Announcement

Collapse

Gumball Rally 2018

Tickets are selling fast! Act now to reserve your spot. http://micechat.com/events/rally
See more
See less

The Optimist: Disney's WDI/WED Tomorrowland Movie ARG - Summary and Recap

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re: The Optimist: Disney's WDI/WED Tomorrowland Movie ARG - Summary and Recap

I live about 15 minutes from the the Tam O' Shanter -- should I go check out booth 31?

Also, on the DisneyCartography website, Wallace says he's going to have a meet-up before d23 on August 6th. I will definitely try to be there for that. (He said he's going to tweet the location just before.)

Comment

Dear Nick,

Well, I'm not sure what you want me to tell you. Projects on that scale have all kinds of secrets. None of which I can tell you. Partly because that was fifty-some-odd years ago, and partly because I promised never to share what I saw. If you don't believe me, take a look. I made an attachment to this email. I took a marker to all the secret bits though.

Yours truly,

Michael T. Lott
      --
      Lott Family Construction, LLC
      1309 North Aurora Street
      Ithaca, NY 10605
      (607) 218-5820

And here is the attached image:

Comment

The blacked out bars are somewhat readable when lighted:
        The first and third bar are the aformentioned "The City." The second is "Florida Project."
        The last appears to be "Mark 0" or "Mark 8 Project."

EDIT: Doh, didn't realize this had already been added to the summary post from a discovery elsewhere. Carry on.
        Last edited by NickyTea; 07-11-2013, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Also, not sure if this is "in-game" or just a bit of trivia, but "M.T. Lott" was one of the fake names Disney used to buy up land in Florida for Disney World.

Comment

Originally posted by NickyTea View Post
            I live about 15 minutes from the the Tam O' Shanter -- should I go check out booth 31?
            You should. Looks like they added some stuff for the game there!
            -Monorail Man

Comment

So with clues and other things moving into the real world, I guess the only way those of us outside of the area can play is to team up with someone in the area. Boy, am I glad I have you guys reporting on things!
              sigpic
              “That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
              but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
              ​I'm blogging here again!

Comment

I believe that I may have found something new. There are 2 other images that are not being used on the cartography site, but are hosted on his server:The first is a picture of Bill Melendez:

http://disneycartography.com/wp-cont...es/slide-2.jpg

The second appears to be the 1960 CCCP (Russian) soccer team that won the first European National Cup (found info through a Google image search):

http://disneycartography.com/wp-content/themes/wallace/images/slide-3.jpg
                Last edited by What Would Walt Do; 07-12-2013, 06:42 PM. Reason: formatting

Comment

Given that there have been clues at the Tam O' Shanter... perhaps someone shoud check the Progress City/EPCOT model in The Magic Kingdom's WEDway peoplemover/Tomorrowland Transit Authority since the blueprint in the center of the Tam O' Shanter art is the Florida Project and it could possibly yield something
                  The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

Comment

I noticed your post before but then I couldn't find it again on Amelia's blog. Either way, I read the following thanks to Google:

The second player on the right is Viktor Ponedelnik who hit the winner in the first final with his 1966 FIFA World Cup Soviet team.

Ponedelnik recalls his place in EURO history - UEFA EURO - News - UEFA.com

Originally posted by What Would Walt Do View Post
                    I believe that I may have found something new. There are 2 other images that are not being used on the cartography site, but are hosted on his server:The first is a picture of Bill Melendez:

The second appears to be the 1960 CCCP (Russian) soccer team that won the first European National Cup (found info through a Google image search):

Comment

Originally posted by What Would Walt Do View Post

Looks like these pics have now been removed from the cartography site. No wonder my revelations were moderated on the Story Orbit site.

So far, this experience seems more like roll-play than game-play. Lame.

Comment

Okay, looks like the first week is over! What did everyone think of this so far?
                        -Monorail Man

Comment

I have a friend who lives in Ithaca, I'll see if he can find anything at that address if it's real

Comment

Had a flash of insight on my commute... what if the dates on Walt's table are time codes relating to the record and the telephone keypad conversion key could lead to the Progressland/CoP project page or something like that on the Lott Family's site
                            The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

Comment

Thanks so much for all the updates folks, it's a clever game and I'm enjoying reading all the discovers so far. Pretty cool Disney have created this and put such effort into it for us. Thanks again for sharing!
                              First visit to a Disney Park was to Tokyo Disneyland in Oct, 2005. I was hooked! Was so blessed to visit Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea in 2009, the original Disneyland and California Adventure in 2010, Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea in 2011, and an incredible 5 night stay at Disneyland Paris in February 2013.

Comment

I noticed this on the description of Disney Interactive's presence at the D23 Expo:

"Attendees will have the chance to demo an un-announced premium tablet experience which gives Guests unprecedented access to Disney’s rich heritage."

Could be something connected, could be nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X