Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (merged)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Originally posted by MainSreetJake View Post
    My personal opinion on Depp - He's is without a doubt, one of the greatest actors. He is so versatile (Edward Scissorhands, Johnny Jung, Willy Wonka, Jack Sparrow, Mad Hatter, etc), and when you see him on screen, you don't see HIM, you see THE CHARACTER. And that's the amazing thing about him, HE disappears, and HIS CHARACTER emerges.
    The second film was simply just a "bridge" between the impressive first, and epic third. Hopefully the fourth will be just as good as the first.

Barbossa has gotten his credit, and he deserves a bit more than he's currently getting, but really, the fourth would be hard to explain without his presence there. Plus, won't it be cool to see Jack and Barbossa fight to get to the fountain of youth, with blackbeard tied in?
    Not to mention Johnny is the only actor that I've heard of that's put on the costume of his signature character and made public appearances. He's done it at least 3 times now; D23 Expo, Comic Con, and the children's hospital in the UK.

Comment

I still can't belive that Elizibeth wont be in it. She was not only the main female character of the series, but also the first character to be seen! What a loss. This in no way deminishes the loss of Will, but with Depp taking such a firm hold of the Male lead, he won't be so sorely missed.

Comment

Uh-oh, I hope we get the same Jack Sparrow:
        HITFIX: Johnny Depp's says he's not as enthusiastic for 'Pirates of the Caribbean 4' after dramatic turnover at Walt Disney Studios

The actor also said he currently has a potential deal in place for "Pirates 4" and whether he moves forward or not will depend on how good the script is, but was presently "shocked and sad" over the day's events.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! A piece of me just died a little.

Facebook me!
          Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Well, if they do make it, we will know it will be good It has Jack's aproval.

Comment

I will NOT see it if Johnny's not in it. As much as I LOVE the POTC movies. They will be crap without him.

Comment

They wont make it without Jack, Will and Elizibeth. There not that stupid.

Comment

Barbossa onboard?
                  Mania: Rush Confirms Pirates 4 Role

Comment

Well, the news about Rush is definetely good to hear in any case. Hopefully things can be settled between Disney and Johnny. They have to know without him the film would sink, so to speak. so I won't be surprised if a compromise is reached.
                    Last album uploads: pictures from the Alice in Wonderland exhibit, more still to be added
                    2nd Club 33 visit- Febuary '10! Yay for my sister's birthday.
                    Next Disneyland visit: ???
                    My knicks and knacks and fancy dresses:
                    http://questionablekristina.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
                      I will NOT see it if Johnny's not in it. As much as I LOVE the POTC movies. They will be crap without him.
                      Amen to that!!

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
                      Barbossa onboard?
                      Mania: Rush Confirms Pirates 4 Role
                      Yay!!

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
                        They wont make it without Jack, Will and Elizibeth. There not that stupid.
                        Keira has already said that she won't do another movie. Orlando was very hesitant to commit himself to the project also. They aren't going to forgo making all that money just because of those two.... johnny on the other hand, they can't make another movie without him.
                        sigpic
                        I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Comment

I'm pleased that Geoffrey Rush is back. I expected that both Bloom and Knightley would not be returning, as that was the talk when At World's End came out, but I wasn't sure about Rush.

I'm probably going to be disappointed, but I would love for there to be a return, even as just a cameo, of Tia Dalma/Calypso. There's probably no reason for her to be in the next one, but I can dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Retrocool View Post
                            I'm pleased that Geoffrey Rush is back. I expected that both Bloom and Knightley would not be returning, as that was the talk when At World's End came out, but I wasn't sure about Rush.

I'm probably going to be disappointed, but I would love for there to be a return, even as just a cameo, of Tia Dalma/Calypso. There's probably no reason for her to be in the next one, but I can dream.
                            I would LOVE it if Tia Dalma/Calypso made an appearance.
                            Originally posted by migo
                            I poop with joy!
                            Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaStitch View Post
                              I would LOVE it if Tia Dalma/Calypso made an appearance.
                              Yeah, she left the scene rather suddenly in the last one, didn't she? Heck, they could even make a whole film series exploring the Davy Jones/Calypso relationship.

In fact, I have to disagree with the notion that without the Jack Sparrow character, there is no POTC. That's nonsense. POTC existed long before Jack Sparrow was thought up. POTC is a creative universe, and all sorts of characters, with all sorts of stories, exist in it. Sure, Jack's a great character, and we love him, and Depp is terrific in it, but that's not the ONLY story to be told from that world. There are tons and tons of others that could very easily become full-fledged movies (and they wouldn't have to cost $300 million a pop, either).

I'd even be amenable to a cable TV series.

Comment

No Depp = no Jack = no POTC4.

Comment

Working...
                                X