Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please say it aint so....

noooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Disney will once again say the word "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious." A new "Mary Poppins" is coming, based on another in the P.L. Travers series.
    "Raiders Suck"
    -Walt Disney

At least it's not a remake. It seems like it will be a sequel, based on the books. Although I wish Disney released more original movies, this is better news than the Live action remake of Winnie the Pooh, Jungle Book, Pete's Dragon, Pinocchio , Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and whatever else Disney has planned.

Comment

No surprise -- it's par for the course for a corporation whose Job 1 is marketing brands.
      "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
      Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
      imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

"I didn't know the story of baby Jesus could be any better,
      until Thor told it to me."
      -
      Young girl at Disneyland's 2017 Candlelight Ceremony
      narrated by Chris Hemsworth

Comment

eh

Comment

They have updated versions of Cinderella and Maleficent, and now Beauty and the Beast next year. Why not Mary Poppins?

Comment

As somebody on Tumblr wisely put it, "'Disney literally just released a film explaining why P.L. Travers didn't even want any film in the first place."
            Need help planning your Disneyland Resort vacation? Follow this link and I'll give you all the help you need!

sigpic

Comment

If anything this movie needed a prequel, not a sequel. I'd love to know the history between Bert and Mary.

Comment

I'm at least interested to see what they do with it. It's new material from her other books, not a remake/sequel, and they have Rob Marshall directing with the Hairspray songwriting team doing the music. They're going to have a huge challenge to be in the same league as the original, but at least they are bringing in top talent.

Comment

Kristen Bell would be my top choice with Amy Adams second, though there might be an unknown out there who's practically perfect in every way. The actress should not make the Brandon Routh mistake of carefully imitating the outstanding lead actor who played the same character.

I don't share Daboltz's discomfort with this. The ending of Star Wars part 6 (the third one made) and parts 1-3 didn't lower my opinion or enjoyment of Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back. And I blissfully pretend that Godfather III was never made, but I'm glad that artists risked wrath and made Aliens 2, Superman 2, Spiderman 2, Godfather 2, Rocky 2-6, Back to the Future 2 & 3, and Gremlins 2.
                  Last edited by jcruise86; 09-23-2015, 01:09 PM.

Comment

They tossed this idea around back in the 80's,( http://briansibleysblog.blogspot.com...zapoppins.html ). The story they were looking at could turn into a well done film (parts of the books unused in the 1st Mary Poppins) but I also wonder about casting.

Comment

Working...
                    X