Pirates 4(now all we need is Blackbeard, Angelica and Syrena). Weird, because I sorta miss his Pirate gear from the previous films(I dunno, it feels a little different). All in all, I'm excited into seeing Pirates 4, considering from all the sneak peeks we've been looking at, it makes me think that Pirates 4 will be the BEST film in the series yet(or a conclusion to the films, depends on what happens)!

          Well it seems to me he's intentionally dressed as a navy man in this pic (cause his outfit resembles the other navy guy next to him) so I don't think this is necessarily his "new costume" so much as a disguise or something (i.e. its just a temporary set of attire). I think the first time we see Syrena its going to be a pic of Astrid in a tank because thats usually how they film mermaid scenes. Also, I'm interested in seeing Jack's new sidekick Scram and Philip as well (I still have no idea how a missionary would fit into all this). I hear Sam's supposed to be the new "Orlando Bloom" of this film, suggesting he may fill in the whole "younger straight man to Jack" that once belonged to Will.
          Team Angelica


          Ruthless con artist, master of disguises, the perfect pirate.

          Comment


          • Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

            Originally posted by Angelica Teach View Post
            Well it seems to me he's intentionally dressed as a navy man in this pic (cause his outfit resembles the other navy guy next to him) so I don't think this is necessarily his "new costume" so much as a disguise or something (i.e. its just a temporary set of attire).
            You know, you might be right about that. And actually, I just thought of something(yet another one of my own "speculations" :lol. Theodore Groves may have hired Barbossa as a privateer(or something like that), to help the British find Jack Sparrow(or the Fountain of Youth). I dunno, I just thought it seemed like a likely story. Although I thought Groves was the navy guy that was next to Barbossa(or something like that). Either way, it'll probably be good .

            Originally posted by Angelica Teach View Post
            I think the first time we see Syrena its going to be a pic of Astrid in a tank because thats usually how they film mermaid scenes.
            Yeah, they could take pics of Astrid in a tank(it does seem likely), OR they might have a special set in Hawaii that Astrid's at(once again this is one of my many guesses :blush.

            Originally posted by Angelica Teach View Post
            Also, I'm interested in seeing Jack's new sidekick Scram and Philip as well (I still have no idea how a missionary would fit into all this).
            Yeah, I almost forgot about those two :lolI wanna at least see what they look like, as with everyone else in the cast of Pirates 4). And yes, ever since I've read the novel, I too, wondered how a missionary would fit into all this(it seems a little strange). But if anyone can answer that question, Ted and Terry(and the rest of the Pirates 4 cast :lol, can.

            Originally posted by Angelica Teach View Post
            I hear Sam's supposed to be the new "Orlando Bloom" of this film, suggesting he may fill in the whole "younger straight man to Jack" that once belonged to Will.
            Yeah, I've read that too. And I really don't mind him being Philip(I've never seen him in any other movies). I just don't want whelps like "Zac Efron", "Rob Pattz" OR "Tay Laut" in Pirates 4, it would RUIN the franchise casting those type of actors(ones with TOO much fame), Johnny Depp is obviously an exception(and I'm glad he's still in the films, he's AWESOME :yea.

            Captain Jack Sparrow: "Now...Bring me that horizon."
            My Userpage at POTC Wiki

            Comment


            • Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

              Originally posted by CJSFan View Post
              You know, you might be right about that. And actually, I just thought of something(yet another one of my own "speculations" :lol. Theodore Groves may have hired Barbossa as a privateer(or something like that), to help the British find Jack Sparrow(or the Fountain of Youth). I dunno, I just thought it seemed like a likely story. Although I thought Groves was the navy guy that was next to Barbossa(or something like that). Either way, it'll probably be good .


              Yeah, they could take pics of Astrid in a tank(it does seem likely), OR they might have a special set in Hawaii that Astrid's at(once again this is one of my many guesses :blush.


              Yeah, I almost forgot about those two :lolI wanna at least see what they look like, as with everyone else in the cast of Pirates 4). And yes, ever since I've read the novel, I too, wondered how a missionary would fit into all this(it seems a little strange). But if anyone can answer that question, Ted and Terry(and the rest of the Pirates 4 cast :lol, can.


              Yeah, I've read that too. And I really don't mind him being Philip(I've never seen him in any other movies). I just don't want whelps like "Zac Efron", "Rob Pattz" OR "Tay Laut" in Pirates 4, it would RUIN the franchise casting those type of actors(ones with TOO much fame), Johnny Depp is obviously an exception(and I'm glad he's still in the films, he's AWESOME :yea.
              I actually thought that was Groves next to Barbossa as well (and it fits with what Greg posted a while ago about filming scenes exclusively with Geoffrey and Kevin). Your theory sounds pretty good (God knows I can't come up with any reason for Barbossa to be all dolled up as a navy man): I wonder what Gibbs is doing with them (last time I checked he was with Jack)? I remember when the Zac Efron rumors were floating around (and desperately praying that they were FALSE): I'm also glad that most of the side characters are pretty much unknowns cause then they don't take too much attention away from Penelope and Ian (who, if the plot synopsis is anything to go by, play the primary new characters). Also the great thing with POTC is that it's such an epic franchise that it can give little-known actors a MAJOR boost to their careers (Keira anyone?).
              Team Angelica


              Ruthless con artist, master of disguises, the perfect pirate.

              Comment


              • Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

                Originally posted by Angelica Teach View Post
                I actually thought that was Groves next to Barbossa as well (and it fits with what Greg posted a while ago about filming scenes exclusively with Geoffrey and Kevin).
                You know, I didn't even think about that , the connection with Greg's post(boy I feel dumb right now :bang. Anyway, yeah it does seem likely that Groves WAS the navy guy beside Barbossa.

                Originally posted by Angelica Teach View Post
                Your theory sounds pretty good (God knows I can't come up with any reason for Barbossa to be all dolled up as a navy man): I wonder what Gibbs is doing with them (last time I checked he was with Jack)?
                Thanks you . And yeah, that's why I thought of that theory(I couldn't think of any reason why Barbossa, of all pirates, would become one of the Navy troops). As for Gibbs, I don't have a clue why he's with them(sorry :geek, but I he wasn't with Jack at the end of Pirates 3(he was in Tortuga with Scarlett and Giselle talking about "sea turtle", of all things :lol.

                Originally posted by Angelica Teach View Post
                I remember when the Zac Efron rumors were floating around (and desperately praying that they were FALSE).
                Those were dark times :blinkconsidering they were talking about both Zac AND Rob). And I, too was desperately praying they weren't true(it would be the END OF THE WORLD if they were in a POTC film).

                Originally posted by Angelica Teach View Post
                I'm also glad that most of the side characters are pretty much unknowns cause then they don't take too much attention away from Penelope and Ian (who, if the plot synopsis is anything to go by, play the primary new characters). Also the great thing with POTC is that it's such an epic franchise that it can give little-known actors a MAJOR boost to their careers (Keira anyone?).
                That is exactly why I love these films(because of the cast being "unknown"), even though I already know most of the actors NOW(I've seen most of the other cast in other movies I've seen).

                Captain Jack Sparrow: "Now...Bring me that horizon."
                My Userpage at POTC Wiki

                Comment


                • Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

                  Somehow I have a feeling of all the cast coming back(Jack, Barbossa, Gibbs and Groves), I think Barbossa is going to be the only one who's going to look completely different. I mean, we've seen Jack's costume(same), Gibbs(same), and possibly Groves(which if he WAS in that video with Geoffrey and Kevin, then yes he looks the same). Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not mad about it or anything(I still think Pirates 4 will be an AWESOME Pirates film :yea, I just feel like we're not gonna see Barbossa in his Pirate gear(from Pirates 1-3, which I really liked ). If that's the case(which we sorta don't know yet), I'm going to miss Barbossa looking like he did before.

                  Captain Jack Sparrow: "Now...Bring me that horizon."
                  My Userpage at POTC Wiki

                  Comment


                  • Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

                    Originally posted by CJSFan View Post
                    Somehow I have a feeling of all the cast coming back(Jack, Barbossa, Gibbs and Groves), I think Barbossa is going to be the only one who's going to look completely different. I mean, we've seen Jack's costume(same), Gibbs(same), and possibly Groves(which if he WAS in that video with Geoffrey and Kevin, then yes he looks the same). Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not mad about it or anything(I still think Pirates 4 will be an AWESOME Pirates film :yea, I just feel like we're not gonna see Barbossa in his Pirate gear(from Pirates 1-3, which I really liked ). If that's the case(which we sorta don't know yet), I'm going to miss Barbossa looking like he did before.
                    Well it's certainly possible (ANYTHING is pretty much possible at this point) but I think it's still too early to tell. I mean if they were going to change his look it would have made more sense to do it between Pirates 1 and 2 after he died and then came back as this supposedly "reformed" new man. Also, if they wanted to change up characters' looks, why not change Gibbs' outfit too (it's not exactly like his costume is so elaborate that a change would be a HUGE deal). I think ultimately what we're seeing in this pic of Barbossa is probably going to wind up being just his costume for a few scenes but that he'll probably wind up going back to his trademark Barbossa pirate gear (cause after all: he doesn't look like he could do much "pillaging and plundering" in that fancy shmancy navy outfit ).
                    Oh, and by the way, don't forget that Teague is coming back too (thank God ).
                    Team Angelica


                    Ruthless con artist, master of disguises, the perfect pirate.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

                      Originally posted by Angelica Teach View Post
                      Well it's certainly possible (ANYTHING is pretty much possible at this point) but I think it's still too early to tell. I mean if they were going to change his look it would have made more sense to do it between Pirates 1 and 2 after he died and then came back as this supposedly "reformed" new man. Also, if they wanted to change up characters' looks, why not change Gibbs' outfit too (it's not exactly like his costume is so elaborate that a change would be a HUGE deal). I think ultimately what we're seeing in this pic of Barbossa is probably going to wind up being just his costume for a few scenes but that he'll probably wind up going back to his trademark Barbossa pirate gear (cause after all: he doesn't look like he could do much "pillaging and plundering" in that fancy shmancy navy outfit ).
                      Oh, and by the way, don't forget that Teague is coming back too (thank God ).
                      Oh, of course, I almost forgot about Teague :lolsilly me :bang.

                      Captain Jack Sparrow: "Now...Bring me that horizon."
                      My Userpage at POTC Wiki

                      Comment


                      • Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

                        Originally posted by CJSFan View Post
                        Oh, of course, I almost forgot about Teague :lolsilly me :bang.

                        I wonder when Keith's going to begin shooting his scenes, and how many scenes he'll have (like will his part be bigger, smaller, or the same as it was in AWE). I guess we'll find out as it happens (like with Groves, Barbossa, and Gibbs).
                        Team Angelica


                        Ruthless con artist, master of disguises, the perfect pirate.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

                          Originally posted by Angelica Teach View Post
                          I wonder when Keith's going to begin shooting his scenes, and how many scenes he'll have (like will his part be bigger, smaller, or the same as it was in AWE). I guess we'll find out as it happens (like with Groves, Barbossa, and Gibbs).
                          Probably, because I remember reading that the only time Teague was available for shooting his scenes in Pirates 3 was September 2006(8 months before the release of Pirates 3, I believe). And yes, I believe that we'll find out as it happens (I just hope it's soon, because I'm information hungry ).

                          Captain Jack Sparrow: "Now...Bring me that horizon."
                          My Userpage at POTC Wiki

                          Comment


                          • Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

                            Hey guys,

                            I was just surfing around the internet and found yet ANOTHER interview with Jerry Bruckheimer :yeawhich is great, I LOVE hearing news from him, he makes it sound good ). Here's the link(skip to around 19:00 of the interview to hear about Pirates 4):
                            Charlie Rose - Jerry Bruckheimer

                            Jerry said a few things about Pirates 4 in that interview(I think maybe only 2 things):
                            1. Rob Marshall knows a lot about movement and he's a choreographer(I already knew that since his last video interview, but I'm glad he mentions something).

                            2. Penelope Cruz does "wonderful swordfighting"(I think AT would likes this part )).

                            Even though we don't learn very much in this interview(that we didn't already know), it's great to know that Angelica gets to swordfight in Pirates 4(considering it would be weird if the supposed daughter of Blackbeard doesn't swordfight).

                            Captain Jack Sparrow: "Now...Bring me that horizon."
                            My Userpage at POTC Wiki

                            Comment


                            • Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

                              Originally posted by CJSFan View Post
                              Hey guys,

                              I was just surfing around the internet and found yet ANOTHER interview with Jerry Bruckheimer :yeawhich is great, I LOVE hearing news from him, he makes it sound good ). Here's the link(skip to around 19:00 of the interview to hear about Pirates 4):
                              Charlie Rose - Jerry Bruckheimer

                              Jerry said a few things about Pirates 4 in that interview(I think maybe only 2 things):
                              1. Rob Marshall knows a lot about movement and he's a choreographer(I already knew that since his last video interview, but I'm glad he mentions something).

                              2. Penelope Cruz does "wonderful swordfighting"(I think AT would likes this part )).

                              Even though we don't learn very much in this interview(that we didn't already know), it's great to know that Angelica gets to swordfight in Pirates 4(considering it would be weird if the supposed daughter of Blackbeard doesn't swordfight).

                              YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yea::yea::yea:I get to go to the OST midnight show with a big plastic sword as part of my costume!!!! AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!! :yea:
                              Of course, if she's really "Jack's foil and equal", and in allegiance with Blackbeard, she really would HAVE to be able to swordfight (I mean REALLY ).
                              Team Angelica


                              Ruthless con artist, master of disguises, the perfect pirate.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

                                Originally posted by Angelica Teach View Post
                                YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yea::yea::yea:I get to go to the OST midnight show with a big plastic sword as part of my costume!!!! AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!! :yea:
                                Of course, if she's really "Jack's foil and equal", and in allegiance with Blackbeard, she really would HAVE to be able to swordfight (I mean REALLY ).
                                That's true, Jack swordfights(obviously), and Blackbeard is sure to be swordfighting in Pirates 4. So yeah, why not Angelica(otherwise, it wouldn't make sense if she wasn't a swordfighter )).

                                Captain Jack Sparrow: "Now...Bring me that horizon."
                                My Userpage at POTC Wiki

                                Comment


                                • Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

                                  Okay, so I just watched the interview with Charlie Rose (and by the way, am I the only one who thought that he seemed REALLY into POTC?: I mean I can usually tell when an interviewer doesn't give a hoot about what they're guest is promoting but he seemed like he actually cared about OST and everything). I'm really glad to hear just how into playing Angelica Penelope is (Jerry said she's really "committed"). I can't wait to see what she brings to the table for this role, (and boy, would I love it if someone leaked behind-the-scenes footage of her practicing her swordfighting ).
                                  Team Angelica


                                  Ruthless con artist, master of disguises, the perfect pirate.

                                  Comment


                                  • Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

                                    Originally posted by Angelica Teach View Post
                                    Okay, so I just watched the interview with Charlie Rose (and by the way, am I the only one who thought that he seemed REALLY into POTC?: I mean I can usually tell when an interviewer doesn't give a hoot about what they're guest is promoting but he seemed like he actually cared about OST and everything).
                                    Actually, I don't think I have noticed that(and it does seem strange, doesn't it?).

                                    Originally posted by Angelica Teach View Post
                                    I'm really glad to hear just how into playing Angelica Penelope is (Jerry said she's really "committed"). I can't wait to see what she brings to the table for this role, (and boy, would I love it if someone leaked behind-the-scenes footage of her practicing her swordfighting ).
                                    What's not to love about Angelica(she's a ruthless con artist and Jack's "foil and equal")? And I would like to see behind the scenes videos of her doing the swordfighting rehearsals(but I also wanna see Johnny and Ian fighting also :lol

                                    Captain Jack Sparrow: "Now...Bring me that horizon."
                                    My Userpage at POTC Wiki

                                    Comment


                                    • Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

                                      Originally posted by CJSFan View Post
                                      Actually, I don't think I have noticed that(and it does seem strange, doesn't it?).



                                      What's not to love about Angelica(she's a ruthless con artist and Jack's "foil and equal")? And I would like to see behind the scenes videos of her doing the swordfighting rehearsals(but I also wanna see Johnny and Ian fighting also :lol

                                      You know, I think I'd really love it if she and Jack dueled at some point.... I think it would be an awesome demonstration of the tension/chemistry between them (and it would just be plain darn cool as heck )).
                                      Team Angelica


                                      Ruthless con artist, master of disguises, the perfect pirate.

                                      Comment


                                      • Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

                                        Originally posted by Angelica Teach View Post
                                        You know, I think I'd really love it if she and Jack dueled at some point.... I think it would be an awesome demonstration of the tension/chemistry between them (and it would just be plain darn cool as heck )).
                                        You know, it does seem like a good idea . It'll be like(and I apologize for comparing it with another movie AGAIN :blush, the Mask of Zorro(Antonio Bandaras and Catherine Zeta-Jones), except it'll be Johnny Depp vs Penelope Cruz . Although I think(if they swordfight each other in Pirates 4), I think this duel would be WAY better, because it'll be Captain Jack vs a ruthless con-artist :lol:.

                                        Captain Jack Sparrow: "Now...Bring me that horizon."
                                        My Userpage at POTC Wiki

                                        Comment


                                        • Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

                                          Originally posted by CJSFan View Post
                                          You know, it does seem like a good idea . It'll be like(and I apologize for comparing it with another movie AGAIN :blush, the Mask of Zorro(Antonio Bandaras and Catherine Zeta-Jones), except it'll be Johnny Depp vs Penelope Cruz . Although I think(if they swordfight each other in Pirates 4), I think this duel would be WAY better, because it'll be Captain Jack vs a ruthless con-artist :lol:.
                                          Hey, I thought of Mask of Zorro as well (that scene between Catherine and Antonio WAS fabulous) but I agree, if they did it in this movie it would be more EPIC because, well, its POTC and the swordfights are always very elaborate.
                                          Also, I've been thinking about how this movie is supposed to draw some stuff from the OST novel and how Angelica falls into that, and I'm wondering if she's going to be something of a parallel to Beth Hurwood (I mean obviously their characters will be WAAAAYYYYY different, since Angelica's a con after all). But I'm thinking that beyond being the love interest of the main character, we already know that they both have one additional quality in common, which is that their connection to their fathers are important to the story (Beth was traveling with her father, Angelica and Blackbeard have something going on together that requires Jack). So I'm wondering if, maybe towards the end of the movie, Blackbeard turns on Angelica and like, "uses" her for something nefarious like Beth's father was trying to do to her (obviously not in the same way of course: I don't think Blackbeard will be attempting to bring one of his dead wives back through Angelica) and it'll be up to Jack Sparrow (like it was to Jack Shandyac) to save her. I know I may be way off base but since we're theorizing, why not?
                                          Team Angelica


                                          Ruthless con artist, master of disguises, the perfect pirate.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X