Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Live-Action "Snow White" Starts Shooting In March

Turning Disney Classics to crap, one (live-action) film at a time.

"We have learned from sources that a casting search has already begun to look for the studios next live-action Princess, Prince, Evil Queen/Old Hag, and the seven dwarfs. Additionally, we have also learned that production on the project is expected to begin next March in Vancouver Canada."

https://thedisinsider.com/2019/09/29...n-next-spring/
    We need another Walt...and fast!

Not a fan of Snow White anyway so I'll be passing on this one.

Comment

Live-Action , from animation
      Does noting for me........I find them to be big let down ,in many ways !
      IMO
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

If this is true, then I'm surprised that its moving through the production process quickly. I'm not surprised that Snow White is being adapted, as literally every (successful) Disney animated movie is being adapted. We can probably expect Pinocchio and a "live" Bambi(which will now terrify a new generation!).

I can't help but wonder, if Disney will stop remakes, if internet/demand wanes. On one hand they might, as Iger admitted they were too "ambitious" on the overload of Star Wars. On the other hand, this is the same company that once gave nearly every single Disney animated film, a Sequel, Threequel or Prequel.

Comment

Snow White and The Huntsman and Mirror, Mirror have already been done. There's not much more they could do with a live action Snow White.

Comment

It's crazy considering the Huntsman came out 3 years ago. But those 2 movies were way different than Disney's Snow White so if it's just an adaption like they've been doing with other movies I might be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
              Snow White and The Huntsman and Mirror, Mirror have already been done. There's not much more they could do with a live action Snow White.
              Come hell or high water they're going to try.
              We need another Walt...and fast!

Comment

Can Disney do as good a job on Dwarves, like Peter Jackson did on the Hobbit, and Lord of the Rings? I'd kinda like to see those 7 dwarves in real life.
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

I'm waiting for "Snow White (isn't that a risky move in today's sensitive political environment? or, will it become a diversity model?), Cinderella and Aurora meet Fiona"....

or, "do Dallas"...

Snow White, watched it recently remembering even when I was a child, I found Snow and the Dwarves.... really annoying

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                    Can Disney do as good a job on Dwarves, like Peter Jackson did on the Hobbit, and Lord of the Rings? I'd kinda like to see those 7 dwarves in real life.
                    funny you mention that, I didn't like the way jackson mangled the stories and brought modern moralizing into them but
                    he sure did the Dwarves right!

I was just posting that I had recently watched "Snow White" and, found myself wanting the rough and tumble, well armed determined Dwarves of the Tolkien stories...
                    they were great!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X