Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

The Optimist: Disney's WDI/WED Tomorrowland Movie ARG - Summary and Recap

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Optimist: Disney's WDI/WED Tomorrowland Movie ARG - Summary and Recap

Well, we have some action again - Amelia is posting the documentary next week. Updated the title, the first post, and moved the thread. Very excited to get this started again.
    -Monorail Man

Comment

Cant wait to see it

sigpic

Comment

I've been having a lot of fun with this game. Do we know what the +U logo officially is yet? There were theories about it standing for "Plus Ultra" which appeared on the record in the 1952 box, but do we know that yet? Do we know what Plus Ultra is yet?

Comment

In case anyone missed it, Amelia tweeted that the documentary should be released on Monday.
          sigpic
          “That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
          but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
          ​I'm blogging here again!

Comment

This was probably one of the coolest things I've seen Disney do in a long time. Hopefully some day there will be another great ARG to experience

sigpic

Comment

Here's the link to the video for those not checking regularly:

Tomorrow - YouTube

Great ending to what is hopefully only part 1

CHRISTINA&JUSTIN

Comment

Im really hoping this will continue in some way shape or form someday

sigpic

Comment

Looking over the ARG over a month later, I couldn't remember; Did we discover what the Project Mark 0, Auto Apparatus and the Signal Flag projects actually were?

Comment

I do believe they lined up with the patent numbers. I don't have access to my notes right now. If you like I can post the correlations on Monday some time.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Attic Haunt View Post
                      I do believe they lined up with the patent numbers. I don't have access to my notes right now. If you like I can post the correlations on Monday some time.
                      Can't remember what those were exactly. I remember the patent numbers were for a spaceship ride or somewhat..Can't seem to find clear notes on that one.

Comment

From the synopsis at the beginning of this thread...

The Blueprints: Lots of fun information here. Looks like there was a portal system, to this city. Each of the three projects AND patents are mentioned:

Auto Apparatus: Shown on the Blueprint of the Rocket to the Moon building. RTTM was designed to be a "supra-transit" trainer, which would show you your travel status. The figures match up to those in the patent that we found before.

Mark 0: This is the Circarama patent. But, it was actually designed to be a Holographic Virtual Reality projection system. Each of the figures in the patent is explained. Esentially, this could create virtual worlds - like an early Holideck.

Signal Flag: Is actually a portal device. The (T.A.P.E.) deck that was referenced in the patent is the portal controller. Each imaged described is part of the portal grid.
                        sigpic

Comment

So does the "TU" symbol really mean Plus Ultra? I remembered this latin phrase from a work project - it translates to "more beyond" (something like that) and was minted on Spanish coins from the 18th century:
                          http://www.coins.nd.edu/ColCoin/ColC...o-1760.rev.jpg

Also I found several sites relating optimism and plus ultra, coincidence??
                          Plus Ultra | The Rational Optimist

Comment

Yup. The +U logo stands for Plus Ultra which is the official name for "The Society". I think it means "far beyond" or something in Latin.

The Oatmeal started talking about Plus Ultra with Damon Lindelof and Brad Bird. We're speculating on FB that a Phase Two is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Foozie Bear View Post
                              The Oatmeal started talking about Plus Ultra with Damon Lindelof and Brad Bird. We're speculating on FB that a Phase Two is coming.
                              Sentient oatmeal?
                              The list of Disney people I've encountered in my life: John Lasseter, Brad Bird, Lee Unkrich, Darla K Anderson, Eric Goldberg, Don Hahn, Peter Schneider, Burney Mattinson, John Musker, Ron Clements, Nik Ranieri, John Kahrs, Jeff Turley, Patrick Osbourne, Dave Bossert, Roy P Disney.

People I would love to meet in person: Glen Keane, Andreas Deja.

Comment

Originally posted by Foozie Bear View Post
                                Yup. The +U logo stands for Plus Ultra which is the official name for "The Society". I think it means "far beyond" or something in Latin.

Originally posted by MWH1980 View Post
                                Sentient oatmeal?
                                :lmao:
                                sigpic

Comment

Decided to look behind the curtain where the 7th screen was hidden in the Optimist Finale and I noticed that the screen was glowing, Not sure if that was intended or if Disney is planning on using it for another purpose

sigpic

Comment

That's really cool. Was there anything on the screen when you looked?

Comment

It was just a grey glowing screen, Nothing to note but it was interesting that they had it turned on

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                      X