What is your least favorite Disney animated film?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LordVader
    Heavy Breather
    • Jun 2012

What is your least favorite Disney animated film?

We all love Disney. We come here everyday to talk about its magic. One of the many ways we were introduced to Disney is through their animated classics. I can still remember watching Fun and Fancy Free almost everyday when I was younger. But as we get older we start to notice that some of the animated films, just don't live up to the Walt standard of doing things. So on this thread feel free to share your least favorite out of the 52 animated films that have come out of Walt Disney Animation so far. To get the ball rolling I shall share my least favorite.

Chicken Little was the studios first CG film after they closed the traditional animation studio. I saw this movie in theatres as a kid and liked it. However, I was a stupid kid. As I am now older, I see it's numerous flaws. I will give the movie some credit as the characters are pretty memorable, I especially enjoyed Runts antics. However that's all the film has going for it. The jokes aren't there, just pop culture references. When the alien kid is left on earth, that's obviously taken from ET. The soundtrack isn't very memorable, other than the REM song that plays when the aliens attack. Overall, this movie is the time when Dismey was moving into Dreamworks territory(although they have gotten better since then). If you like this movie, hey more power to you. I'm just glad they learned from their mistakes and that Meet the Robinsons was a better film.
    sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• Gone2Disneyland
    Disneyland PAP
    • Nov 2006

Re: What is your least favorite Disney animated film?

I avoided Chicken Little. I think the Save Disney campaign was going on at the time, and I was very much influenced by that. That and Eisner's decision to embrace CGI and turn his back on hand-drawn animation hit the wrong tone with me. Regarding the movie, I've not heard anything about it that would make me feel its worth my time to watch.

Home on the Range is another film I avoided. The previous two films, Brother Bear and Treasure Planet, didn't fully entertain me as I hoped they would. And while I did pick up the soundtrack by Menken, I didn't sense that the film would be to my liking.

Besides those two, I find hard to cite a Disney film as my least favorite. Just seems sacrilegious.

Comment

• fifthrider
      Banned User
      • Oct 2008

Meet the Robinsons.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz..........

Comment

• Mickey Mouse rocks
        MiceChatter
        • Aug 2011

The Lion King 1 1/2
        "I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something, than educate people and hope they were entertained" - Walt Disney

Comment

• LordVader
          Heavy Breather
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Mickey Mouse rocks View Post
          The Lion King 1 1/2
          Direct to Video films don't count. We know that all of those suck big time. What I'm talking about are the 52 animated films that are a part of the animated classics line. Starting with the classic Snow White all the way to the present with the excellent Wreck it Ralph. But yes Lion King 1 1/2 did suck.
          sigpic

Comment

• 3IAlienKid
            secure all cargo
            • Jul 2005

Atlantis. A lot of interesting concepts, but was not into the story at all.
            Pocahontas would be runner-up. Just not that involving.

---------- Post added 11-24-2012 at 10:46 PM ----------

Cars 2. Beautiful and exciting races, but was not a fan of making Mater and his journey the main focus, and not a fan of making it a spy movie. It lost everything the first Cars was about.
            Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

• gatheringrosebuds
              ~
              • Aug 2012

Chicken Little definitely takes that honor.

Comment

• animagusurreal
                MiceChatter
                • Oct 2006

Home on the Range:

However, I will say that Pocahontas, (the film that sooooooooooooooo desperately wants that Best Picture Oscar), is the one that began the decline of the Disney Renaissance. It was also the first Disney film I remember not going to see in the theater. But then again, I did go to see Home on the Range in the theater...and The Wild...

Actually The Wild would be worse, but I don't think it counts as official Disney canon since it was farmed out to another company.
                Last edited by animagusurreal; 11-26-2012, 12:00 AM.
                "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
                Disney sequel):
                Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
                Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
                Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
                Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
                Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Comment

• Rocker
                  I Don't Care
                  • Sep 2006

Cars and Cars 2. Those two are my least favorite in any Disney/Pixar cannon. I also don't care for Beauty and the Beast (sorry everyone ), Chicken Little. Oh, and Brave. Brave just didn't cut it for me.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

• Flickering Bulb
                    keh!
                    • Jul 2005

Chicken Little and Home on the Range for me. Awful, AWFUL, movies. I was going to list The Fox and The Hound as well, but to be fair I have never seen the entire movie. Only the first 20 minutes, and I didn't care for what I was watching.

Comment

• fifthrider
                      Banned User
                      • Oct 2008

Right there with ya. I never saw The Fox and The Hound until last year. I watched it out of curiosity alone. I'm glad I was watching it on a laptop w/ DVD next to me while building a model on the workbench. There's no way I could have looked directly at the whole movie for the entire duration. It was background noise and unsuccessful noise at that.

Comment

• LordVader
                        Heavy Breather
                        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
                        Chicken Little and Home on the Range for me. Awful, AWFUL, movies. I was going to list The Fox and The Hound as well, but to be fair I have never seen the entire movie. Only the first 20 minutes, and I didn't care for what I was watching.
                        Much like Bambi, Fox and the Hound gets better after the first half hour.
                        sigpic

Comment

• FreshBakedDisney
                          MiceChatter
                          • Nov 2012

Pocahontas was pretty bad, I must say.
                          sigpic
                          Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Comment

• WorldLover71
                            • Oct 2007

HOW has no one mentioned The Black Cauldron? I'm hoping everyone is just pretending it doesn't exist. Here are my reasons:

1. The characters have little personality and there are too many of them
                            2. The animation is poor and flat looking (worst animation of falling rocks ever)
                            3. The story is dull. For an adventure story, not much happens
                            4. The music sounds like a Saturday morning cartoon from the 70's (waa waaaaa)
                            5. There's no climax. The soldiers rise from the swamp and two minutes later they're gone
                            6. The spell is broken by a character comitting suicide!!!!

I would give more reasons but now I'm annoyed just from thinking about it. Best thing that ever happened to Disney? Don Bluth leaving.

(Wow I sound angry. I didn't mean to be when i started this and I'm really sorry if you like BC and I offended you.)

Comment

• Slimshady
                              The Real Slimshady
                              • Oct 2008

Yes, the Black Cauldron is the worst!!!!

Comment

• RonNYC
                                Wishin' I was at WDW.
                                • Feb 2005

Yes, "The Black Cauldron" is on my list but at least it attempted to be something great. Its parts are better than the whole, that's for certain.

Two films of no redeeming value have been mentioned, both "Home on the Range" and "Chicken Little." I didn't like either of them when I saw them in theaters, they're just bad films. Neither are in my home collection.

And, "The Aristocats" is also a mind numbingly dull film. So... you asked for one, I give you four.

Comment

• x626man
                                  New MiceChatter
                                  • Mar 2008

Atlantis...what a horrible movie. By far, my least favorite Disney feature...Home on the Range is not too far behind either.

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Feb 2005

Home on the Range for sure. It's one of the few Disney animated movies that are not in our collection and never will be. The other one on that list is Brother Bear.

There are some lesser ones that nobody really seems to like, but I kind of enjoy like Atlantis, Treasure Planet and Chicken Little. The latter I absolutely expected to hate and went in with very low expectations. It's not great by any means, but I actually enjoy the movie.

Comment

• PecosBill
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Dec 2011

Eisner tried to coin the 1990's as the "Disney Decade." But looking at the 10 year period following Jeffery Katzenbergs departure (1995 - 2005) I would coin this as the "Dismal Decade" for Disney animation. I wouldn't put any of the 13 movies that came during that time period in my extensive video collection.

A Goofy Movie (1995)
                                      The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996)

Hercules (1997)
                                      Mulan (1998)
                                      Tarzan (1999)
                                      Dinosaur (2000)
                                      The Emperor's New Groove (2000)
                                      Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001)
                                      Lilo & Stitch (2002)
                                      Treasure Planet (2002)
                                      Brother Bear (2003)

Home on the Range (2004)
                                      Chicken Little (2005)

Not that every movie Katzenberg oversaw for Disney was a winner either. The following two are also on my "wont see again" list:
                                      The Black Cauldron (1985)
                                      Oliver & Company (1988)

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Feb 2005

^ Emperor's New Groove, Hunchback and Lilo and Stitch are really great movies IMO. Hercules, Tarzan, Atlantis, Mulan and Treasure Planet are good. There were probably an equal amount of hits and misses there.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X