This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Harrison Ford Plane Crash

Harrison Ford crashed his vintage plan earlier this afternoon on a Ventura Golf Course. Reports note he is hospitalized with multiple head injuries. Lets keep Indian Jones in our thoughts!

*update* Crash occurred around an hour ago. He managed to land his 1930's aircraft on a fairway rather then populated area. It did not flip, but he was injured. Two golfing doctors were able to immediately assist until ambulance arrived.
    Last edited by Acpisme; 03-05-2015, 04:00 PM. Reason: update
    “Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.”

Re: Harrison Ford Plane Crash

Oh that is so very sad.

Comment

Condition is unsure, but he did manage to walk away from the crash to a gurney. But there is some confusion if what he is listed through the hospital as severe or critical condition. Open cockpit plane and it looks like a fairly hard landing causing him to hit his head several times. But bless him, when he experienced trouble Harrison ensured he landed where he would not hurt anyone else.

Comment

I think it's time he hang up the aviator hat. I understand taking joy in a longtime hobby/lifestyle, but nothing is worth gambling your life when the risk is so high, considering his age.

Comment

True not the first time, but he is highly experienced. The press conference is giving guarded information, not releasing names (although it is him and his plane). Apparently he is lucky that he landed where he did as such crashes in this type of vintage planes usually are fatal.

Comment

He's in fair-to-moderate condition.
            Disney visits over the years:
            • Disneyland, December 2000 (plus Legoland)
            • Disneyland, Summer 2003 (plus Legoland, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Model Railroad Museum, and Knott's Berry Farm)
            • Disneyland, December 26, 2004-January 2, 2005 (mom's 40th birthday at Plaza Inn; New Year's at Disneyland)
            • Disneyland, July 2005 (Pre-Disney Cruise visit)
            • Walt Disney World, December 15-25, 2006 (plus Kennedy Space Center)
            • Disneyland, August 2007
            • Disneyland, July 1-4, 2009
            • Disneyland, July 2011 (plus Universal Studios)
            • Disneyland, November 2011 (dad's 50th birthday)
            • Disneyland, June 2013
            • Walt Disney World, July-August 2013 (plus Universal CityWalk)
            • Disneyland, June 7-8 2014
            • Disneyland, December 27-31 2014 (mom's 50th birthday; my tenth visit)
            • Disneyland, Summer 2015 (plus Universal Studios)

Comment

Originally posted by screaminglamb View Post
              I think it's time he hang up the aviator hat. I understand taking joy in a longtime hobby/lifestyle, but nothing is worth gambling your life when the risk is so high, considering his age.
              Dude's not even 75 and has been flying for 20 years...
              "On these magic shores children at play are for ever beaching their coracles..."
              J.M. Barrie

Comment

The smoldering wreckage of a Nazi fighter was found a few holes over.
                There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                -Dr. Strange

Comment

Comment

Lol when I first heard it all I could think of is the scene from the holy grail where his dad shot the plane. Anyways hope he's ok.
                    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                    My company had a special night at the park
                    WdW trip report with WWoHP
                    NYE 2011 trip report
                    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                    Leap year 24 hour report
                    New DCA trip report
                    NYE 2012
                    HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by screaminglamb View Post
                      Given his age he might as well die doing something he enjoys because at his age every day he wakes up could be his last.

Comment

Latest reports was he was taken to surgery for a broken pelvis and a broken ankle. Some reports are also saying that he has a broken arm as well. Numerous head gashes. That's why the "fair to moderate" condition reports. Not sure how long he will be hospitalized, but he has a bit of a road ahead of him. Here's to a speedy recovery.
                        Originally posted by migo
                        I poop with joy!
                        Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

Working...
                        X