This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Why frozen!?

So I just came across the honest trailer for frozen http://youtu.be/Zb5IH57SorQ and It made me realize exactly how bad this movie was. I understand kids enjoying it cause they don't look for plot holes or anything they just enjoy the funny cartoons and singing but it really confuses me how an adult can watch this movie and seriously say how good it was. So why do adults actually like this movie!?

Re: Why frozen!?

ORWEN: Because it was a good movie.

Comment

IMO the Frozen bashing has now reached and maybe surpassed the annoyance of the Frozen pandemonium.... At least for someone who is on MICECHAT everday.
      "How do you do?"

Comment

Hey your talking about the most beautiful story ever that I love to dead that I have seen it for 771/2 times and counting. I love it so much that story was writen really good even thou I don't have any bothers or sisters it told me that family is strong and that you don't need to hide your fears which I have had done for years. If it wasn't for Elsa's Let It Go I would still hide my fear of letting people know I have a learing disapellty even though I think some people may already knew. I'm also a shy person as well. Elsa is my now number 2 favorite Disney Character she just drop Ariel down to 3rd in my book I still do love Princess Aurora cause she was the very first Princess that I have ever met at Disneyland that she will always be the one for me but Elsa really is up close to Aurora to make her go from 3rd palce to 2nd place.

Comment

IMO there are at least ten disney movies that project those same messages but waaaay better. For example lilo and stitch. Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.
          Also why are the trolls in the movie!? I can't find a reason

Comment

I don't like Stitch I think he is so anoing. The Trolls I agree with you on that one they along with that Durty skunk which me and Anna will not say his name are the only ones from the movie I do not like the Trolls bug me when they where singing Fixer Upper they wanted to sing and not help Anna.

Comment

People like Frozen for many reasons. And there are those who don't, like myself. That's how it is.
              Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

Although I admit that I don't like Frozen at all, I don't think it's that crazy that adults like it. I mean, people have different tastes right? I still love the crap out of Power Rangers, to the point where I'm even watching the Japanese version now. People would probably question it, like 'why are you watching it, it's so cheesy? The plots are so childish! It's for kids!' but that won't stop me from enjoying it. I am perfectly aware it's cheesy, that the acting can be bad, and that it's for kids. But I still like it.

It's the same thing with Frozen. People can acknowledge all the flaws it has, and people have different tastes of what they enjoy. At least, that's what I think anyways.

Comment

Also, wrong forum.
                  Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

ORDDU: You really can't control the likes and dislikes of others. Just learn to live and let live. It's a win-win situation when you do that.

Comment

So is this thread about grievances against the film Frozen in general, or related to an attraction based on the film in a Disney Park?

This being the Disneyland forum and all
                      There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                      -Dr. Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Wren View Post
                        So is this thread about grievances against the film Frozen in general, or related to an attraction based on the film in a Disney Park?

This being the Disneyland forum and all
                        Pretty sure it's just the movie, so the thread should probably be moved to the appropriate spot.

Comment

Tangled is better

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                          ORDDU: You really can't control the likes and dislikes of others
                          I wish I could

Comment

ORDDU: If everybody liked the same things you did, there would be too much competition for you to handle. Diversity has its advantages.

ORWEN: I liked Rapunzel's movie way better than FROZEN, too, but I still liked FROZEN. Rapunzel is a story I always loved way back when I was just a young witch starting out in my first hex education class.

Comment

Objectively I think consensus says that Frozen is a good movie (Source: Rotten Tomatoes/Metacritic). I understand why people don't like it, but not the degree to which they bash it.
                              Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Comment

We get it, some of y'all don't like Frozen. I'm not a huge fan myself, but whatever, people like it. When people start saying stuff like "If someone likes Frozen, I can't be their friend" (which HAS been said on here, not naming names), it's getting a little silly.
                                "Have I gone mad?"
                                "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

The "Honest Trailers," as funny as they are, are intended to make every movie seem awful. They make dozens of them a year, some of them even for Oscar winners. The part where he describes the almost-universally-panned Pocahontas as "the last good Disney musical in 18 years" should have given that away. But regardless, there's nothing wrong with Frozen. It's just a fun movie with universal appeal and it's very easy to see why adults would like it. Granted I do find the way that it's blown up to be a little bizarre and surprising given that when I first saw the trailer I just shrugged and thought "well, why not?"
                                  Warriors, Giants, Sharks, Texans fan from the Bay Area.
                                  Annual visitor to Disneyland ('99, '04-08, '11-present)
                                  So so hyphy.

Comment

I didn't know Pocahontas was "universally panned", I know people took issue with the historical accuracy of the film, but it seemed like it did well in theaters and people still enjoyed the music and animation.
                                    "Have I gone mad?"
                                    "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Frozen was a well made movie with catchy songs. It has two princesses instead of one so kids like that. Elsa has magic powers so kids like that, too. Also, Olaf is hilarious. I am not surprised at all that it is popular.

Comment

Unrelated, but does your name refer to the Space Ace laserdiisc videogame?

Comment

Working...
                                        X