X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why frozen!?

Originally posted by Capt Hook View Post
    Hey your talking about the most beautiful story ever that I love to dead that I have seen it for 771/2 times and counting. I love it so much that story was writen really good even thou I don't have any bothers or sisters it told me that family is strong and that you don't need to hide your fears which I have had done for years. If it wasn't for Elsa's Let It Go I would still hide my fear of letting people know I have a learing disapellty even though I think some people may already knew. I'm also a shy person as well. Elsa is my now number 2 favorite Disney Character she just drop Ariel down to 3rd in my book I still do love Princess Aurora cause she was the very first Princess that I have ever met at Disneyland that she will always be the one for me but Elsa really is up close to Aurora to make her go from 3rd palce to 2nd place.
    Very well said.

Why I like Frozen:

1. It is about the bond between sisters.
    2. The "act of true love" wasn't a kiss. It was self-sacrifice. "No greater love is there than this..." That's very powerful. I figured early on that the "act of love" would turn out to be sisterly love. But I didn't predict that Anna would save herself by her own act of love for her sister. She was saved by loving, rather than being loved.
    3. What people seem to miss about Elsa is that she nearly becomes a villain. "Let it Go" is about empowerment, but of the selfish variety. It's a showstopper, but the character is only at the beginning of her development. Of course Elsa doesn't know that at the time. She is resigned to that life of turning her back on her people, and didn't notice the damage she caused them. She is resigned to being cold and decides it never bothered her anyway. Basically, she didn't see another way and didn't believe she could be heroic. But Anna steadfastly refused to give up on her.
    4. Olaf. They walked right up to the line between cute and annoying and managed not to cross it. No easy trick. Josh Gad deserves a lot of credit for making that character work.
    5. It's generally a bad idea to get engaged the very night you meet someone. Props for that message too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixtopher View Post
      So I just came across the honest trailer for frozen http://youtu.be/Zb5IH57SorQ and It made me realize exactly how bad this movie was. I understand kids enjoying it cause they don't look for plot holes or anything they just enjoy the funny cartoons and singing but it really confuses me how an adult can watch this movie and seriously say how good it was. So why do adults actually like this movie!?
      As an adult, I loved Frozen the same I enjoyed many other Disney animated features: the princess costuming, the music, the beauty of the animation, the wholesomeness... What makes Frozen different from for adults than the Little Mermaid or [insert older Disney animated classic here]? I am teased for my love of Disney by many who think all (of what many of us fans call) the greats as children's films. To the non Disney lover, they may be good children's films, but they are for kids. There are those who believe that this categorization itself is inferior to adult stories.

There is plenty of fiction with plot holes that adults enjoy (Harry Potter, Inception, and Alice in Wonderland to name a few-- though Alice's are by design). Also, I know you didn't mean it this way, but your statement that kids don't mind such issues unfairly underestimates their minds. It's not necessarily that don't care or look for plot holes; they just view the stories from a more innocent viewpoint (and it's not just that it's a funny cartoon). A child's viewpoint has not be refined/limited by life problems, which develop as they grow. True, it does not make sense that Elsa and Anna have not spoken for years, yet their "strong" bond is what saves Anna. However, many kids identify with the way Anna and Elsa played as children--the dubious bond is made believable because of this introductory scene. Their bond is strong because it was so when they were kids (to a child, this wouldn't just whither and die).

As for the trolls (I cannot argue; this was a poor artistic choice), I think the filmmakers wanted to pay homage to the fairytale lore of the area that inspired and shaped Arendale.
      Last edited by Jesser-pie; 05-07-2015, 07:28 PM. Reason: typos and missed point

Comment

So I just came across the honest trailer for frozen http://youtu.be/Zb5IH57SorQ and It made me realize exactly how bad this movie was. I understand kids enjoying it cause they don't look for plot holes or anything they just enjoy the funny cartoons and singing but it really confuses me how an adult can watch this movie and seriously say how good it was. So why do adults actually like this movie!?
        IMO I think Honest Trailers was too easy on the film. They never really address any of the actual plot holes, just took a few jabs at the film's silliness.

Comment

Finally someone who shares the same thougt I do about this horrific movie! I dont know a single adult that has said they thought this movie was good. God I hate this stupid movie and I want to punch Olaf is his stupid buck-tooth face...please melt away!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X