Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

movie frozen

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] movie frozen

    I just want to ask. Judging by the trailer and clip shown on internet, is anyone very certain it can be a much success movie as Tangled?

  • #2
    Re: movie frozen

    Originally posted by ridetotheworld View Post
    I just want to ask. Judging by the trailer and clip shown on internet, is anyone very certain it can be a much success movie as Tangled?
    Probably a better topic for the Movie forums down south a bit. But no, noone can really be "very certain" it'll be better than any given movie unless you pick something with a deep variance off of 'average' to compare it to - i.e., it's likely truthful to say it'll be better than the latest Disney direct-to-DVD multiple generation sequel, but it's likely to not be as good as, say, Snow White or Citizen Kane.
    Boggard LIEEEEF!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: movie frozen

      I've heard some reviews from friends who got to see early screenings. They mostly say it is "almost" as good as Tangled- they enjoyed it, but thought Tangled was a little better. I think with the seasonal push, and the fact that Tangled set such a great precedent for what Disney movies are doing these days, it will be equally if not more successful.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: movie frozen

        Frozen "In Summer" song -- Official | HD - YouTube

        Well ok. but here i found this video of olaf singing about summer.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: movie frozen

          Looks pretty awful to me, and as a fan of both Tangled and Wreck-it Raplh, the latter totally getting shafted at the Oscars (Brave did not deserve the win, not even remotely) it pains me to see it advertised under the same pedigree.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: movie frozen

            How about we just wait and see?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: movie frozen

              I was fortunate to view it last week and it was truly wonderful. The trailer does it no justice and it actually surpassed Tangled on my favorite Disney movie list. It's very touching and for sure will give you a good cry! Although I was also fortunate to view Saving Mr. Banks and now that was truly wonderful!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: movie frozen

                Originally posted by Danielabella View Post
                I was fortunate to view it last week and it was truly wonderful. The trailer does it no justice and it actually surpassed Tangled on my favorite Disney movie list. It's very touching and for sure will give you a good cry! Although I was also fortunate to view Saving Mr. Banks and now that was truly wonderful!
                Funny... people said similar things when the first trailer for Tangled came out.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: movie frozen

                  My daughter and I can't wait to see it. We have been looking forward to it for a long time now. Considering that one of the girls has my name....it makes it even more so that we can't wait. My daughter for a while was not happy when I would tell her I was a Disney Princess now. LOL She got over that once she realized how many times her name has been used in Disney shows.
                  BTW, Danielabella, I can't wait for Saving Mr. Banks too! Glad you enjoyed both the movies.
                  Princess Anna

                  Mom To
                  Video Game Player-Noah (6/5/98)
                  &
                  Baseball Player, 2 times All Stars Basketball Player & All Net Champ -Kaleb (3/8/02)
                  &
                  Ballerina Princess Skylar (9/21/06)
                  A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

                  etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: movie frozen

                    Originally posted by NGW View Post
                    Looks pretty awful to me, and as a fan of both Tangled and Wreck-it Raplh, the latter totally getting shafted at the Oscars (Brave did not deserve the win, not even remotely)
                    Agreed on the shaft. As for the movie, I thought it was great and liked the character design/change of visual pace from other films.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: movie frozen

                      Originally posted by film975 View Post
                      Funny... people said similar things when the first trailer for Tangled came out.
                      This. It's very good, but it seems to be marketed in this kind of "up-tempo comedy" sort of way. I have seen it and think it may be better that Tangled. Music is fantastic.
                      Disneyland Wooooh!

                      "You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: movie frozen

                        In my experience, the more hype, the easier it is to let down an audience. This view bothers me because I am really excited about seeing Frozen, and I really want it to be a good movie.
                        Here's hoping!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

                        No matter where you go, there you are.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: movie frozen

                          I can't completely explain why, but that snowman thing is a 100% dealbreaker. Every time I watch a new promo, every time I see it in action all I can see is "WHEE I'M A DREAMWORKS COMIC RELIEF CHARACTER!".
                          Boggard LIEEEEF!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: movie frozen

                            Olaf is surprisingly not that bad. He's only in it for a bit, never ruins the drama, and actually has some good lines that aren't just "HAW HAW I'M WHACKY SLAPSTICK!!"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: movie frozen

                              Originally posted by Jabroniville View Post
                              Olaf is surprisingly not that bad. He's only in it for a bit, never ruins the drama, and actually has some good lines that aren't just "HAW HAW I'M WHACKY SLAPSTICK!!"
                              In my view, Olaf also represents the bond between Elsa and Anna that was forged in their childhood. Elsa put some of herself into him (who needs a warm hug more than she does?), and it is fitting that he leads Anna to her.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X