Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Paul Frees - Disney Legend (Moved from Litter Box)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Frees - Disney Legend (Moved from Litter Box)

For some reason, this thread was in the Litter Box. I can't move the whole thread at once or posts will disappear. I have to do it in steps. In a few minutes, all of the posts will be here.

This upcoming November 2nd will be the 30th anniversary of Paul Frees' death. Paul Frees did a lot for Disney like being the original voice actor for Ludwig Von Drake. He was the narrator for Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln and Adventure Thru Innerspace. He voiced several pirates in Pirates of the Caribbean (the auctioneer). His biggest role in Disneyland was the Ghost Host for The Haunted Mansion. On November 2nd, I will listen to some of his best stuff in his memory. Rest in Peace Paul. You were quite a Disney Legend.

Comment

The coolest thing that happened to me today. Paul Frees' son Fred Frees got in touch with me on Twitter. He said his dad didn't like the attractions at Disneyland, but he took Fred at his insistence. And no, Paul didn't do the voice of the Submarine Voyage captain.

Comment

Also the voice of Tony the Tiger, for Frosted Flakes cereal... they're grrrrrrrrrrrrreat!
        Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by JesterMn View Post
          Also the voice of Tony the Tiger, for Frosted Flakes cereal... they're grrrrrrrrrrrrreat!
          Tony the Tiger was voiced by Thurl Ravenscroft.
          "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
          Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
          imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Tony the Tiger was voiced by Thurl Ravenscroft.
            I don't think Thurl Ravenscroft was involved with the Submarine Voyage or any Tomorrowland attractions. Boy would I like to know who did the captain's voice for the Submarine Voyage and give credit where credit is due.

Comment

He also voiced Boo Berry in his first few commercials, lending his talents to another ghost. Oddly enough he does a Peter Lorre impression for Boo's voice and for those of you that don't know, one of his original takes for the Ghost Host was a Peter Lorre impression

Comment

I was thinking that Pete Renaday was the voice of the Submarine captain, but I think I'm wrong.

Renaday did voice Officer Collins in 'Mission to Mars.' And he is probably best known as the voice of Henry in 'The Country Bear Jamboree."
                Jim in Merced CA - former cast member at Walt Disney World, Walt Disney Imagineering and Disneyland.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X