Announcement

Collapse

Gumball Rally 2018

Tickets are selling fast! Act now to reserve your spot. http://micechat.com/events/rally
See more
See less

The Optimist: Disney's WDI/WED Tomorrowland Movie ARG - Summary and Recap

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Optimist: Disney's WDI/WED Tomorrowland Movie ARG - Summary and Recap

From the synopsis at the beginning of this thread...

The Blueprints: Lots of fun information here. Looks like there was a portal system, to this city. Each of the three projects AND patents are mentioned:

Auto Apparatus: Shown on the Blueprint of the Rocket to the Moon building. RTTM was designed to be a "supra-transit" trainer, which would show you your travel status. The figures match up to those in the patent that we found before.

Mark 0: This is the Circarama patent. But, it was actually designed to be a Holographic Virtual Reality projection system. Each of the figures in the patent is explained. Esentially, this could create virtual worlds - like an early Holideck.

Signal Flag: Is actually a portal device. The (T.A.P.E.) deck that was referenced in the patent is the portal controller. Each imaged described is part of the portal grid.
    sigpic
    “That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Comment

So does the "TU" symbol really mean Plus Ultra? I remembered this latin phrase from a work project - it translates to "more beyond" (something like that) and was minted on Spanish coins from the 18th century:
      http://www.coins.nd.edu/ColCoin/ColC...o-1760.rev.jpg

Also I found several sites relating optimism and plus ultra, coincidence??
      Plus Ultra | The Rational Optimist

Comment

Yup. The +U logo stands for Plus Ultra which is the official name for "The Society". I think it means "far beyond" or something in Latin.

The Oatmeal started talking about Plus Ultra with Damon Lindelof and Brad Bird. We're speculating on FB that a Phase Two is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Foozie Bear View Post
          The Oatmeal started talking about Plus Ultra with Damon Lindelof and Brad Bird. We're speculating on FB that a Phase Two is coming.
          Sentient oatmeal?
          The list of Disney people I've encountered in my life: John Lasseter, Brad Bird, Lee Unkrich, Darla K Anderson, Eric Goldberg, Don Hahn, Peter Schneider, Burney Mattinson, John Musker, Ron Clements, Nik Ranieri, John Kahrs, Jeff Turley, Patrick Osbourne, Dave Bossert, Roy P Disney.

People I would love to meet in person: Glen Keane, Andreas Deja.

Comment

Originally posted by Foozie Bear View Post
            Yup. The +U logo stands for Plus Ultra which is the official name for "The Society". I think it means "far beyond" or something in Latin.

Originally posted by MWH1980 View Post
            Sentient oatmeal?
            :lmao:
            sigpic
            “That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
            but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
            ​I'm blogging here again!

Comment

Decided to look behind the curtain where the 7th screen was hidden in the Optimist Finale and I noticed that the screen was glowing, Not sure if that was intended or if Disney is planning on using it for another purpose

sigpic

Comment

That's really cool. Was there anything on the screen when you looked?

Comment

It was just a grey glowing screen, Nothing to note but it was interesting that they had it turned on

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X