Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gaston and Ariel

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Gaston and Ariel

    I posted this question in the "Lounge" but didn't get any response so I thought I'd try here.
    A question had been posed to me. I've done some google searching with little luck except fan-based fiction. I feel like if anyone can tell me, it'll be someone on here.
    We probably all know that, officially from Disney, it was Gaston from "Beauty And The Beast" that shot and killed Bambi's mother. My question is this: Did Gaston influence Ariel (The Little Mermaid) to disobey her father's orders? Does anyone have any info that could help me out with this?! I'd be grateful.



  • #2
    Re: Gaston and Ariel

    I know Ariel and Hercules are cousins once removed.
    .

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Gaston and Ariel

      I doubt it. Ariel seemed to have no interaction with an actual human until Eric.
      "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Gaston and Ariel

        Originally posted by KM63 View Post
        I posted this question in the "Lounge" but didn't get any response so I thought I'd try here.
        A question had been posed to me. I've done some google searching with little luck except fan-based fiction. I feel like if anyone can tell me, it'll be someone on here.
        We probably all know that, officially from Disney, it was Gaston from "Beauty And The Beast" that shot and killed Bambi's mother. My question is this: Did Gaston influence Ariel (The Little Mermaid) to disobey her father's orders? Does anyone have any info that could help me out with this?! I'd be grateful.

        I did not know.
        *

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Gaston and Ariel

          Originally posted by mondo View Post
          I did not know.
          It's not a hard fact. Another character who was supposed to have killed her was Judge Doom from an early script of Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
          "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Gaston and Ariel

            While I believe there is a does head in Gaston's tavern, how can Gaston be the one who killed Bambi's mother? Bambi takes place in North America in the 20th Century (this is based on the fauna, the speech patterns, the canvas tents and tin kettles from the fire sequence); Beauty and the Beast takes place sometime in the early to mid-1700s (based on dress and royaly, and of course excluding the Eiffel Tower reference, if that anything but an anarchism it would move the film to the late 1800s but creates the problem of royalty in France....)


            jvsett

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Gaston and Ariel

              ORDDU: It sounds as though someone is trying to re-write Disney history without doing a very good job of it. Whoever says Gaston killed Bambi's mother is full of something a witch can't say...

              ORGOCH: Then I'll say it! Horse pucky!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Gaston and Ariel

                This rumor has been around since...jeez, I don't know how long. In the prologue to Beauty and the Beast, Bambi's mother can be seen drinking from the river outside the castle, reused footage from her respective film. It is assumed that because Gaston was a hunter and that Bambi's mother appears in what would have been his hunting-ground, Gaston is responsible for killing her. Eh...I don't buy it. Bambi was made in a time when Gaston wasn't even an idea. The whole idea is to symbolize how man hurts wildlife and whatnot. He doesn't truly need an identity.
                "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Gaston and Ariel

                  Most of you are replying to the part about Gaston and Bambi's mother....and, actually, I agree; it doesn't make sense. To the best of my recollection, I heard that, from what I thought at the time, was an official Disney release of information. Admittedly, this could have been a total ruse!
                  However, my REAL question was the second part about Gaston and Ariel!
                  So, PLEASE ignore the "Bambi" part. I'm sure some of the answers to the Gaston/Ariel question are equally filled with common-sense figuring (Most of which I have already deduced), I'm just looking for any actual information that may transcend the "common-sense" approach.
                  Thanks, everyone, for your input.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Gaston and Ariel

                    Well, I may be missing something. How does anything in Beauty and the Beast the film purportedly relate to anything in Little Mermaid? There's zero connection. Separate film universes and the characters never interact.

                    Is there a theory as to this or some in-joke that says otherwise? Because Gaston has nothing to do with anything in Little Mermaid that I've seen anywhere.
                    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Gaston and Ariel

                      It was my impression that it was an added, "after the fact" kind of trivia bit that Disney decided on and implanted, just for fun.
                      However, as has been pointed out, since those two films were seemingly set in different areas of the world and eras of time, it doesn't make sense anyway. *shrug*

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Gaston and Ariel

                        Originally posted by KM63 View Post
                        ...My question is this: Did Gaston influence Ariel (The Little Mermaid) to disobey her father's orders?
                        No. Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid are entirely different worlds whose characters have no possibility of connecting with each other.
                        "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                        Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                        imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

                        - Neil Gabler

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Gaston and Ariel

                          Originally posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
                          Well, I may be missing something. How does anything in Beauty and the Beast the film purportedly relate to anything in Little Mermaid? There's zero connection. Separate film universes and the characters never interact.

                          Is there a theory as to this or some in-joke that says otherwise? Because Gaston has nothing to do with anything in Little Mermaid that I've seen anywhere.
                          Thanks. This is the question I actually wanted addressed. And I agree; there is NO apparent connection. This issue may have been posed to me from an "outside the lines", kind of metaphysical aspect; something you can't necessarily see or hear in the two films...or even any peripheral literature or images of those stories, I couldn't tell you for sure. *shrug*
                          Thanks for your response.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Gaston and Ariel

                            Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                            No. Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid are entirely different worlds whose characters have no possibility of connecting with each other.
                            From a logical standpoint, I absolutely agree.

                            Comment

                            Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X